27. Myanmar
28 Western China
29. Western Russia
30. Dagestan
31. Chechneya
32. Balkans
33. Israel
34. Gaza

This does not include terrorist atrocities carried out in the name of Islam in France, USA, Spain, Belguim, Canada and Sweden.

Presently ISIS are beheading children raping woman burying people alive and slaughtering anything that does not conform with their Religious beliefs.Christians, Kurds,  and Yezidis are bearing the brunt of this apocalyptical barbarism.This has been going on for months and only now is it coming to light in the wider world.

muppet

Do you mean ISIS - Islamic State of Iraq and Levant?

Or do you mean ISSIS - the Palestinian Belly Dancer?

MWWSI 2017

mylestheslasher

Religion is the root of all evil. These guys are vermin but I'm afraid the vermin are not restricted to one religion, I am sure you could draw up a good list of christian groups that are fighting too. The unfortunate thing is that this is the bastard children of the west, the failed reasoning of my enemies enemy is my friend policy.

Look at Egypt. A muslim government elected in democratic elections. A military coup sponsored by the yanks and the dictators are back in power. The net result - radical Islam will flourish.

Gaffer

Saw some ISIS videos on liveleak.   They are a cruel bunch.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Hereiam

Didn't America arm these guys in Syria where they portrayed as freedom fighters to the western world and now that they have moved into Iraq they are now terrorists. They are doing what America and Britain want and that is to keep the middle east in turmoil so that oil will stay at low prices. Why do you think Britain is not sending in the fighter jets to wipe these guy out, this has all been pre arranged. ISIS is doing America and Britain's dirty work.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on August 13, 2014, 10:29:44 PM
Religion is the root of all evil. These guys are vermin but I'm afraid the vermin are not restricted to one religion, I am sure you could draw up a good list of christian groups that are fighting too. The unfortunate thing is that this is the b**tard children of the west, the failed reasoning of my enemies enemy is my friend policy.

Look at Egypt. A muslim government elected in democratic elections. A military coup sponsored by the yanks and the dictators are back in power. The net result - radical Islam will flourish.
Fcuk sake Myles
You might not like or have time for religion
But I don't know of any other religion that's perpetrating such war/ethnic cleansing/ genocide etc like this 
Not since the crusades for Christianity/Catholicism! ( ok maybe a few outbursts since then)

I think it's Israel not the Jewish religion that is responsible for most of the hassle in their region!

I'd hope that this insurgency is the last actions of a religion going a bit mad before it stabilizes.
However I'm not sure who or what will stabilize it!
The decent muslim folk seem too afraid to stand up to the warmongers.

If unattested, this third world problem may arrive at our first world doorstep soon!

No- I don't have ideas on how to quell it!

ONeill

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 13, 2014, 11:56:18 PM

Not since the crusades for Christianity/Catholicism! ( ok maybe a few outbursts since then)

Ah that's great. They've moved on from killing to molesting and homophobia.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rossiewanderer

Quote from: Hereiam on August 13, 2014, 10:55:02 PM
Didn't America arm these guys in Syria where they portrayed as freedom fighters to the western world and now that they have moved into Iraq they are now terrorists. They are doing what America and Britain want and that is to keep the middle east in turmoil so that oil will stay at low prices. Why do you think Britain is not sending in the fighter jets to wipe these guy out, this has all been pre arranged. ISIS is doing America and Britain's dirty work.

Many of the  ISIS animals were born and grew up in Western society treated fairly and given every chance to succeed.ISIS is a Religious cult which has no compunction in beheading children Raping woman and slaughtering anything in its path.It is far from the only Islamist group waging a similar slaughter worldwide far from Oil wells.

omaghjoe

Despite the continued portrayal in the Western media, Muslims are not total barbarians and religion is not the root of all evil. In fact most Muslims are peace loving affable people and religion is actual the soul of civilisation and the  real reason why we are able to live together and advance society in relative harmony.

