The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

five points

Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 01:43:16 PM
Quote from: five points on July 09, 2020, 12:22:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 11:43:30 AM

It doesn't.

And Biden will stick to the script and do fine, at least to the extent that facts and not bluster and bullshit matter.

The debates, spectacle aside, have long since ceased to matter anyway, as long as you present a semi-coherent, non-insane version of yourself. Especially this year when it is solely a referendum on  Trump and his competence.

There, in one word, is Biden's problem.

I would have thought it would be more Trump's actually.

Trump can at least read a script or deliver a speech. Meanwhile: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1281050934794059776

J70

Quote from: five points on July 09, 2020, 01:48:24 PM

It doesn't.

And Biden will stick to the script and do fine, at least to the extent that facts and not bluster and bullshit matter.

The debates, spectacle aside, have long since ceased to matter anyway, as long as you present a semi-coherent, non-insane version of yourself. Especially this year when it is solely a referendum on  Trump and his competence.

Trump can at least read a script or deliver a speech. Meanwhile: https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1281050934794059776

They will both be rehearsed and scripted to death for the debates.

And for every Biden video, we could post plenty of Trump "stream of consciousness" too, starting with his recent Hannity "interview".

whitey

It doesn't.

J70-you must not be watching TV these days

Joe is now about 50 times more incoherent that Trump on his worst day

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 01:55:56 PM

It doesn't.

J70-you must not be watching TV these days

Joe is now about 50 times more incoherent that Trump on his worst day

I'll take your word for it.

Don't think it will  make much difference when it comes to the debates though.

Gmac

Mayor of New York using public funds to paint black lives matter outside trump tower while he defunds the police and the murder rate has gone up 150% and I read a stat that the last 100 murders were all black or Hispanic people the people he is supposedly trying to protect , liberalism is a mental disorder was never more true .

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 02:55:02 PM
Mayor of New York using public funds to paint black lives matter outside trump tower while he defunds the police and the murder rate has gone up 150% and I read a stat that the last 100 murders were all black or Hispanic people the people he is supposedly trying to protect , liberalism is a mental disorder was never more true .

There's an old saying....be careful what you wish for

Luckily I live in a small town and the funding of the police is decided by the taxpayers at the annual town meeting. I'm sure we may miss out on some federal grants but we can easily make up the shortfall ourselves

J70

If your Michael Savage quote is true, you're doing a piss-poor job, day in and day out, of proving that here.

Do you have any specific criticisms of DeBlasio's budgets cuts, including those for the police and across the board in the city?

How much will the BLM painting cost?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 03:34:49 PM

If your Michael Savage quote is true, you're doing a piss-poor job, day in and day out, of proving that here.

Do you have any specific criticisms of DeBlasio's budgets cuts, including those for the police and across the board in the city?

J70....as a taxpayer are you not incensed that the Mayor is wasting time and money on frivolous bvllshit instead of addressing the real issues facing the city. What exactly is he hoping to accomplish by this stunt....and that's exactly what it is

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 03:51:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on July 09, 2020, 03:34:49 PM

J70....as a taxpayer are you not incensed that the Mayor is wasting time and money on frivolous bvllshit instead of addressing the real issues facing the city. What exactly is he hoping to accomplish by this stunt....and that's exactly what it is

It's a stunt, no question. But, I think it is perfectly fine for the city to show support for BLM in this way. Its not exactly going to break the budget throwing down a bit of paint on the street. And, if they are going to do it, why not do it in front of the home of the bigoted president of the country?

Gabriel_Hurl

Well - the SDNY will be able to get their hands on his tax returns. SCOTUS voted 7-2 in favour of that - including Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

He won't be a happy man today. You hate to see it.

Gmac

Meanwhile in San Francisco we have a city council member who wants to make it a crime if you call 911 on a black person and no crime had taken place , so in his opinion if you feel threatened or are worried about a potential situation you should wait until the person of color commits the crime before you call 911, turkeys voting for Christmas

Rossfan

Best lock up all black people.
Then the Gmacs of the world will feel perfectly safe.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2020, 04:30:09 PM

Eh.....most of the crime committed by black people is against other black people not against white people, so aim sure he feels perfectly safe already

J70

Quote from: Gmac on July 09, 2020, 04:18:38 PM
Meanwhile in San Francisco we have a city council member who wants to make it a crime if you call 911 on a black person and no crime had taken place , so in his opinion if you feel threatened or are worried about a potential situation you should wait until the person of color commits the crime before you call 911, turkeys voting for Christmas

So, in your opinion, all these people calling the police for no reason because they're personally nervous about black people is ok?

There should be no penalty for someone like the Central Park woman who called the cops on the black guy because he had the nerve to ask her to leash her dog in an area where it was supposed to be leashed?

J70

Quote from: whitey on July 09, 2020, 04:32:57 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 09, 2020, 04:30:09 PM

Eh.....most of the crime committed by black people is against other black people not against white people, so aim sure he feels perfectly safe already

Well he should have nothing to worry about if this new law is passed then.