2019 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 10, 2019, 06:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Some lad on a hurling threads looking Laois supporters for something or other, says its paid...

Irrespective of who wins on Sunday both teams have an AI quarterfinal to look forward to, Cork or Dublin.

When are they set to be played?

Don Draper

Quote from: johnnycool on June 27, 2019, 09:13:59 AM
Some lad on a hurling threads looking Laois supporters for something or other, says its paid...

Irrespective of who wins on Sunday both teams have an AI quarterfinal to look forward to, Cork or Dublin.

Next weekend. The lads will sober up on Thursday, find the hurls on Friday, and turn up Saturday to fulfill the fixture. Yerah.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: G@@ on June 26, 2019, 10:00:11 PM
I'd be fearful of Jack Kelly starting though. I watched him closely in O'Moore Park on June 15th and while I couldn't fault his tenacious tackling and marking, he was very poor in his passing. There is something of an anti-climax of watching a lad burst through three Westmeath lads, and win a ball he has no right to, only to pass it back 20 yards to the opposition.

Not sure we were watching the same game G@@. He did make two hand passing errors but the game plan is to pass short to a man in space and they were all making errors in the first half. They all seemed to go to hand in the second half when we upped the pace which is encouraging. Jack Kelly will DEFINITELY start if he is fit. He was a clear man of the match against Westmeath, won every ball that landed within 30 yards of him and scored some lovely points. For me it is only a question of where he starts.  You'd be mental not to start him.

MasterJ

I would say Jack Kelly will start in wing-back. He is much better there. He had a poor performance against Offaly in Midfield. He then was started in wing-back for the rest of the rounds and played well.

Mossy Bruce

Preliminary quarter-finals, July 6th and 7th
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

clonadmad

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on June 27, 2019, 02:57:03 PM

Laois will be in Portlaoise regardless,we win on Sunday,its Dublin,we lose its Cork

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: clonadmad on June 27, 2019, 03:57:53 PM

Laois will be in Portlaoise regardless,we win on Sunday,its Dublin,we lose its Cork
The dubs in O'Moore Park -- that would be a cracker!
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

clonadmad

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on June 27, 2019, 05:34:06 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 27, 2019, 03:57:53 PM

The dubs in O'Moore Park -- that would be a cracker!

I would give us a reasonable chance against the dubs at home to spring a surprise

Not a hope against Cork even with their dodgy full back line

Mossy Bruce

Wow! The most I have ever seen written up about Laois hurling in the national media.

"Landlocked in battle: The Midlands balance of power"
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2019/0627/1057830-landlocked-in-battle-the-midlands-balance-of-power/
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

MasterJ

Enda Rowland won Poc Fada last night. Noah Quinlan from the minors won the u16.

redsetanta

Should be a big crowd in for the McDonagh game. With KK and Wex in the minor final it will be a long day for the hard core but should bring in a quite a crew of supporters from both counties along with the Laois and Westmeath crowd. WIll be the biggest crowd that these hurlers have played in front of.

The betting has Laois at 1/2 so hot favs. The great thing about this year is that we will have decent options on the bench. Looking forward to Sunday and the joy will be walking down Jones Road to a sea of blue and white heading into Croke Park and it's not the footballers. Hopefully an entertainiing high scoring game with a Laois victory. 
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Don Draper

Quote from: redsetanta on June 28, 2019, 10:54:47 AM
Looking forward to Sunday and the joy will be walking down Jones Road to a sea of blue and white heading into Croke Park
That gave me a little tingle there red, beautiful.

MasterJ

Quote from: redsetanta on June 28, 2019, 10:54:47 AM
Should be a big crowd in for the McDonagh game. With KK and Wex in the minor final it will be a long day for the hard core but should bring in a quite a crew of supporters from both counties along with the Laois and Westmeath crowd. WIll be the biggest crowd that these hurlers have played in front of.

The betting has Laois at 1/2 so hot favs. The great thing about this year is that we will have decent options on the bench. Looking forward to Sunday and the joy will be walking down Jones Road to a sea of blue and white heading into Croke Park and it's not the footballers. Hopefully an entertainiing high scoring game with a Laois victory. 

I would say it will be high scoring. Laois have lots of forward options on bench, not so good though for the backs.

clonadmad

Quote from: MasterJ on June 28, 2019, 08:36:26 AM
Enda Rowland won Poc Fada last night. Noah Quinlan from the minors won the u16.

Did I see correctly on Twitter that only 4 u16's turned up for it

Apathy strikes again

Giovanni

For Mossy and the lads that can't make it:

TG4 Youtube, 1.40pm: Laois v Westmeath, Joe McDonagh Cup final (Throw in 2pm) Link: https://youtu.be/S5MXW3aBxG4