derry v cork 02/07/23

Started by HiMucker, June 27, 2023, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 30, 2023, 04:39:43 PM
Was that not the bck up keeper in the Y-20, I seen postie a few weeks ago, lad not fit to come to the 45, and I not mention the high ball. We been here before and he wasn't what was required previous.

Agreed on postie.
Surely we have other goalie's in the county.

JoG2

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 30, 2023, 04:43:37 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 30, 2023, 04:39:43 PM
Was that not the bck up keeper in the Y-20, I seen postie a few weeks ago, lad not fit to come to the 45, and I not mention the high ball. We been here before and he wasn't what was required previous.

Agreed on postie.
Surely we have other goalie's in the county.

Barry McGoldrick do a job!

Blowitupref

Quote from: toby47 on June 30, 2023, 09:43:25 AM
Quote from: statto on June 30, 2023, 09:10:16 AM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on June 30, 2023, 01:59:30 AM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 29, 2023, 11:17:40 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on June 29, 2023, 10:31:05 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 29, 2023, 08:42:19 PM
Do cork have a chance?

I think if Cork had a full deck to pick from they'd have a right crack at it, but Hurley especially is a huge loss. He'd take marking so it makes it easier for Derry. The midfield battle will be one to watch here. Should be good.

Hurley a loss but it's worth noting he only scored 0-2(1f) against Mayo before going off injured on 55 mins and Cork would go on to outscore Mayo 1-6 to 1-1 to win by 3. Didn't feature at all in their victory against Roscommon.  Cork in the last couple of games had a good spread of scorers, with defenders and subs making big impacts.  One can't underestimate that the last two matches took a lot out of Cork and fresher Derry should be winning probably by closing the game out in the final 15 mins.

He's been struggling with injuries of late and then his hammer went badly enough in Mayo game, so as you say he hasn't been as effective as he can be. But he showed flashes in Kerry game of what he can do and if he were in any sort of shape Derry would be forced to man-mark him if he was out there which would improve the outlook for Cork forwards around him.

He most likely won't play though unfortunately for Cork. Derry would win even if he were there I feel anyway.

Hurleys ball winning ability and directness will be a huge loss.  Even if hes not scoring hes asking questions of defenders are bringing others into the game.

Hurley named on the bench, he will 100% play a part this weekend.

Was named on the 26 last weekend also but didn't play. Believe it's another hamstring injury Galway rushing Comer back didn't work.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

RedHand88

Odhran Lynch spotted at Mid ulster hospital with what appears to be a sprained wrist. Doubt for the weekend.

restorepride

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 30, 2023, 04:58:10 PM
Odhran Lynch spotted at Mid ulster hospital with what appears to be a sprained wrist. Doubt for the weekend.
Canavan brothers just in front of him in the cue I hear, problem with snooker balls.

Steps

Sold out now by looks of it!

Real Talk

Anyone know who the Ref is for the Cork v Derry game on Sun

CK_Redhand

Quote from: Real Talk on June 30, 2023, 10:35:28 PM
Anyone know who the Ref is for the Cork v Derry game on Sun
Joe McQuillan

onefineday

Hopefully Derry bring the white jerseys with them, wouldn't want a repeat of the ulster final.

Captain Obvious

Was confirmed the other day that Derry will wear red and Cork white.

onefineday

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2023, 01:13:15 AM
Has red become our jersey now? Who changed it?
I hate it myself, white and red band is the Derry jersey I grew up with (except for when we played that shower next door).

Steps

Seems to be a thing under Gallagher. I remember pre 1940 it was always red and white band and then it changed to white with red band ;)

Wildweasel74

No big issue colour change, I like the red Jersey, Donegal played in Green with a yellow band, up to the, 1992 All-Ireland, went with a main yellow/gold top and wire the same every since.

restorepride

We win tomorrow, dearg, bán, dearg or bán, dearg, bán is irrelevant!

Blowitupref

Quote from: onefineday on July 01, 2023, 08:05:30 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 01, 2023, 01:13:15 AM
Has red become our jersey now? Who changed it?
I hate it myself, white and red band is the Derry jersey I grew up with (except for when we played that shower next door).

Looks like Derry see the red jersey as lucky jersey now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose