Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Hardy

Shambles again from the PRO. can't even take a photo   properly, laughing stock really. I take it, that's the same team named as previous 2 games?
Ridiculous that tomorrow is the last league game and  Down have hardly gave any game time to Poland or Jerome, MF has been cleaned out in most games with very little been done to change this. Im not suggesting changing the team drastically each game, but surely a few more players should have be given game time, not as if we have been winning or performing well!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Ed Hardy on April 01, 2017, 08:10:19 PM
Shambles again from the PRO. can't even take a photo   properly, laughing stock really. I take it, that's the same team named as previous 2 games?
Ridiculous that tomorrow is the last league game and  Down have hardly gave any game time to Poland or Jerome, MF has been cleaned out in most games with very little been done to change this. Im not suggesting changing the team drastically each game, but surely a few more players should have be given game time, not as if we have been winning or performing well!

They've updated it now with a screenshot of the full team.

rosskarr

Irish News gets the team last night and Down Twitter releases it tonight.Shameful

Targetman

Down's twitter is awful, the minors and u17's both had games today against Armagh and not a mention of either, whoever is responsible get your act together!!

Smurfy123

I have said it before and I'll say it again the PR in this county is the worst in Ireland.For example Antrim have posted around 300 posts on social media from last Sundays league games,Down 1 post
Galway are posting a potential do or die game in both hurling and football with an estimated crowd of 10000.We can't even post a full stern picture.If it was a business them people would have been sacked long ago.Its ridiculous these people get away with it.Rant over
Let's concentrate on winning tomorrow and start preparing for Armagh.It is a game which we can win. If the official website released that team surely it's the correct team?

Hoes before bros

Yes we will probably lose  tomorrow and get relegated because the person that runs a facebook page didn't post a full picture of the starting team.  Jesus some of you lot on this board have really lost the plot. We have a county board that have plunged us into debt and are forcing the clubs to pay it off, a management team completely out of their depth, and a county full of our best players that won't commit to playing for their county and all you lot can do is give out about a f-ing PRO. You lot need to get out more instead of sitting staring at your phones waiting for the next post on downs facebook page

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Hoes before bros on April 02, 2017, 04:19:00 AM
Yes we will probably lose  tomorrow and get relegated because the person that runs a facebook page didn't post a full picture of the starting team.  Jesus some of you lot on this board have really lost the plot. We have a county board that have plunged us into debt and are forcing the clubs to pay it off, a management team completely out of their depth, and a county full of our best players that won't commit to playing for their county and all you lot can do is give out about a f-ing PRO. You lot need to get out more instead of sitting staring at your phones waiting for the next post on downs facebook page

It's a discussion forum. The other issues have been talked about before if you care to read back over the past 12 months of posts. Would you rather that people said nothing on a discussion forum?

Smurfy123

Where did I say if we are beaten today it's the PRO fault?
I am saying that our social media outlets are the worst in Ireland.Is it really that hard to start promoting games in this county?Not 1 post in the week leading up to games which this weekend involves the senior footballers,hurlers minor footballers and under 17 footballers.It is small things like this that our county needs to get sorted out to bring the good feel factor back to Down football.Other county's in Ireland have hundreds of things per week.
I think Down will win by 2.

snoopdog

The point is Down are a shambles from top to bottom. Think thats the point most are making is everything needs changed in Down GAA. Div 3 is our level with the current set up.

Smurfy123

That's exactly the point snoopdog.
Down need a clear out from top to bottom when this season comes to an end.
But for the next manager to start building for the future division 2 is where Down need to be so today's game is a must win game.

stiff breeze

The soloution is simple , bring in wee pete and wee James and Mc Corry (triple threat )  ,then bring back Marty clarke , benny and big dan who are all raring to go , make smurfy here the new pro because he clearly has too much time on his hands and then spin down to cork , play the down way of all out attack and solidify div2 status . Build on this next year with an Ulster title and the year after with Sam

Simples really

Smurfy123

Ok Stiff i won't mention the pro again.:)
The Down way is finished but let's play with maybe 4 players in the forward line?
Is davidson injured?
Donal O Hare still out?
Can we dream of an Ulster title stiff?
Down will win by 2-3 points today let's keep the faith?
Armagh are setting themselves up for a hiding on the 4th of June.McKeever playing at full forward.Really!

OgraAnDun

Quote from: stiff breeze on April 02, 2017, 09:58:42 AM
The soloution is simple , bring in wee pete and wee James and Mc Corry (triple threat )  ,then bring back Marty clarke , benny and big dan who are all raring to go , make smurfy here the new pro because he clearly has too much time on his hands and then spin down to cork , play the down way of all out attack and solidify div2 status . Build on this next year with an Ulster title and the year after with Sam

Simples really

I don't agree with everything Smurfy comes out with but he's right about the PRO, publicity is the public face of the organisation and it needs to be better. Posting a half arsed picture of the programme 10 minutes before the game starts or finishing the live updates after 50 minutes isn't really acceptable in this day and age.

imagine

Let's now follow Cork Gaa Twitter--it'll be better than the Down account's output unless stiff breeze helps out his fellow club member.