Ulster Club SFC 2023

Started by general_lee, September 26, 2023, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

What were TG4 to do though? Just turn the other game off when it came to penalties?

Yeah they weren't enough up in the first half. Tbh you could see early in second half what way the game was going.

Wildweasel74

Should have started from the start as am sure they were recording it, and bypass on half time analysis, they do this with deferred coverage games.

seafoid

Scotstown will be back. Kilcoo didn't win anything first time around either.

imtommygunn

this was them being back though.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 11, 2023, 11:14:46 AMthis was them being back though.

Yeah,  the lose to us in 2015 took a lot out of them. Yesterday might do the same. The team that started yesterday has lads who have been playing together for over 10 years. Beggan, McArdle, Caulfield, the Hughes, Morgan, Carey, Carville, and Hamill all were playing in 2012 when I was coaching them.  McCarthy was just breaking out of minor that year too. That's 2/3rds of this team have been on the road with an awful lot of miles on their legs when you include county football. They'll struggle to get back to this level unfortunately

imtommygunn

Yeah I think this was their chance. I thought Glen were a bit better but Scotstown like you and others say missed chances at crucial times. It's the Hughes ages I think would be their main issue as they are pivotal.

the goal was on

With Jack mc Carron on board they'll win Monaghan again next year and they'll have a decent chance again in ulster . Might be beyond them but good chance they'll be in a semi and then anything can happen

Main Street

Quote from: clarshack on December 10, 2023, 09:28:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 10, 2023, 09:18:43 PMThought Scotstown had a couple of chances to go for points and went for goals instead which proved their downfall. McCarron also gave couple of silly balls away late on.

My thoughts too.
There were 4 goal chances in the 2nd half, one long ball went to D Hughes who fisted, hit the post and somehow miraculously stayed out. The  second went to Darren again when he could've taken a point but there was a point from a free in the same play. The third was what you could say was a missed point when after a brilliant piece of play an effort at goal went amiss,  the 4th was K Hughes, the last shot of the game which (unfortunately) went straight to the goalie.
Going for goals was not the undoing of Scotstown, they started the 2nd half strongly and were ahead by a point on the 50th min. Simply put Glen were the better team in those last 10 minutes even if the ref in error penalised McCarron for over-carrying, didn't notice that he had only taken 3 steps. Glenn scored 3 points in the closing minutes from similar positions that Scotstown couldnĀ“t.

cornerback

Quote from: Main Street on December 11, 2023, 11:40:14 PM
Quote from: clarshack on December 10, 2023, 09:28:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 10, 2023, 09:18:43 PMThought Scotstown had a couple of chances to go for points and went for goals instead which proved their downfall. McCarron also gave couple of silly balls away late on.

My thoughts too.
There were 4 goal chances in the 2nd half, one long ball went to D Hughes who fisted, hit the post and somehow miraculously stayed out. The  second went to Darren again when he could've taken a point but there was a point from a free in the same play. The third was what you could say was a missed point when after a brilliant piece of play an effort at goal went amiss,  the 4th was K Hughes, the last shot of the game which (unfortunately) went straight to the goalie.
Going for goals was not the undoing of Scotstown, they started the 2nd half strongly and were ahead by a point on the 50th min. Simply put Glen were the better team in those last 10 minutes even if the ref in error penalised McCarron for over-carrying, didn't notice that he had only taken 3 steps. Glenn scored 3 points in the closing minutes from similar positions that Scotstown couldnĀ“t.

When it was originally blown I thought the ref was influenced by the crowd and gave a harsh call for overcarrying but in the replay it could clearly be seen that the ball swapped hands a couple of times

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: clarshack on December 10, 2023, 09:10:08 PMPairc Esler is exactly half way between Glen and Kilmacud.

Which is where its at
Sunday 7th at 3.45

Other semi at 1.45 in semple
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Was it not a double bounce?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2023, 06:02:23 PMWas it not a double bounce?

Seen the swapping of hands too, thought it was decent call if that was it..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2023, 06:42:42 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 12, 2023, 06:02:23 PMWas it not a double bounce?

Yeah clearly a call on swapping hands. Good call in fairness in the heat of battle!

Main Street

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 12, 2023, 08:05:28 PM

Yeah clearly a call on swapping hands. Good call in fairness in the heat of battle!
I didn't notice that in the heat of the battle.
Does the ref have some hand signal to indicate a foul for a swapping of the hands?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Main Street on December 12, 2023, 10:28:43 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 12, 2023, 08:05:28 PM

I didn't notice that in the heat of the battle.
Does the ref have some hand signal to indicate a foul for a swapping of the hands?

He seemed to make a movement of his hands similar to an over carry but more of a side to side motion. Rare you see that called by refs but I think given that McCarron had been static enough it was easier maybe for him to see.