26 County General Election 2020

Started by Snapchap, January 09, 2020, 06:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will be makeup of the next government?

FF/SD/Lab/Green
FG/SD/Lab/Green
FG/FF
FF/Green
FG/Independents
FG/Independents
FG/Green
FF/SF
FF/Green/Independents
FF Minority
FG Minority
FG/SF
FF/Lab/Green
FF/Lab
FF/Lab/Green/Independents

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on February 09, 2020, 01:52:34 PM

For many 3 seaters in Connacht/Ulster , 2 FF 1 FG was as natural as eating spuds with meat.

People expect SF to.deliver but the ECB is in charge.

ECB in charge suggests a malign entity somewhere.
It is simply a question that things have to paid for.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2020, 01:21:04 PM
Quote from: Itchy on February 09, 2020, 01:08:14 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 09, 2020, 01:03:40 PM
Quote from: trailer on February 09, 2020, 12:36:29 PM
I want to see SF deliver now of the back of this vote.
They'll deliver something but it'll be a parcel of shite.

As opposed to what? FF or FG delivering a utopian society.
I can only judge them on their performance up here which has been a total carve-up between them and the DUP.

I feel like it's the episode of Simpson's we're they elect Homer as sanitation commissioner

Sportacus

Yer woman on tv saying Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil are like two bald men left arguing over a comb.  Was a good one.

Itchy

Fine Gaels Ministers Eoghan Murphy and Michael Ring making asses of themselves in RTE. Michael disrespecting the Mayo people by claiming they dont know what they want and Eoghan saying  no way FG will talk to biggest % party in country - no wonder they hid him away from cameras for the entire pre election period.

Cavan19

Centre is full of thugs here in Cavan getting a bit rowdy a lot of them seem to have alot of drink taken.

Itchy

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 09, 2020, 05:58:07 PM
Centre is full of thugs here in Cavan getting a bit rowdy a lot of them seem to have alot of drink taken.

Fairly amateur attempt that

GJL

Quote from: Cavan19 on February 09, 2020, 05:58:07 PM

Oh dear. Not taking it well at all.  ;D

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on February 09, 2020, 03:17:31 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 09, 2020, 01:52:34 PM

For many 3 seaters in Connacht/Ulster , 2 FF 1 FG was as natural as eating spuds with meat.

People expect SF to.deliver but the ECB is in charge.

ECB in charge suggests a malign entity somewhere.
It is simply a question that things have to paid for.

The ECB is neoliberal. That means plutocracy.
Whether or not the people want it is a political issue.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rudi

Sinn Fein doing that well, they will regret not running more candidates in a lot of constituencies.

yellowcard

It's time for change and the people have spoken. FG and FF have proven themselves to be very out of touch with ordinary working people and more particularly with the younger generation. Compatability wise the obvious coalition would be FF/FG but I think it will be very difficult for both FG and FF to ignore the SF mandate and Micheal Martin already appears to be laying the ground for a massive U turn. I think it will be very difficult to form a government since SF will now expect to be equal partners. Interesting times ahead. 

BennyCake

It's obvious now why the Conor Murphy thing was brought up.

Rossfan

Anyone, Parties included , have a stab at what we want to change to?
SF have a big decision to make.
Would their instinct  be to avoid Government and let the other 2 come to some arrangement so that SF could be the sole/real opposition?.
If they go into Government they'll have to deal with the real world not pie in the sky. That will cost them most of their new voters who will turn on them when they dont get their pies from the Sky.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

trailer

Quote from: BennyCake on February 09, 2020, 07:18:10 PM
It's obvious now why the Conor Murphy thing was brought up.

Because a man was murdered and he slurred his name?

macdanger2

Quote from: yellowcard on February 09, 2020, 07:15:31 PM
It's time for change and the people have spoken. FG and FF have proven themselves to be very out of touch with ordinary working people and more particularly with the younger generation. Compatability wise the obvious coalition would be FF/FG but I think it will be very difficult for both FG and FF to ignore the SF mandate and Micheal Martin already appears to be laying the ground for a massive U turn. I think it will be very difficult to form a government since SF will now expect to be equal partners. Interesting times ahead.

I'd say SF don't want to go into govtl since it'd inevitably involve compromise and losing votes. On the other hand, they don't want to be seen to not want to go into govt.

FF & FG on the other hand sure as hell don't want another election

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on January 21, 2020, 10:24:35 AM
I wonder where those opinion polls were carried out.
Doubtful if Shinners would get 5% here or in most Western or Midland constituencies.

Congratulations on your new SF TD topping the poll. And your brilliant predictive powers.