The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearsiuil

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2019, 11:02:17 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2019, 10:45:20 AM
The Italian anthem, and the player reaction, always a reminder that Ireland's Call doesn't really cut it.

What a load of nonsense... they're professional athletes representing their country do they need a song to make them play better??

You could be on to something.

screenexile

Italy very close to getting a try then the prop does a spear tackle?? I'd say O'Shea is going mental!! They started the half well too!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2019, 11:02:17 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 04, 2019, 10:45:20 AM
The Italian anthem, and the player reaction, always a reminder that Ireland's Call doesn't really cut it.

What a load of nonsense... they're professional athletes representing their country do they need a song to make them play better??
They're not all playing for their country  ;)

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2019, 12:00:51 PM
Italy very close to getting a try then the prop does a spear tackle?? I'd say O'Shea is going mental!! They started the half well too!
What an idiot. Ruined the game

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on October 04, 2019, 12:51:50 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 04, 2019, 12:00:51 PM
What an idiot. Ruined the game
2 idiots. 1 and 17 both should have got the line.

grounded

Argentina look up for this one. Ref will have a massive say in this one. Particularly how he refs the breakdown.

Estimator

Plenty of handling errors already in this one.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

grounded

Lots of handling errors both sides. Red card. Clumsy more than malicious. Farrell dipping down and there is a clear height difference, but thats the rules

JPGJOHNNYG

Ffs was looking forward to this game

Wildweasel74

These tackles were barely a yellow last Yr, you got a 6ft 8in giant tacking a man barely 6ft was started to bend down as your man hit him. If the man a bck rower 6ft 4in tackle was fine. Does ever player judge the size of the player before tacking.

Capt Pat

I thought the red card was harsh. Farrell wasn't hurt at all in the tackle. If the argentine was being malicious Farrell would have been knocked out. Farrell was very low when being tackled as well.

thewobbler

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 05, 2019, 09:30:53 AM
These tackles were barely a yellow last Yr, you got a 6ft 8in giant tacking a man barely 6ft was started to bend down as your man hit him. If the man a bck rower 6ft 4in tackle was fine. Does ever player judge the size of the player before tacking.

That's really my issue here too. This law is genuinely discriminatory against lock forwards.

Walter Cronc

My initial thought was harsh but on second glance it's technically a red. Unfortunately we have to go through these changes/decisions or lawyers will have it turning into tag rugby.

Wildweasel74

The rule will see big men send off for coming of their line at speed and smaller men crouching down to take the hit,