The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Wigan worked their bollocks off in the middle third and might even have nicked a goal in the second half.  Draw fair result. Kuyt is rubbish. 

Captain Obvious

Adam is usually a good penalty taker although that was poor attempt tonight. Two home games next against teams in poor form anything other than six points will be disastrous.

boosabum

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 21, 2011, 09:56:26 PM
So. Do you remember the s***e spouted about Lampard 'stealing the glory' last week with the penalty he scored against City last week.

Did anyone notice Suarez appearing to beg Adam to take the penalty tonight? Did he heap too much pressure on Adam by seeking the glory tonight?

Just asking like.
Liverpool have missed something like 4 out of 5 penalties so far, hopefully they will sign lampard in the jan window. He can't be any worse than downing out on the wing

Bingo

Downing, Adam and kuyt very poor I thought, no spark or energy. Movement very square and ordinary.

Suarez totally isolated, regardless of what people say I think we need to see him and Carroll up front for a few games, particularly at home. Plus hopefully Gerard and spearing back to add some energy to a tired looking midfield.

Defence solid again. We badly need a striker.

Norf Tyrone

Jamie Redknapp said tonight that Gerard back on boxing day.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ludermor

Quote from: dec on December 21, 2011, 09:56:36 PM
They can raise their game against the big teams but they just don't seem able beat the lower half of the table teams that they should be getting 6 points against each season.
And what about liverpool??

EC Unique

17 games into the season and the two bottom clubs (Bolton and Blackburn) have both scored more than Liverpool. :o

Serious stat.

In contrast though no other club has conceded as few.

GalwayBayBoy

The lack of goals is probably not too difficult to figure out. Practically no Gerrard all season so far. Usually he's good for a good amount of goals and assists. Kuyt who is usually good for a decent amount of goals and assists has zero of either. Same with Downing. A good handful of goals and assists for Villa last season. Still none so far with Liverpool. And that's before we even mention Carroll who does have a couple of goals but not the amount you'd want from him.

Downing in a some ways has been worse than Carroll. He's had loads of gametime but has done absolutely feck all so far.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 21, 2011, 11:11:40 PM
The lack of goals is probably not too difficult to figure out. Practically no Gerrard all season so far. Usually he's good for a good amount of goals and assists. Kuyt who is usually good for a decent amount of goals and assists has zero of either. Same with Downing. A good handful of goals and assists for Villa last season. Still none so far with Liverpool. And that's before we even mention Carroll who does have a couple of goals but not the amount you'd want from him.

Downing in a some ways has been worse than Carroll. He's had loads of gametime but has done absolutely feck all so far.
Wats the solution  to the goal problem?who is out there that you could get in a start converting a few of those chances? Hard to think of anyone without having to pay a fortune (again)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 21, 2011, 09:56:26 PM
So. Do you remember the s***e spouted about Lampard 'stealing the glory' last week with the penalty he scored against City last week.

Did anyone notice Suarez appearing to beg Adam to take the penalty tonight? Did he heap too much pressure on Adam by seeking the glory tonight?

Just asking like.

Didn't see any spouted on here - no. Why do you ask?

Just asking like.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: EC Unique on December 21, 2011, 11:00:18 PM
17 games into the season and the two bottom clubs (Bolton and Blackburn) have both scored more than Liverpool. :o

Serious stat.

In contrast though no other club has conceded as few.

I'd prefer our position - thanks.

Goats Do Shave

Have Liverpool many black players in their squad?

I'm struggling to think of any other than Glen Johnson...

Babel, Ngog, El Zhar, Amoo all shipped out by kkKenny

Glen may contact his agent...

Minder

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on December 22, 2011, 08:22:54 AM
Have Liverpool many black players in their squad?

I'm struggling to think of any other than Glen Johnson...

Babel, Ngog, El Zhar, Amoo all shipped out by kkKenny

Glen may contact his agent...

I know you are on the wind up, but do you see any common factor in those players? They were all shite. Amoo is still with the club.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Rouge_Diablo

Dalglish has only signed one black first team player in his whole.managerial.career apparently - John Barnes