ISIS are not representative of Islam in any way and they're proclamation to reestablish a caliphate is laughable and utter nonsense. Their uncompromising radicalism is more representative of the Third Reich or the Khymer Rouge.  The Muslim caliphates of the Ottoman and Moorish empires that they refer to were civilisations that lasted and thrived for centuries based on principles of harmony and inclusion,  that lead to a cohesive society were people from various backgrounds were able to live as relative equals and thus giving full contribution to society. Christians, Jews, Muslims & a few other groups besides all lived together peacefully. If you've ever been to Cordoba or Granada in Spain and you will be able to see the magnificence of Moorish architecture.

"But where are they now?" I hear you ask! Well the Moors gradually got more exclusive to non Muslims which ultimately lead to their demise. The Ottomans had a similar long term slide more to do with the fragmented nature of their empire but the nail in their coffin was the rise of nationalism. The British and French empires spread the notion of nationalism throughout the Middle East basically based on the principle that all people and cultures need their own fatherland in which to exist and thrive properly. It was of course nonsense as all these people had been living and thriving together for centuries. However it struck a cord and lead to the Arab Uprising in WW1 and the ultimate downfall of the Ottoman Empire.

Ironically enough for the British and French the sowing of this seed lead to the disintegration of their own empires very shortly afterwards

Lebanon is the perfect example of how nationalism doesn't work all those people in Lebanon Jews, Shias, Sunnis, Druze & Maronites lived together in relative peace and prosperity for centuries, cue nationislm and some people within each groups start to believe that Lebanon is their country and a brutal civil war breaks out where these people begin to butcher their neighbours. The idea of nationalism also lead to the notion that Jews required a homeland which lead to the them taking over what the Palestians reckoned was their homeland and the subsequent conflict there.

Also Saudi Arabia is often cited as a country where Islam is practiced in its truest form using the laws that were handed straight down from the beginning of Islam. This is utter tosh. 90years ago 90%of Saudi Arabians lived a nomadic lifestyle and their current laws of keeping women hidden and swift brutal justice has more to do with the brutal neccesity of living in such a way. To compare them to the standard of a western liberal democracy which has been a settled society refining its rules laws for thousands of years is ludicrous. 

You only have to look our own conflict to see what that it the idea of belonging to a homeland that caused conflict not religion.
The idea of nationalism is deeply ingrained in Western culture that we refuse to look at the problems it causes as we take it for granted its just the way it is.

The assault from the media to place the world's problems on religion is incorrect and fails to recognise the role that  religion plays in society. Religion gives us principles and even a way of thinking that will allow us to live fuller lives in which will allow us to grow and our neighbours to grow as individuals and as a society. Even those who say they have no religion in the West are actually living to the Principles of Christianity. When I look at people who I know who are living closest to the principles of Christianity they are the happiest and best loved people I know.

So don't roll out the fashionable "Its all religions fault" when there is conflict in the world because it just ain't the case!

southdown

I have also saw some of the videos of their cruelty online.  A savage shower of c**** is the only way to describe them. 

johnneycool

Barak was pretty coy about arming these freedom fighters in both Syria and Libya even if there was a lot of pressure from the French in particular to get rid of Gadaffi in Libya, their pet project as he'd fucked out Total (IIRC) from the Libyan oil fields.
I think they were armed via some middle eastern middle man or other, so the blame can't come directly to any of the Western powers door.

Former Colonel Tim Collins is advocating 'support' for the Sunni tribes in this area ISIS is strong in to help overthrow them along with giving the Kurds some more serious firepower, not sure the Turks will want that!!

God14

Quote from: johnneycool on August 14, 2014, 09:52:08 AM

Barak was pretty coy about arming these freedom fighters in both Syria and Libya even if there was a lot of pressure from the French in particular to get rid of Gadaffi in Libya, their pet project as he'd fucked out Total (IIRC) from the Libyan oil fields.
I think they were armed via some middle eastern middle man or other, so the blame can't come directly to any of the Western powers door.

Former Colonel Tim Collins is advocating 'support' for the Sunni tribes in this area ISIS is strong in to help overthrow them along with giving the Kurds some more serious firepower, not sure the Turks will want that!!

Collins is an interesting character, read his book a few years ago... enjoyable read.

magpie seanie

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2014, 05:20:14 AM
Despite the continued portrayal in the Western media, Muslims are not total barbarians and religion is not the root of all evil. In fact most Muslims are peace loving affable people and religion is actual the soul of civilisation and the  real reason why we are able to live together and advance society in relative harmony.

