Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 02, 2020, 09:06:13 PM
I can see there being a lot of rows over this if its true, take us for example, we have lads currently playing hurling with, abbeyleix, ballypickas, clonad clough/ballacolla, colt/shanahoe and park/ratheniska/timahoe. How do you decide if it's the hurling club or football club as the home club? Imagine trying to explain to the other 5 clubs that lads that have played for them have to go to abbeyleix. Easier solution is to alternate between a hurling only week and football only week for both league and championship

Ballyroan Abbey is the home club in this instance

The home club then decides which is the preferred hurling club for all your lads that are hurling.

How ye decide that is up to yourselves,Parents vote,Players vote,Juvenile committee decides etc etc

Then the players are directed to that one hurling club.

The isolated player situation in laois especially at juvenile level is a mess,it doesn't go on in any other neighboring county.

This directive was sent out from croke park in 2018,was ignored but it's getting to the point that HQ is demanding it be started to be resolved.

BallyroanAbu

No not the Juvenile committee, the Executive is responsible for what club they go to,  subject to the Club's wishes but also the Child Safety Protocol,  as they are ultimately responsible should issues arise.  Not entirely sure every Executive Committee is aware of this.   My reading is it's Child Welfare issue and they tightening it up. 

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on February 02, 2020, 09:42:54 PM
No not the Juvenile committee, the Executive is responsible for what club they go to,  subject to the Club's wishes but also the Child Safety Protocol,  as they are ultimately responsible should issues arise.  Not entirely sure every Executive Committee is aware of this.   My reading is it's Child Welfare issue and they tightening it up.

Your right

The executive ultimately decides where they go to,how they arrive at that decision is up to each club