The ulster rugby trial

Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Syferus on February 07, 2018, 02:39:26 PM
There's cavemen in this thread who are aware how toxic an issue this is so they know enough not to say "I don't really believe the rape victim". So they think they're doing a good job obfuscating what's in their hearts by raising questions about the victim dressing scantily, her chasing after 'stars' or simply looking for attention as if it fools anyone into believing they're approaching the issue without a callous bias against the victim. Preaching to the cave.

How does one preach to a cave. Your bad grammar on this post combined with an unprecedented condecent approach detracts the reader away from the subject matter. A bit less pretence and a bit more tone and context that befits the general users normal reading standard might achieve more empathy.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: general_lee on February 07, 2018, 03:03:07 PM
Syfarus, are you at Laganside court? Or Roscommon somewhere?

He may have been in the room on the night in question he knows so much about the case
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 07, 2018, 03:06:09 PM

He may have been in the room on the night in question he knows so much about the case

All I derived from his post was he's a bit of a smart ass. His geographical location or knowledge of the subject wouldn't have a bearing on his rants

Syferus

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 07, 2018, 03:05:26 PM
There's cavemen in this thread who are aware how toxic an issue this is so they know enough not to say "I don't really believe the rape victim". So they think they're doing a good job obfuscating what's in their hearts by raising questions about the victim dressing scantily, her chasing after 'stars' or simply looking for attention as if it fools anyone into believing they're approaching the issue without a callous bias against the victim. Preaching to the cave.

How does one preach to a cave. Your bad grammar on this post combined with an unprecedented condecent approach detracts the reader away from the subject matter. A bit less pretence and a bit more tone and context that befits the general users normal reading standard might achieve more empathy.

You seem to assume I have any intention or desire to look for empathy from the sorts of people I was commenting on there. Weird.

You either get the parameters that define rape culture or you don't and try to pretend this is a normal court case. You can't make someone see who doesn't want to see.

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 07, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

All I derived from his post was he's a bit of a smart ass. His geographical location or knowledge of the subject wouldn't have a bearing on his rants

read some of his other posts on it from the rugby thread.  Continually labels people who want to wait until the end of the trial before they make up their mind as caveman.  Most of the time challenged on a valid point deflects and or doesn't refer back to it.   as narcisstic as an individual as you could ever interact with.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on February 07, 2018, 03:16:59 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 07, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

read some of his other posts on it from the rugby thread.  Continually labels people who want to wait until the end of the trial before they make up their mind as caveman.  Most of the time challenged on a valid point deflects and or doesn't refer back to it.   as narcisstic as an individual as you could ever interact with.

Gonna switch to my own words here.
You got that dude Sussed Frank

Orior

You also forgot to mention that she took her top off then gave the second guy a blowjob, before seeing the third guy and deciding enough is enough.

Before people jump down my throat note that I am only describing the defence case, not my own view.

At the end of the day, there will be no winners in this court case except the lawyers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

fearbrags

"""Most of the time challenged on a valid point deflects and or doesn't refer back to it.   as narcisstic as an individual as you could ever interact with"""
That Sounds Like Donald Trump  ;)

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on February 07, 2018, 03:48:18 PM

You also forgot to mention that she took her top off then gave the second guy a blowjob, before seeing the third guy and deciding enough is enough.

Before people jump down my throat note that I am only describing the defence case, not my own view.

At the end of the day, there will be no winners in this court case except the lawyers.

If the victim prevails she will have shown an incredible amount of bravery and struck a massive blow against those who think they are above being prosecuted for sexual assault. After what happened to her that would be very much a win.

Orior

And what will happen if the players prevail?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Syferus

Quote from: Orior on February 07, 2018, 04:07:37 PM
And what will happen if the players prevail?

Justice will again have not been served in a rape trial.

fearbrags

""Justice will again have not been served in a rape trial.""

Why have a trail at all ?? Just Get Judge Syferus to read a few newspapers  and Give his verdict ;)

seafoid

I think the lady has done a good job. Some of the defence lawyer conjectures were very shaky.
The rugby players have a harder job. They need to be coherent and consistent between each other. The prosecution probably have better lines of attack than "you were drunk and up for it, weren't you ?"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on February 07, 2018, 03:48:18 PM

Where is this being reported?

Asal Mor

Quote from: seafoid on February 07, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
I think the lady has done a good job. Some of the defence lawyer conjectures were very shaky.
The rugby players have a harder job. They need to be coherent and consistent between each other. The prosecution probably have better lines of attack than "you were drunk and up for it, weren't you ?"
I think the defence lawyer has been terrible. Some of his questions have been insulting and irrelevant and he's failed to ask some obvious questions regarding the exact details of what happened when she came back into the room.