Football gloves

Started by bogball88, May 15, 2013, 11:17:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogball88

Not sure if this has been covered before, just trying to gauge opinion as to the best football gloves to buy. Alot of brands out on the market now, but many of them seem to wear very quickly after drying out. All comments welcome

Bingo

Gaelic performance very good and has some great deals online to buy in bulk or rewards for buying for clubs etc.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

blewuporstuffed

usually wear Murphys gloves at the minute.
seem to last a bit longer than most of them
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

bogball88

Quote from: Jinxy on May 15, 2013, 12:22:27 PM

They were some job Jinxy, some plucking done withe them!

Zulu

And often worn just like in the picture as you had brought two right hand ones. We got a batch of KIT sportswear gloves recently which are custom designed with our club logo but players haven't been wearing them long enough to comment on their durability. They look great though.

AZOffaly

I love those gloves!!!They were fantastic on a cold day to give a lad a slap on the leg with new, fresh, sticky bumps. Reddened up nicely.

They got woeful heavy in the wet though. I remember playing a game in Portarlington or somewhere like that on a brutal wet day. I ran out to gather a low ball in to me at corner forward, and I got the old 'equalizer'. The shoulder straight into my chest from the centre back who was running back after the ball. Problem was he actually stepped over the ball to hit me, so I wasn't even bent down to pick the ball up. Anyway, it was like a cartoon. Both arms and both legs flew up into the air like Tom from Tom and Jerry running into a lamp pole. I picked myself up about an hour later and realised that my heavy gloves had flown off in the impact and were 20 yards down the field. Thank god You Tube wasn't invented then.

Jinxy

Some craic wearing them on a soggy day once the elastic went in the wrists.
You had to hold your hands up like a surgeon to stop them falling off.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bogball88

Quote from: Jinxy on May 15, 2013, 01:31:30 PM
Some craic wearing them on a soggy day once the elastic went in the wrists.
You had to hold your hands up like a surgeon to stop them falling off.

Using an elastic band was my method of choice!

Bingo

Great gloves those for laying bricks on a cold day.

theskull1

What about the poor imitations

Needed to be a hot dry swealtering day for them to grip (i.e the day you didnt need them). Plenty wore these as well

All the mikasa glove (as well as these) did was kill the ball rather than grip it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bogball88

Quote from: theskull1 on May 15, 2013, 03:20:03 PM
What about the poor imitations

Needed to be a hot dry swealtering day for them to grip (i.e the day you didnt need them). Plenty wore these as well

All the mikasa glove (as well as these) did was kill the ball rather than grip it

Thought they actually were site/gardening/not football gloves??

Hardy

We never went in much for gloves. Bare-knuckle.

Mario

I think Benny Coulter has a new glove out as well, seen Paddy Bradley tweeting about them.

Club Rossa

Very disappointed with O'Neills gloves,Murphy's would be more durable.