Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Celtic were poor enough tonight TBH, two centre halves were not good and i can't stand that Boyata man. Wish we'd have sold him last summer after what he done, i'll never forgive him and hope his career nose dives after he leaves Celtic in May.
This has been such a problem area for us for the last few years and can't understand why it's so difficult to get 2-3 good defenders in at a club like Celtic, think we'll still win the league but stumble across the line. Wouldn't bet much for the cup TBH, Hibs will fancy their chances on Sat...my biggest fear is Lennon probably needs 3-4 weeks with them to get them used to his way of thinking and hope that's not too late
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Quote from: illdecide on February 27, 2019, 10:41:29 PM
Celtic were poor enough tonight TBH, two centre halves were not good and i can't stand that Boyata man. Wish we'd have sold him last summer after what he done, i'll never forgive him and hope his career nose dives after he leaves Celtic in May.
This has been such a problem area for us for the last few years and can't understand why it's so difficult to get 2-3 good defenders in at a club like Celtic, think we'll still win the league but stumble across the line. Wouldn't bet much for the cup TBH, Hibs will fancy their chances on Sat...my biggest fear is Lennon probably needs 3-4 weeks with them to get them used to his way of thinking and hope that's not too late

Would be criminal if Celtic lost the league with an 8 point lead and better goal difference
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lynchbhoy

Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2019, 10:09:43 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on February 27, 2019, 10:03:15 PM
Quote from: screenexile on February 27, 2019, 09:56:40 PM
Good to see a wee club get a result after a tough week... fair play!

Anti Utd & Celtic this man..... :o

I'm actually not anti Celtic I like to see them do well. The craziness of some supporters and this "oh but we're more than just a club" thing gets on my wick a bit because Celtic are the same as every other club a business and a brand.
Are you wumming?

You've clearly not experienced it...

It's different.. from the very foundation of the club until modern day.
It almost cost the club and nearly went bankrupt because of it in 90's.

It's closer to a GAA club team/parish than a soulless epl team.

lynchbhoy

Very nervy performance... but understandable.

Banner is hard hitting but not too far wrong

It's not the first time on here that Rodgers professionalism has been questioned due to his adulterous liaisons.
Doesn't bother me... I'm not going to judge anyone.
If it's true that Rodgers elected to go now rather than wait then his legacy is completely tarnished.

He will be forgotten in a couple of months time along with a few other managers who didn't hit the right note

Orior

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 27, 2019, 10:25:52 PM

Years ago did Celtic lure MON from Leicester? Sounds like quid pro quo to me.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ned

Lots of posters spectacularly missing the point. It was the manner of BR leaving and his (in hindsight for some of us) platitudes while he was here that made this more than just a manager leaving.

nrico2006

I'm actually not anti Celtic I like to see them do well. The craziness of some supporters and this "oh but we're more than just a club" thing gets on my wick a bit because Celtic are the same as every other club a business and a brand.

Well said, most of the stuff I see Celtic fans posting makes me cringe, the past few days have taken it to a new level.  Leicester is a step up from Celtic, simple as that.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Hound

Quote from: ned on February 28, 2019, 08:10:59 AM
Lots of posters spectacularly missing the point. It was the manner of BR leaving and his (in hindsight for some of us) platitudes while he was here that made this more than just a manager leaving.
It is definitely odd moving mid season and it will be interesting to see if BR delivers a detailed statement with his reasons for the move and the timing.

Not sure I believe the bit about Leicester being happy to wait until the summer.

I'd say it's simply his doubling or trebling his money, with the aura of the Premier League. Mid table mediocrity in the premier league is simply higher profile and better paid. If any Celtic player was offered to double his money by joining Leicester in January, there's not many who'd have said No!

trailer

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 28, 2019, 08:19:46 AM

Well said, most of the stuff I see Celtic fans posting makes me cringe, the past few days have taken it to a new level.  Leicester is a step up from Celtic, simple as that.

+1

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Orior on February 28, 2019, 07:54:03 AM

No
He (MON)  waited for his contract to run out before
Leaving.

It's not quid pro anything

It's purely for the few quid 

Sorry... but good try...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 28, 2019, 08:19:46 AM

Interesting to see that opinion...
Is it a man Utd attitude?
Being beaten by Celtic a few times years ago obv still rankles ...

Celtic fc def fosters a gaa type club/parish community ethos more than such English asbo hooligan supported sides... so no wonder the envy from the English team fans!
;)

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on February 28, 2019, 07:54:03 AM

Yeah that's the whole point Orior...you can say leaving a club like Leicester for a club like Celtic is a no brainer but that in reverse is just silly and is all about money and nothing else. The banner say's it all.
BTW it's the player/managers choice, they don't have to do it
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

MON traded mediocrity for a shot at immortality

screenexile

Quote from: Main Street on February 28, 2019, 09:48:38 AM
MON traded mediocrity for a shot at immortality

A lot has changed since then though!!

Main Street

Quote from: HiMucker on February 27, 2019, 10:49:28 AM
Quote from: Main Street on February 27, 2019, 12:55:44 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on February 26, 2019, 10:37:14 PM
This talk of Celtics poor Euro form. What do people expect like? There's not a hope in hell Celtic could compete with the major teams from Spain Italy, England Germany etc.

The fact is, Scottish football is a minnow league in Europe and the tv money they get is minuscule, and their teams will just not be good enough when up against the super powers
Yabba yabba  yabba, Who is expecting Celtic to pump league winners from the top leagues in Europe?
Quit with the hysterical nonsense.
Celtic did well in europe with Lennon and with a bit more support from the board that level of "success" could have been maintained. It's not out of the equation that a club like Celtic can achieve what a club like Ajax or Benfica do manage on a more regular basis. Champions league group stages is a goal, not a right.
No they cant. They may do it the odd time but they cant match them financially to do it consistently. I used to go over to Celtic matches. Still support them, but I look at football now as just entertainment, the money has completely ruined any semblance of a level playing field. Last year Celtic didnt even feature in the Worlds top 100 richest clubs. Benfica were 66th and Ajax were 36th. QPR were 82nd. Puts it in perspective. Leicester were 19th. The timing might leave a bad taste in the mouth, but I feel a lot of it is down to hurt egos in the realization of where Celtic are at in the football hierarchy. Some supporters just don't want to admit that.
Benfica is the most debt ridden club in the world after Man U  and your fabled QPR had £300m debt in 2017.
The Deloitte chart is the standard reference for measuring club revenue, however their figures  do not reflect the purchasing capacity.
Celtic can compete quite well on salary and has stepping stone viability for an ambitious player to bide his time and showcase.
Benfica, most every year, are ahead of Ajax in the revenue list with both hovering around the top 30,  both those teams are in football leagues which don't have the big tv money, traditionally Benfica earn their millions via transfers every year but in recent years Ajax have also made killings on transfers.
Celtic have a similar CL record as Ajax over the past 20 years and it has been teams of the calibre of Benfica and Ajax that Celtic have to overcome in the CL group stages to move on to last 16 or finish 3rd and  history tells that Celtic have had the edge on both those teams in competition. Obviously Benfica have done much better than both overall.
The rankings that matter are the Uefa club rankings and going into the 2018/19 season  Benfica were 15th  Ajax 31th and  Celtic 47th
It's not out of the question for Celtic to move up that table  and qualify for the CL group stages more regularly via the easier champions route as a seeded team in the play off and look to compete favourably  with the 3rd seeded teams and on occasion the 2nd seeded team in the CL group stage.