Presentation of Results

Started by theticklemister, August 22, 2017, 09:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

I've gathered information on a particular matter ( which I like to keep quiet until I'm Ready to release it) about GAA players and I want to present as a set of results.

I am just wondering the best way to represent these?

I have the usual things in mind:

- Key findings (Conclusion)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Breakdown of Results
- Different ways to represent the results ( bar graph , pie charts) ANY OTHER IDEAS ???
- Why I undertook this mini 'questionnaire'
- Sepeartion of Men/Ladies
- why the results are accurate
- who helped me in gathering results

I believe this topic could be first of its kind (I could well be wrong).

Anybody any information on how best I could do this?

Thanks

omagh_gael

If you're presenting to an audience I'd recommend www.prezi.com, I use it when delivering training at work. I find it a much better presentation vehicle compared with powerpoint. Takes a while to work out but once you get the hang of it it really does flow well.

theticklemister

good man. I have heard of that before actually.

But my main focus would be on Facebook and twitter.

The Gs Man

Inforgraphics!

The only way to go, particularly on social media.

People don't seem to have the time for anything else these days!
Keep 'er lit

OgraAnDun

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 22, 2017, 10:00:32 AM
If you're presenting to an audience I'd recommend www.prezi.com, I use it when delivering training at work. I find it a much better presentation vehicle compared with powerpoint. Takes a while to work out but once you get the hang of it it really does flow well.

Prezi definitely looks better but in my experience it almost always causes problems. As one university lecturer told me, there's a reason they still stick with PowerPoint over Prezi.

Orior

Quote from: theticklemister on August 22, 2017, 09:40:53 AM
I've gathered information on a particular matter ( which I like to keep quiet until I'm Ready to release it) about GAA players and I want to present as a set of results.

I am just wondering the best way to represent these?

I have the usual things in mind:

- Key findings (Conclusion)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Breakdown of Results
- Different ways to represent the results ( bar graph , pie charts) ANY OTHER IDEAS ???
- Why I undertook this mini 'questionnaire'
- Sepeartion of Men/Ladies
- why the results are accurate
- who helped me in gathering results

I believe this topic could be first of its kind (I could well be wrong).

Anybody any information on how best I could do this?

Thanks

Top tips:
- Always have more than 5 bullet points on each slide, with at least 10 words under each bullet.
- Use as many different font colours as possible
- Include bouncing ball Gifs on every corner of every slide
- Adopt animation intros and exits on every slide
- In case the audience are falling asleep, insert a random slide of a naked lady and then say "Oh how did that get in there!"
- Have at least 50 slides to prove how much you research you did
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theticklemister

armaghniac

Don't just use different font colours but actual fonts, Comic Sans, Olde English are nice mixed together.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Eamonnca1

Infographics. If it's a complex topic then pay for a whiteboard animation.

Captain Scarlet

If it is something to go up on Twitter/ FB then to my mind there needs to be some animation or movement.
Just throwing it out there but, as you know your own material, deliver it into a camera. Short and sweet or even break up into smaller clips.
You could get someone to have an animated chart overlaid on the side of the video. So you are distancing findings while along the side the figures animate on screen, or even pop up as figures.
I am not sure of you have any budget, but a phone could record the video and then find an online editor who could add the graphics.
Or even something simpler you have the figures on cue cards printed clearly and show the figures on camera at the given time.

As I said if it is FB and Twitter then autoplay clips/ videos/ animated elements are key nowadays.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

rosnarun

just include 'you'll believe what happened next'  or 'people were amazed at the reaction' and then never go there 
seems to be current best practice on the internet
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere