Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hedgehunter

Quote from: befair on May 23, 2019, 03:53:09 PM
Quote from: Lotto on May 20, 2019, 05:15:26 PM
Quote from: Leftmidfield on May 20, 2019, 04:41:47 PM
Ryan Mallon came on and was then taken off. Was this tactical or was he injured?
If it was the former then I think that could be the last we will see of him in the red and black

He was taken off because of his inability to lift the ball but rather chose to put his toe in it, a decision which ended up with the ball in our net within 20 seconds. Head down and run hard is all he has ever been about with very poor decision making throw in, I'm sure Armagh would have rather he had stayed on as he offered nothing.

Every player can make a mistake; taking a lad off so shortly after being brought on was an unnecessary humiliation. Mallon is a county standard footballer, and would be an excellent full-back; I agree further up the field he is less effective

I even suggested to another fan that Mallon would have been better suited to go in to full back when they brought Poland back on..

Smurfy123

Another big win for Ballyholland tonight. Big second half for them coming from 4 points down in last 10 minutes. Mooney playing for Rostrevor so I take it games are not starred. Leaves Ballyholland in a good position after a pooor start. Fair play to them

razor

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 23, 2019, 10:16:48 PM
Another big win for Ballyholland tonight. Big second half for them coming from 4 points down in last 10 minutes. Mooney playing for Rostrevor so I take it games are not starred. Leaves Ballyholland in a good position after a pooor start. Fair play to them

Why would these games be starred when Down dont play until 8th June?

Smurfy123

Who said they were you clown? Get off that high horse that you are on. Are you looking to make a few friends

charlieTully

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 24, 2019, 01:05:38 PM
Who said they were you clown? Get off that high horse that you are on. Are you looking to make a few friends

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Aristo 60

Tipp at home then.

They haven't been going well this year with just one win Div 2. Looks like a winnable game if the Down men can bring the same energy and never say die attitude back to Newry as was on display the last day.

I'm thinking a win, which will give our young lads the experience they will need for the future ahead.

Mourne Rover

After Monaghan, Tipperary were probably the second toughest draw we could have got. While their league form was poor, they were still a division above us  and they had a particularly impressive win over Donegal. They have had a decent record over the last few seasons, thanks to an astute manager and one of the best full forwards in the country, although their championship defeat against Limerick must be a good sign for us. A home tie probably helps us but our record  in Newry over the last four years has been disappointing. If we can find a full back, and use our younger players properly, we should be capable of getting another day out.

Smurfy123

This will be a massive test for this young squad and if they can get through it they will be given some boost. It's a game that Down can win but one that they can also loose easily. My big worry would be Sweeney and Quinlivan in the full forward line. It is probably our weakest line and Tipperary strongest. I would prefer to play Tipp than Fermanagh though.

Targetman

Result from tonight's U20's match, Down 7-13 Armagh 0-12

snoopdog

Some scoreline. What's the Leo Murphy development league though?

Targetman

Think its some sort of pre championship competition

Mourne Rover

Down footballers do not win many matches by 22 points at any level so it was quite a result. When the same two teams met at the same venue in the former u21 championship three years, Armagh won by exactly the same margin. Last night's outcome would suggest there is some substance to the good reports coming out of the Mourne Academy, and there is no doubt that the 2018 u20 side should at least have made the Ulster final. However, given the dire record of our underage squads over the last decade, we probably need to wait under until later in the year before drawing conclusions.

elk

Is it the same management team involved with the U20's as last year?

SamFever

Any line-out of the Down team?

Nanderson

Looking at pictures on facebook lineup seemed to be
1. Jack Hazzard
2. ?
3. Finn McElroy
4. Ronan Harrison
5. John McGeough
6. ?
7. Conor Clarke
8. Liam Middleton