End of an Era

Started by Jinxy, August 22, 2018, 12:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedHand88

The hogan stand bar on the north circular road is always good.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 22, 2018, 07:42:02 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on August 22, 2018, 01:49:56 PM
Tom Mayes.

+1

Gills on occasion too.
You should pop upstairs in Mayes Dinny, you'll be made feel very welcome  ;)

Meaghers or McGraths usually if I was going for a pint.

Jinxy

One pub I always refused outright to go anywhere near was Quinns.
Possibly unfair, but I always assumed it would be full of first year Ag students.

WT4E

Fagans
Quinns
McGraths

Always found Gills to be a bit of a kip.

Does anyone go to MacGowans - I would think it would be good but i never be coming in that way.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Franko on August 23, 2018, 11:04:39 AM
Quinns is a kip.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/disgusting-quinn-s-of-drumcondra-fined-for-breaking-food-safety-laws-1.2063302

Does anyone bother with Kennedy's on the Drumcondra Road?
Quinn's had sewage and dead rats sloshing about the cellar a few years ago. It's in a prime location but better alternatives nearby.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: WT4E on August 23, 2018, 10:14:29 AM
Fagans
Quinns
McGraths

Always found Gills to be a bit of a kip.

Does anyone go to MacGowans - I would think it would be good but i never be coming in that way.
McGowans in Phibsboro? It's not bad but it's slightly off the track. More for a night out then around a match kind of spot.

AQMP

When I was Belfast based back in the days of black and white TV it was The Cat & Cage.  More recently the Big Tree and Gill's.

Jinxy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 23, 2018, 11:15:42 AM
Quinns is a kip.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/district-court/disgusting-quinn-s-of-drumcondra-fined-for-breaking-food-safety-laws-1.2063302

Quinn's had sewage and dead rats sloshing about the cellar a few years ago. It's in a prime location but better alternatives nearby.

If Cavan ever make it to Croke Park again, I guarantee Quinns is where the unwashed hordes will set up shop now that the Big Tree is gone.
They can tickle away to their hearts content in there.

easytiger95

Hedigans by Cross Guns Bridge - always was a great spot.

johnnycool

Quote from: Jinxy on August 23, 2018, 12:29:11 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 23, 2018, 11:15:42 AM
Quinns is a kip.

If Cavan ever make it to Croke Park again, I guarantee Quinns is where the unwashed hordes will set up shop now that the Big Tree is gone.
They can tickle away to their hearts content in there.

We used to head to Quinns without fail but when the picture of the raw sewage leaking all over the kegs and stuff in the basement surfaced that was the end of that.

Hardy

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 23, 2018, 12:38:52 PM
Hedigans by Cross Guns Bridge - always was a great spot.

Yes - the Brian Boru. Always a big Meath crowd and they have Beamish. I remember a few of us chatting to Brendan Gleeson in there after a Meath-Dublin match - strictly football talk, fan to fan and no mention from either side of who he was or that we knew who he was.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rois on August 22, 2018, 09:53:19 PM
The Temple/Kavanagh's

Was there on my last visit to Croke Park a decent spot with good pub food. Haven't been to the Big Tree since 2011 was after the Donegal v Kildare quarter final. Donegal supporters were over the moon to win that game little did they know they would be celebrating All Ireland win the following year.