Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 03:03:26 PM

So you are in favour of reactionary, right, demagogic wing political policies?
"Everyone I don't like is a reactionary and a demagogue. And right wing too." ::)

Is he not back doing missile tests? How long until the nuke tests start again?
He still wiped his ass with him. (Obama did nothing.)
What actions exactly?
You admitted yourself that Bush and Obama "may have"  ::) cooperated with Putin but "they didn't point blank refuse to condemn him under any circumstance."

It's easy to condemn someone. But their actions in co-operating with him undermine any cheap condemnation.

QuoteFeel free to post a similar example.

No, you made the claim - in respect of Bush and Obama. You back it up. I'll wait.

So Trump HAS NOT been openly hostile to European nations and even the likes of f**king Canada?

The horror. The horror. "The bad orange man is mean to Justin and Jean Claude."  ::)

Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 02:43:56 PM
Nitpicking my arse. Luckily for LGBT people in the US, there is a court system to hamstring Trump and the GOP.
You've just utterly undermined your own claim.

No history of "race-baiting" policies or rhetoric? Just two anecdotes, one a social media outrage explosion involving an old Native America and smirking kid in a MAGA hat, and an actor whose staging of a fake attack/police report was exposed by Obama's former chief of staff and his police department?

History? Check the history of the Klan, Woodrow Wilson, Margaret Sanger, Jim Crow...
Anecdotes? 2020 Democrat candidates were quick to push the Phillips and Smollett hoaxes.

J70

Quote from: five points on June 07, 2019, 03:20:03 PM

So you are in favour of reactionary, right, demagogic wing political policies?
"Everyone I don't like is a reactionary and a demagogue. And right wing too." ::)

No, just racists and bigots. People who use out-groups as scapegoats to foment fear and support. You're apparently fine with that.

Is he not back doing missile tests? How long until the nuke tests start again?
He still wiped his ass with him. (Obama did nothing.)

Again, that very much remains to be seen.

He did make up an insulting name I guess.

What actions exactly?
You admitted yourself that Bush and Obama "may have"  ::) cooperated with Putin but "they didn't point blank refuse to condemn him under any circumstance."

It's easy to condemn someone. But their actions in co-operating with him undermine any cheap condemnation.

Cheap condemnation, if that is what is has been, is still a hell of a lot better than the embarrassing conduct of kissing up to Putin, or the Saudis over Khasoggi or whoever the strongman-du-jour it is who Trump feels intimidated by in person.

QuoteFeel free to post a similar example.

No, you made the claim - in respect of Bush and Obama. You back it up. I'll wait.

I'm sorry, you want me to post an example of Bush or Obama siding with the likes of Putin over their own government? YOU made that claim.

So Trump HAS NOT been openly hostile to European nations and even the likes of f**king Canada?

The horror. The horror. "The bad orange man is mean to Justin and Jean Claude."  ::)

While he is playing footsie with dictators and demagogues.

Nitpicking my arse. Luckily for LGBT people in the US, there is a court system to hamstring Trump and the GOP.
You've just utterly undermined your own claim.

How so?

No history of "race-baiting" policies or rhetoric? Just two anecdotes, one a social media outrage explosion involving an old Native America and smirking kid in a MAGA hat, and an actor whose staging of a fake attack/police report was exposed by Obama's former chief of staff and his police department?

History? Check the history of the Klan, Woodrow Wilson, Margaret Sanger, Jim Crow...
Anecdotes? 2020 Democrat candidates were quick to push the Phillips and Smollett hoaxes.

Seriously, we have to go into Nixon's Southern Strategy, the crossing over of southern conservatives from the Democrats to the GOP in the wake of the civil rights movement, Harlem welfare queens, the acknowledgment from the RNC, the current policies of the GOP, whether its confederate symbols or voter suppression and gerrymandering?

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

general_lee

How people are so anti-sinn Fein they criticise them over something that would actually benefit them and their local community, just to get a dig in  :o

BennyCake

Quote from: general_lee on June 14, 2019, 03:32:27 PM
How people are so anti-sinn Fein they criticise them over something that would actually benefit them and their local community, just to get a dig in  :o

Was there anything in particular?

under the bar

On the M1 to Dublin today I came across a tractor drawing silage. Wtf!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on June 14, 2019, 07:12:14 PM
On the M1 to Dublin today I came across a tractor drawing silage. Wtf!
;D Sure it's the time of the year. Have seen tractors and mopeds a few times on it. Madness.

Jeepers Creepers

Tony Baloney

ALL of Argentina and parts of Uruguay are without power following a power cut! How does a whole country lose power in one hit?!

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 16, 2019, 12:20:54 PM
ALL of Argentina and parts of Uruguay are without power following a power cut! How does a whole country lose power in one hit?!

Likely a cascading fault resulting from a local problem that wasn't isolated.
The power outage in NE USA and Ontario in 2003 probably affected as many people
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeast_blackout_of_2003
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

laoislad

I'm on my way!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on June 16, 2019, 01:03:54 PM
I'm on my way!
Has anyone checked that weren't involved in some installations over there?!

Over the Bar

Cos the toe-rag thieves from places like Laois are out stealing the copper presumably?