Author Topic: Best Concert ever  (Read 4467 times)

Syferus

• View Profile
Re: Best Concert ever
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
Popular response, but Dave Navarro didn't warp (nice use of the word) them, he was at best 1/4 of the band. One Hot Minute was anything but generic, and the sound shift was heavily due to Keidis' relapses. Still one of my favourite albums.

I don't think we can say one is a better player than the other - I agree JK is a better fit for the RHCP, but original he ain't.

Suck my Kiss and Give it Away, while two of the most popular songs, wouldn't be considered 2 of the best - except for nostalgia and impact purposes.

Good Times though.

Suck My Kiss was voted the fifth best RHCP song by Rolling Stone and Give It Away won a Grammy and was "included in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's unordered list of the "500 Songs That Shaped Rock"; in 2002 Kerrang! placed the song at number 67 in their list of the "100 Greatest Singles of All Time"; in 2004 Q included it in their unordered list of the "1001 Songs You Must Own!"; and VH1 awarded the song the 50th spot in its 2009 compilation of the "100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs"." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give_It_Away_(Red_Hot_Chili_Peppers_song)

Both were popular and critical hits.

Puckoon

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
Donald Trump was voted PUSA!

EDIT: What this fan wanted to say was "shouldn't be considered' - not wouldn't.

Ball Hopper

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
My best concert ever was Andre Rieu, in Belfast last year.

Attending one of his concerts later in the year...what made it great for you?

You will recognise everything he plays. He tells a story with every thing he conducts and there is some humour thrown in.

Went to one of his concerts.  Sound a bit like Tony here but i went because I got free tickets (daughter was singing in the choir on stage for a song or two)... I wasnt really expecting much but came away thinking what a cracking show it was. Would def go again.

Was at a recent concert of his...very impressed.  Great atmosphere and good humour from him as mentioned.  Would definitely recommend.

I see he is in Dublin 8 and 9 Dec and in Belfast on Sunday 10 Dec.  Here is a small sample of his music  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmDNhi07_Ho