Fabio Capello resigns as England manager

Started by Captain Obvious, February 08, 2012, 07:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Always the same with the Englanders and you would imagine the media and players have had a hand in this. When Capello arrived Fleet Street acclaimed him as the strict drill sergeant that these pampered prima donnas needed, couple of bad results and a few leaks to the red tops and lo and behold he was too strict ! The hoors will never learn, its never the players fault.

I fully expect to see 'Arry on the front of the S*n tomorrow with some sort of Dambusters or Dunkirk slant and a photo shopped British Bulldog at his side telling him his time had come to "bring football home".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

From the Bunker

Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2012, 09:23:13 PM
You would have to say it though that the English appetite for self-destruction at sports international level is truly astounding. I mean look at their rugby team as another example. Who was the last English soccer manager who left on favourable grounds with the FA and the media? Only the French possess the same ability to sabotage their own chances by repetitive revolts and disagreements.

The French self destructed in the last world cup, but you have to remember that the other tournaments were fairly successful.

A proud nation like England, who have made no impact on the international stage since '66 must hurt the auld enemy. it can't be easy, having such structures in their country and they cannot produce 11 top class players.

Like ourselves (Rep of Ireland) there is often an unreal expectation. The tabloid media telling the lap dog community who they should pick, drop etc.

Gus Hiddink is the man for ths job. Knows international football. And would more than likely do a short term stint (such as a tournament only).

ross4life

Apart from the silly money he was given to manage England i don't know why Capello went into international management when he still had so much to offer at club level.

Inter are crying out for another good manager maybe he'll return to Milan for next season. As for England sure they might as well appoint Gazza.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gawa316

Thank god Northern Ireland got Michael O'Neill signed up before the english came a sniffing

leaveherinsir

The Big_Sam on Twitter  "Just spent the last two hours on the phone to the FA. I can confirm, however, that nothing has been agreed. It could have been very different, though, if the c***ts let me speak to someone other than Wendy the f**king cleaner"

:D :D

The media frenzy is going to be the usual laugh a minute stuff now.  You have to feel sorry for them really!

imtommygunn

You couldn't make it up - harry cleared and fabio resigns on one day.

To me the harry case and the terry case stink.

In the first place why is Terry's case taking so long? Even John Motson more or less said on football focus saturday that it was wrong the case was being put back. Is it really just being put back until after the euros?? Had it been done and dusted there's every chance this wouldn't have happened.

In all seriousness - how did harry redknapp get off?? Bank account in dogs name and then he gets off with everything??

Whole thing stinks to high heaven. From the outside looking in looks like football is bigger than the law.

Minder

With Harry's CV he would be the most impressive candidate, what is it he has on it, an FA Cup win ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Bingo

I suspect that Banty will be on back of the Star tomorrow ruling himself out of the job.

All this talk about it having to an English man next, have they forgotten they demanded the same when McLaren was appointed.

AFS

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 08, 2012, 09:44:27 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2012, 09:23:13 PM
You would have to say it though that the English appetite for self-destruction at sports international level is truly astounding. I mean look at their rugby team as another example. Who was the last English soccer manager who left on favourable grounds with the FA and the media? Only the French possess the same ability to sabotage their own chances by repetitive revolts and disagreements.

The French self destructed in the last world cup, but you have to remember that the other tournaments were fairly successful.

A proud nation like England, who have made no impact on the international stage since '66 must hurt the auld enemy. it can't be easy, having such structures in their country and they cannot produce 11 top class players.

Like ourselves (Rep of Ireland) there is often an unreal expectation. The tabloid media telling the lap dog community who they should pick, drop etc.

Gus Hiddink is the man for ths job. Knows international football. And would more than likely do a short term stint (such as a tournament only).

How true is that? They've been competitive enough to reach the last eight, and occasionally the last four, of major tournaments on numerous occasions over the last 45 years. Their overall record probably puts them around 8-10 in the world, which is about right for a football playing country of England's size.

trileacman

Right enough, forget about the football shite, an off-shore bank account in his dog's name containing an undeclared £300,000 (or whatever the sum was) and he gets off scot-free. Would the rest of us been treated so lightly?

I'd Sean Quinn must be f**king ecstatic.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2012, 11:29:29 PM
Right enough, forget about the football shite, an off-shore bank account in his dog's name containing an undeclared £300,000 (or whatever the sum was) and he gets off scot-free. Would the rest of us been treated so lightly?

Do the rest of us have £189,000 lying about?? The basis of the case from the prosecution was a shouting match of a phone call between Harry and a journo. Once the credibility of that was shot down the fact that both Harry and Mandaric have paid tens of Millions in tax between them why would they bother not paying tax of £90/100k (I think, it may be less than this?). Oh and the Revenue paid something in the region of £8m of taxpayers money on the case!!!!

trileacman

Quote from: screenexile on February 08, 2012, 11:46:30 PM
Quote from: trileacman on February 08, 2012, 11:29:29 PM

Do the rest of us have £189,000 lying about?? The basis of the case from the prosecution was a shouting match of a phone call between Harry and a journo. Once the credibility of that was shot down the fact that both Harry and Mandaric have paid tens of Millions in tax between them why would they bother not paying tax of £90/100k (I think, it may be less than this?). Oh and the Revenue paid something in the region of £8m of taxpayers money on the case!!!!

So Arry had a oversea's bank account in the name of his dog for the sheer hell of it and it had nothing to do with tax evasion or possibly bungs? Pull the other one.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Do I think Harry is as bent as a 7 bob note? Yes! But I think the authorities got it wrong on this occasion though they needed a stronger case and more evidence!