Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Any Fermanagh poster in attendance to explain how it went so wrong for them today? Result Louth 6-17 Fermanagh 0-11.   

Also FT Meath 1-11 Cork 1-15
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SouthOfThe Bann

Great win for Cork up in Navan.

They very easily could have been promoted only for their slow start. Bound to be frustrating for the Cork football fans

Armagh18

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on March 16, 2024, 03:46:43 PMGreat win for Cork up in Navan.

They very easily could have been promoted only for their slow start. Bound to be frustrating for the Cork football fans
Donegal, Cavan and ourselves would have something to say about that.

Meath are awful from what I've seen of them. Having said that I'm hoping all goes to plan today because I don't want to be going to Cork needing points next week. All being well we can rest our big men and send the squad players down the road. 

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 16, 2024, 03:53:30 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on March 16, 2024, 03:46:43 PMGreat win for Cork up in Navan.

Donegal, Cavan and ourselves would have something to say about that.

Meath are awful from what I've seen of them. Having said that I'm hoping all goes to plan today because I don't want to be going to Cork needing points next week. All being well we can rest our big men and send the squad players down the road. 

Can't see you losing today; but you never know.

Cork Armagh be a cracker down in the park;

yellowcard

Meath are one of those teams that you don't know what you're going to get from one game to the next. Cork after a very poor start have now won their last 3 matches and have turned it around at the right time. Is that them guaranteed to be in the Sam Maguire cup now?

Itchy

Padraig Faulkner not warming up for Cavan which tips the tie even more in Armaghs favour

Dreadnought

Quote from: Itchy on March 16, 2024, 04:33:39 PMPadraig Faulkner not warming up for Cavan which tips the tie even more in Armaghs favour
McVeety replaces him. Kiernan in for McLoughlin, Ryan Donohoe for Gerry Smith too. Cormac O'Reilly takes the 12 jersey

SouthOfThe Bann

Quote from: yellowcard on March 16, 2024, 04:20:04 PMMeath are one of those teams that you don't know what you're going to get from one game to the next. Cork after a very poor start have now won their last 3 matches and have turned it around at the right time. Is that them guaranteed to be in the Sam Maguire cup now?

Can't ever be guaranteed to be in Sam whilst your in Division 2 as there's so many variables with the provincials.

But I reckon to be 90% sure you'll need to top 4 in Division 2.

Top 5 once Meath finish above you as they are guaranteed Sam Maguire Football regardless of their league position.

Duine Inteacht Eile

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 16, 2024, 03:34:31 PMAny Fermanagh poster in attendance to explain how it went so wrong for them today? Result Louth 6-17 Fermanagh 0-11.   
I wonder will Fermanagh get the same abuse as Antrim U20s did for a similar scoreline.

Wildweasel74

35-11, G some scoreline.

FermGael

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 16, 2024, 03:34:31 PMAny Fermanagh poster in attendance to explain how it went so wrong for them today? Result Louth 6-17 Fermanagh 0-11. 

Also FT Meath 1-11 Cork 1-15

The worst Fermanagh display I have ever witnessed.

Have no idea what to say.
All Louth had to do was wait for Fermanagh to cough the ball up when we were attacking and then they just cut through us.
We had no defensive set up at all.
Niave isn't the word
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Captain Obvious

Half time all too easy for Armagh and 2-12 to 0-4 in front. Cavan can't be as bad in the 2nd half?

SouthOfThe Bann

Cavan getting a bit of a humbling in Armagh.

Will need to step it up second half or this will fairly dent their confidence for year ahead

Itchy

Joke shop stuff from Cavan. These terrible 1st halves are a pattern at this stage but now when they face a decent team they get a thrashing.

bennydorano

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 16, 2024, 05:22:50 PM
I wonder will Fermanagh get the same abuse as Antrim U20s did for a similar scoreline.
Or Cavan