ISIS are not representative of Islam in any way and they're proclamation to reestablish a caliphate is laughable and utter nonsense. Their uncompromising radicalism is more representative of the Third Reich or the Khymer Rouge.  The Muslim caliphates of the Ottoman and Moorish empires that they refer to were civilisations that lasted and thrived for centuries based on principles of harmony and inclusion,  that lead to a cohesive society were people from various backgrounds were able to live as relative equals and thus giving full contribution to society. Christians, Jews, Muslims & a few other groups besides all lived together peacefully. If you've ever been to Cordoba or Granada in Spain and you will be able to see the magnificence of Moorish architecture.

"But where are they now?" I hear you ask! Well the Moors gradually got more exclusive to non Muslims which ultimately lead to their demise. The Ottomans had a similar long term slide more to do with the fragmented nature of their empire but the nail in their coffin was the rise of nationalism. The British and French empires spread the notion of nationalism throughout the Middle East basically based on the principle that all people and cultures need their own fatherland in which to exist and thrive properly. It was of course nonsense as all these people had been living and thriving together for centuries. However it struck a cord and lead to the Arab Uprising in WW1 and the ultimate downfall of the Ottoman Empire.

Ironically enough for the British and French the sowing of this seed lead to the disintegration of their own empires very shortly afterwards

Lebanon is the perfect example of how nationalism doesn't work all those people in Lebanon Jews, Shias, Sunnis, Druze & Maronites lived together in relative peace and prosperity for centuries, cue nationislm and some people within each groups start to believe that Lebanon is their country and a brutal civil war breaks out where these people begin to butcher their neighbours. The idea of nationalism also lead to the notion that Jews required a homeland which lead to the them taking over what the Palestians reckoned was their homeland and the subsequent conflict there.

Also Saudi Arabia is often cited as a country where Islam is practiced in its truest form using the laws that were handed straight down from the beginning of Islam. This is utter tosh. 90years ago 90%of Saudi Arabians lived a nomadic lifestyle and their current laws of keeping women hidden and swift brutal justice has more to do with the brutal neccesity of living in such a way. To compare them to the standard of a western liberal democracy which has been a settled society refining its rules laws for thousands of years is ludicrous. 

You only have to look our own conflict to see what that it the idea of belonging to a homeland that caused conflict not religion.
The idea of nationalism is deeply ingrained in Western culture that we refuse to look at the problems it causes as we take it for granted its just the way it is.

The assault from the media to place the world's problems on religion is incorrect and fails to recognise the role that  religion plays in society. Religion gives us principles and even a way of thinking that will allow us to live fuller lives in which will allow us to grow and our neighbours to grow as individuals and as a society. Even those who say they have no religion in the West are actually living to the Principles of Christianity. When I look at people who I know who are living closest to the principles of Christianity they are the happiest and best loved people I know.

So don't roll out the fashionable "Its all religions fault" when there is conflict in the world because it just ain't the case!

Excellent post but I do think religion does get hijacked by other agendas, including nationalism. Often the idea of a homeland or nation breaks down on religious lines so while religion is possibly not the initial cause it is certainly part of the equation.

johnneycool

Quote from: God14 on August 14, 2014, 10:08:31 AM

Collins is an interesting character, read his book a few years ago... enjoyable read.

He also put the rise of ISIS down to the Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki and his sectarian policies.

Keyser soze

Quote from: johnneycool on August 14, 2014, 10:17:51 AM
Quote from: God14 on August 14, 2014, 10:08:31 AM

He also put the rise of ISIS down to the Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki and his sectarian policies.

Well he comes across as being as thick as pigshit, as do most army people Ive ever seen/heard. This isn't surprising tbh as the army isnt exactly the first pick for the best and brightest, but rather the last resort for the stupid and most violent.

Why anyone would give any credence to political analysis of any army personnel, no matter how senior, is beyond me. America's disastrous foreign policy is in large part attributable to the cognizance given to the views of their military leaders. as was Britain's in Ireland for a few centuries.