Tyrone v Roscommon Say 14th July at 5pm - Football chat ONLY

Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Jinxy on July 15, 2018, 07:43:24 PM
The readings from my sickening arrogance detector are off the charts right now.
It's beyond sickening arrogance, it's psychopathic, -   (dishonesty, arrogance, low remorse, minimizing self-blame, callousness, and shallow affect).

There are some grounds for optimism though. Once taken out of their enclave, tidied up into a 3 piece suit and placed among other normal mortals, the Tyronie GAA aficionado (eg.Big Sean)  can seamlessly shed this imposed psychopathic personality layer, best epitomized by the high pitched weasel tones of victimisation. These days, Big Sean looks complete, free of the shackles that bind the human spirit.

weareros

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 15, 2018, 11:30:33 PM
Whatever happened to Donie Shine?

New managers come in. They get rid of a few of the stars from the previous regime under the ruse of giving youth a chance. Carr, Maughan, McStay, all guilty in this regard. We have such a huge pick in Ros, it makes it easy for them. That last line is sarcastic cos you never know with a few of ours.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on July 16, 2018, 12:23:42 AM

New managers come in. They get rid of a few of the stars from the previous regime under the ruse of giving youth a chance. Carr, Maughan, McStay, all guilty in this regard. We have such a huge pick in Ros, it makes it easy for them. That last line is sarcastic cos you never know with a few of ours.
Army officers  are not good amateur sport managers.
Most GAA activists I've talked to today reckon McStay is a busted flush and has been found out.
No defensive organisation,  terrible fitness, strength and conditioning levels, random team selections -one buck reckons we pick names out of 1 hat and jersey numbers out of another hat.
That sort of stuff can happen in year 1 of any regime but by year 3 you expect those type of things to be sorted out.
We may be no world beaters but fck it you expect management to have some kind of pattern and organisation to make the team better after 3 years.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 16, 2018, 01:29:00 AM

Most GAA activists I've talked to today reckon McStay is a busted flush and has been found out.
No defensive organisation,  terrible fitness, strength and conditioning levels, random team selections -one buck reckons we piclass names out of 1 hat and jersey numbers out of another hat.
That sort of stuff can happen in year 1 of any regime but by year 3 you expect those type of things to be sorted out.
We may be no world beaters but fck it you expect management to have some kind of pattern and organisation to make the team better after 3 years.

GAA activists. Right. You've been waiting 18 months to try to kick McStay in the ribs when the team fell down. Watching us only lose three matches since March 2017 must have really been tough for you to handle in the lead up to the Tyrone match.

A person's profession has fûck all to do with their ability as a manager, I can't actually believe I have to tell you that.

It's hard to even call you a Roscommon supporter at this stage.

Rossfan

Attack me and avoid the obvious points I made.
Ignore 4-24.
Ignore "we don't need a defensive coach"
Ignore disdain for S &C.
Ignore a disorganised team.
Good night.

shark

No defensive organisation,  terrible fitness, strength and conditioning levels, random team selections -one buck reckons we pick names out of 1 hat and jersey numbers out of another hat.

As an outsider looking in, Roscommon are better after those 3 years. Ye won Connacht last year. That doesn't happen all that often. There is a massive gap to the top from where ye are, but I don't see that being bridged under any manager. No matter what their profession is.

(clever use of Army instead of Defence Forces by the way. Wonder why you did that?)

seafoid

"We made a couple of massive turnovers that we were punished for,"  McStay told RTÉ Sport.

https://www.rte.ie/amp/978712/
"Then the gap that we were hoping Tyrone wouldn't get, that we were planning not to give them, all of a sudden they had it and they are so hard to play against once that gap opens up but fair play to them, their athleticism, their conditioning, it's way ahead of ours and we couldn't live with it."

"You are trying to keep the margin manageable and all the runners are coming from the defence all the time

https://youtu.be/GGU1P6lBW6Q
and we started  getting tired and not tracking.

"Tyrone are expert at padding out the lead and in the end it looks like a lot. Thankfully, we have a week to recover and there is a match in seven days time so we won't be mulling around the place we have to get back on the horse show a bit of pride next week and have a cut."
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

trailer

Roscommon are now the San Marino of this group. Likely to get two massive hidings from Dublin and Donegal. Perhaps scores against the lowest ranked team in every group should be discounted? Dublin could put 30 points+ on them and Donegal 20+
Tyrone were made to look good against them. Lots of very easy turnovers, which comes from a team not being fit.
Tyrone v Dublin will be interesting next week. It's time to hammer the hammer.

Rossfan

I'm told by those in the know he hasn't much time for S&C.
Nor defensive organisation either.
I am not aware of the team having S&C or defence gurus.
Anyway we're technically still in the race for a semi final spot so all is not lost yet  we're the least likely of the 8 to make it.

Shark - I see your point  but I was just thinking of our history of army bucks. Even poor Dermot didn't do very well.

Rossfan

Quote from: bigtogs on July 15, 2018, 01:12:47 PM
Roscommon where blowing out the hole after 20 minutes not fit or do they have physique to operate in croke park......

!!!!!

imtommygunn

The worst of it is, based on last year anyway, Tyrone's conditioning is nearly as far behind Dublin's as Roscommon is behind theirs.

Maybe that will be different this year but we'll see. I could see this being Dublin's easiest Ai yet :( (Though I think Tyrone in Omagh will give them a bit of a scare though if it comes to a semi or final don't think they have a chance).

Roscommon have some very good footballers and it's a pity seeing so people get so deflated after one game. The professionalism teams like Tyrone have takes years, and money, to get into place. Roscommon may be closer to Donegal than people think with it being at home.  Dublin sadly, like most teams really, will beat them by as much as they want.

RedHand88

Quote from: shark on July 16, 2018, 07:03:08 AM

As an outsider looking in, Roscommon are better after those 3 years. Ye won Connacht last year. That doesn't happen all that often. There is a massive gap to the top from where ye are, but I don't see that being bridged under any manager. No matter what their profession is.

(clever use of Army instead of Defence Forces by the way. Wonder why you did that?)

I know the gaa is all progressive and inclusive these days but I think we're a bit away from having British army officers managing county teams.