The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

That's grand. You're entitled to your opinion. Like you I think Lovren was daft to even make contact. But I don't think it was a push. I think Henderson against Brighton was a push. Henderson had is hand on the Brighton lads back and extended his arm. I don't think Lovren ever extended his arm when he was in contact with the Everton lad, so I can't see how it was a push. It certainly wasn't a push as indicated by the referee. If Lovren did what the ref said, then it would have been a stone wall penalty.

But these things happen. Liverpool should have been further ahead, and in soccer you are always one mistake away from a goal being conceded. If it was 3-0 at the time, it wouldn't have mattered.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2017, 11:02:00 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on December 11, 2017, 11:00:06 AM
The referee and linesman were about 40-50 metres away. They see hands being raised,  placed on a blue shirt and the Everton player hitting the ground. They weren't close enough to even make a guess as to the strength of the push. What are they supposed to do? If I was the ref I'd ask myself "why is that defender putting his hands on the Everton player?" and I'd feel entitled to give the penalty.

Well I have a problem with that. You can't give what you guess. You have to know. They must have been sure in their own minds that it was a push, otherwise you can't give it.

He obviously was sure. "Sure" and "wrong" are not mutually exclusive.  :P

It looked legit to me from behind, the angle the ref had. He only gets one look, in real time.

Slowed down and from other angles, the player looked like he was waiting for the slightest of contact and went down. Lovren, unfortunately, stupidly indulged him.

Herrera tried to buy a penalty against City and got rightfully booked. Chelsea scored a goal last week off a much more blatant push by Morata, but it wasn't spotted. Short of video reviewing all of these incidents, there's nothing anyone can do.

I would expect Klopp to be telling people to keep their f**king hands off opposition backs in the area now. That's two weeks in a row stupid penalties were given away.

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2017, 11:17:09 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2017, 11:02:00 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on December 11, 2017, 11:00:06 AM
The referee and linesman were about 40-50 metres away. They see hands being raised,  placed on a blue shirt and the Everton player hitting the ground. They weren't close enough to even make a guess as to the strength of the push. What are they supposed to do? If I was the ref I'd ask myself "why is that defender putting his hands on the Everton player?" and I'd feel entitled to give the penalty.

Well I have a problem with that. You can't give what you guess. You have to know. They must have been sure in their own minds that it was a push, otherwise you can't give it.

He obviously was sure. "Sure" and "wrong" are not mutually exclusive.  :P

It looked legit to me from behind, the angle the ref had. He only gets one look, in real time.

Slowed down and from other angles, the player looked like he was waiting for the slightest of contact and went down. Lovren, unfortunately, stupidly indulged him.

Herrera tried to buy a penalty against City and got rightfully booked. Chelsea scored a goal last week off a much more blatant push by Morata, but it wasn't spotted. Short of video reviewing all of these incidents, there's nothing anyone can do.

I would expect Klopp to be telling people to keep their f**king hands off opposition backs in the area now. That's two weeks in a row stupid penalties were given away.

Absolutely. I'm not saying he can't give a wrong decision, but he has to be sure at the time it's right. That's just a mistake. What a ref can't do is guess what he saw. If he was sure it was a push, then it's a peno all day long. I was saying I had a problem with the ref guessing, which is what Esmerelda said. A guess, knowing it's a guess, is not acceptable.

angermanagement

outinfront

"I would expect Klopp to be telling people to keep their f**king hands off opposition backs in the area now."
Correct - should be obvious to any defender, at any level.
If it was the other way round I'd be giving off saying it's soft but I'd also be more annoyed about the stupidity of the defender in that situation, 100%.

Denn Forever

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2017, 11:08:39 AM
Well to push someone, you have to extend your arms. Try and push something without extending your arms? If he saw that, then he gives a penalty. If he didn't then he's just guessing.

It wasn't a push, it was a dunt up the ar%e.  Still a foul and we now know that Klopp doesn't appear to know what is and isn't a foul.  And w.hy he seems to prefer Moreno.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: outinfront on December 11, 2017, 11:20:12 AM
"I would expect Klopp to be telling people to keep their f**king hands off opposition backs in the area now."
Correct - should be obvious to any defender, at any level.
If it was the other way round I'd be giving off saying it's soft but I'd also be more annoyed about the stupidity of the defender in that situation, 100%.

That's true. Sometimes I can't believe how brainless some lads are. Lucas was a prime example, but Moreno and Lovren are as bad. Even Henderson against Brighton, like WTF are you thinking? That's not talent, or effort, or systems, that's just pure unadulterated stupidity.

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 11, 2017, 11:21:19 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2017, 11:08:39 AM
Well to push someone, you have to extend your arms. Try and push something without extending your arms? If he saw that, then he gives a penalty. If he didn't then he's just guessing.

It wasn't a push, it was a dunt up the ar%e.  Still a foul and we now know that Klopp doesn't appear to know what is and isn't a foul.  And w.hy he seems to prefer Moreno.

Moreno has played well this season bar the Sevilla game. Without his baggage, no one would be calling for him to be dropped. Klopp dropped him and froze him out last year fairly unceremoniously when he was struggling.

That said, Robertson has the chance now to make the spot his own with Moreno out for a few weeks.

Milltown Row2

As a ref in Gaa, you can have hands on someones back but you cant push them, the moment you push its a free, now not everyone goes down when pushed, some players are able to hold their feet, but soccer is different it seems, 6"3 players fall all the time !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Never a penalty
Ask yourself this , if that happened ten times in a row at various matches with different referees how many would give it
At the same time once you put your hand on someone's back your inviting trouble, Jesus we tell our young hurlers that
Once the Everton player felt something down he went like a sack of S..T
I bet that ref would have given Herrara a penalty yesterday instead of telling him to get up and here is a yellow for your BS
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

J70

On the bright side, Gomez had some game yesterday. Been playing very well the past few weeks.

J70

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2017, 11:41:47 AM
On the bright side, Gomez had some game yesterday. Been playing very well the past few weeks.

Gomez is playing great and in fairness lovren and Moreno are just not good enough
At this level as a defender you can't have 5 good matches out of 6
They need yer man from Southampton as soon as

magpie seanie

I've actually seen Liverpool a few times on TV recently and Gomez has impressed me. Salah is just brilliant....have to say I like watching the guy play. Another example of Mourinho's great management I think?

Moreno is one of the worst professional soccer players I've ever seen....robbing a living.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 11, 2017, 11:49:07 AM

I've actually seen Liverpool a few times on TV recently and Gomez has impressed me. Salah is just brilliant....have to say I like watching the guy play. Another example of Mourinho's great management I think?

Moreno is one of the worst professional soccer players I've ever seen....robbing a living.

Yeah it's looking like mourhino has squandered some talent at Chelsea