Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2018, 10:57:14 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 05, 2018, 10:50:00 PM
Derby almost fluked a draw fair play for that? United tonight had 28 shots on goal, 10 on target and hit the post twice. Rashford especially must be still wondering how he didn't score at least one goal. Goals came late but would have been daft if United didn't win that game.

Derby played well, they worked very hard and were heading for a draw, Utd still not able to put away their chances which is worrying.. some team is due a drubbing if Utd click but they have to improve their on their shot goal ratio

Camped in their own half for most of the game and hoping their opponents don't score isn't playing well. Bristol City lower than Derby in Championship table at least had a go v United and were rewarded with a win

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 05, 2018, 11:30:23 PM
Derby almost fluked a draw fair play for that? United tonight had 28 shots on goal, 10 on target and hit the post twice. Rashford especially must be still wondering how he didn't score at least one goal. Goals came late but would have been daft if United didn't win that game.

Derby played well, they worked very hard and were heading for a draw, Utd still not able to put away their chances which is worrying.. some team is due a drubbing if Utd click but they have to improve their on their shot goal ratio

Camped in their own half for most of the game and hoping their opponents don't score isn't playing well. Bristol City lower than Derby in Championship table at least had a go v United and were rewarded with a win

You have to break these teams down, if they set their stall out like that then it's up to Utd to break them down, 84th min it took and 28 shots on goal is a poor return don't you think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Have really warmed to Lingard this season where previously I wasn't convinced that he was anything more than a squad player. This was another game which looked like petering out into a draw until he broke the deadlock with another good goal. He has now become a really important player for the club with a great attitude.

As for Mourinho and Conte firing off verbal insults, it's childish and embarrassing, like 14 year old schoolboys down the back of the bus calling each other names.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 05, 2018, 11:42:33 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on January 05, 2018, 11:30:23 PM

You have to break these teams down, if they set their stall out like that then it's up to Utd to break them down, 84th min it took and 28 shots on goal is a poor return don't you think?

They were broken down often and as i said already they almost fluked a draw. Playing well IMO is not giving loads of time and room on the ball to your opponents to create as many chances as United did last night.

Milltown Row2

It's the set pieces utd gave away in games against lesser opposition that end up conceding goals..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2018, 08:28:55 AM
It's the set pieces utd gave away in games against lesser opposition that end up conceding goals..
Manchester Uniteds main problem with set pieces this season has been individual errors by offensive players such as Romelu Lukaku in the Manchester Derby and Bristol City very much a lesser opposition scored two well worked goals from open play against United.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 06, 2018, 10:10:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2018, 08:28:55 AM
Manchester Uniteds main problem with set pieces this season has been individual errors by offensive players such as Romelu Lukaku in the Manchester Derby and Bristol City very much a lesser opposition scored two well worked goals from open play against United.

They did indeed but on set pieces have been the Achilles heel all season.  Michael Keane or Johnny Evans would fix that problem.

Maroon Manc

Lingard keeps surprising everyone, starting too look like a United player the last 6 weeks, think he has 7 goals during that time and most of them have been stunning goals.

It doesn't look like United will sign a left back this month so Shaw will have until the end of the season to prove his worth. I can't say I'm too confident United will bring in anyone this month unfortunately.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 08, 2018, 10:37:57 AM
Lingard keeps surprising everyone, starting too look like a United player the last 6 weeks, think he has 7 goals during that time and most of them have been stunning goals.

It doesn't look like United will sign a left back this month so Shaw will have until the end of the season to prove his worth. I can't say I'm too confident United will bring in anyone this month unfortunately.

I would say the club would be more than happy to sit this window out and go big again in the summer.
No panic to buy essentially, City are running away with the league and should have the squad to nail on top 4 comfortably.

Time to plan the strategy for the summer properly, again probably with more outgoing than coming in.

stew

Shaw is doing a fine job at the minute, i just doubt he will stay healthy.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

TabClear

I really like Lingaard. A really clean striker of the ball and has the knack of hitting the corners of the goal when he shoots.  Nailing down a World Cup spot at the minute.

magpie seanie

Always liked Lingard. Hopefully he can maintain this form. He has an awful lot of big goals in his young career. Kudos to LVG for giving him his chance when no one else thought he was going to make it.

I'm laying off the Mourinho comments (trying to anyway). I don't want to annoy people (Boycey for example) so I'll stop.....I think my position is fairly clear.

Yeovil away in the FA Cup.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 08, 2018, 07:40:51 PM
Always liked Lingard. Hopefully he can maintain this form. He has an awful lot of big goals in his young career. Kudos to LVG for giving him his chance when no one else thought he was going to make it.

I'm laying off the Mourinho comments (trying to anyway). I don't want to annoy people (Boycey for example) so I'll stop.....I think my position is fairly clear.

Pile on that kn**ker Seanie, he is unfit to manage United, Bobby Charlton was right all along, no new contract for that w**ker, show him the door, he is way past his sell by date and is the most miserable multi millionaire I have ever encountered!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: stew on January 09, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

Pile on that kn**ker Seanie, he is unfit to manage United, Bobby Charlton was right all along, no new contract for that w**ker, show him the door, he is way past his sell by date and is the most miserable multi millionaire I have ever encountered!

Quite ironic you mention Bobby Charlton, he's certainly more miserable than Mourinho.

Mourinho is some way off equaling some of Fergie's antics.

There's plenty of reds out there who remain disappointed by Fergie and his refusal to say a bad word against our owners. Could have walked away from the club and told the truth but his greed gets the better of him and has stayed on earning millions in his ambassador role.

stew

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 10, 2018, 11:05:48 AM
Quote from: stew on January 09, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

Quite ironic you mention Bobby Charlton, he's certainly more miserable than Mourinho.

He is a top three United player of all time and he was in the Munich Air Disaster were he lost a lot of his best friends, I can understand his demeanor to a point.

Mourinho is some way off equaling some of Fergie's antics.

Ferguson is the best there ever was at what he does, Mourinho is nowhere near that class.

There's plenty of reds out there who remain disappointed by Fergie and his refusal to say a bad word against our owners. Could have walked away from the club and told the truth but his greed gets the better of him and has stayed on earning millions in his ambassador role.

Who are you to say what Ferguson should have done, he knows these people! You know, the people who have pumped hundreds and hundreds of millions into MUFC and in the Mourinho era they have come nowhere winning the league, won a Europa cup and league cump for their effrts. How much  of their money is enough to satisfy United fans? If it is the debt they have added, that is negated by the fact they are worth a couple of billion more now if they were to sell today than when they took over, the debt has been pared somewhat and still you bitch about the big bad Glazers.