China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smurfy123

I would question whether teachers want to go back. Sitting at home on full wages why would they want to go back? Don't come with that crap to me. We are all adults here
Schools will be fine. We are talking about 2/3 classes max. So 30% of what the school can hold
The south of Ireland have this virus slowed and crushed. Crushed

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 06:11:15 PM
I would question whether teachers want to go back. Sitting at home on full wages why would they want to go back? Don't come with that crap to me. We are all adults here
Schools will be fine. We are talking about 2/3 classes max. So 30% of what the school can hold
The south of Ireland have this virus slowed and crushed. Crushed

I'm sitting at home with a decent wage, I still want back, generalising wont make your argument work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Well what's the problem then?
Why the arguments about getting back

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 06:17:51 PM

There are none, its very simple, if you are in a class of 15 or 30 kids is it safe? you haven't answered, can kids pass it on to adults? its a yes or no answer.

If its yes then how can we make it safe for teachers or give them confidence of going back into a workplace that traditionally the first outbreak of a virus, like the flu/cold/bugs (I'm not saying they are the same) lots of kids get it including teachers

I know plenty teachers, lots of them are friends/family or I've two as next door neighbours that teach, they want back to work.

BTW, I'm not concerned about the wee blighters, its the teachers who bring it back to family that I'm concerned about, if the wife gets it that's a bonus  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: hardstation on May 18, 2020, 06:30:55 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 06:17:51 PM
Who knows? Perhaps they are worried that they would be much more exposed to a deadly disease? The weirdos.

It's been crushed though. Crushed. Oh that's just down south. they should hurry up and open everything back up then.

Smurfy123

I would say yes it's safe to teach very safe
I can't say 100% but no matter what you do in life you can't be 100%
As I said I could walk out the front door and be kidnapped by an alien and shot
Is it safe yes can I be 100% sure no

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 06:44:01 PM

Answered like a true politician. Its a yes or no answer, I'll try it one more time, after that I'm not taking you serious anymore ;D ;D

Can kids pass on the virus?

trailer

There's more risk in not sending children back to school with neglect, abuse and poverty. Referrals to social services is well down.

charlieTully

Quote from: Smurfy123 on May 18, 2020, 06:44:01 PM

That county final defeat has really messed with your head smurph. You need to get back to work lad you have lost the plot. Almost funny it it were not so serious.

Orior

This thread is now at 355 pages, and the earths population 7.8 billion. If the population continues to grow it will become unsustainable. There are two options to tackle this issue:

1) Take the Chinese Way, and only allow couples to have one child. This policy will of course need updated for Twinbook and Ballymun where coupling is just a seasonal thing.

2) Take the Chinese Virus, and let God's revenge do it's thing.

3) Find another planet, and build a big rocket to take us there.

I personally vote for (1).
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

Quote from: Orior on May 18, 2020, 07:16:30 PM
This thread is now at 355 pages, and the earths population 7.8 billion. If the population continues to grow it will become unsustainable. There are two options to tackle this issue:

1) Take the Chinese Way, and only allow couples to have one child. This policy will of course need updated for Twinbook and Ballymun where coupling is just a seasonal thing.

Reclaim the seas Orior. Reclaim the seas.

armaghniac

I favour the approach of the  Golgafrincham ark from The Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy. In this case, a  plan was drawn up to evacuate the planet  Golgafrincham. Three arks were proposed and one was launched filled with all the middlemen of Golgafrincham, such as the telephone sanitisers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives, and management consultants.
The doctors, engineers, scientists, teachers etc were supposed to go on two other arks, but they never got around to launching those, for some reason.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 18, 2020, 07:49:26 PM

I favour the approach of the  Golgafrincham ark from The Hitchhikers Guide to Galaxy. In this case, a  plan was drawn up to evacuate the planet  Golgafrincham. Three arks were proposed and one was launched filled with all the middlemen of Golgafrincham, such as the telephone sanitisers, account executives, hairdressers, tired TV producers, insurance salesmen, personnel officers, security guards, public relations executives, and management consultants.
The doctors, engineers, scientists, teachers etc were supposed to go on two other arks, but they never got around to launching those, for some reason.

Thanos had the solution

Jell 0 Biafra

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/17/health/coronavirus-multisystem-fnflammatory-syndrome-children-teenagers.html

A related virus affects kids. 200 as of this article from Saturday's NYT.   Small numbers, but very worrying.

trailer

Quote from: hardstation on May 18, 2020, 07:16:02 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 18, 2020, 06:58:31 PM
There's more risk in not sending children back to school with neglect, abuse and poverty. Referrals to social services is well down.
Do you think that about 20 days in school (or less) before another 2 months off is going to have a significant impact on that?

I honestly do believe it will. Early intervention in these situations is key. This is a trying time for families and some children are at risk. More at risk than dying from Covid-19