The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on January 28, 2018, 04:43:16 PM
Rory shot 22 under this week.

If you're fit to call that "blowing it" or "poor decisin making", you must really lead a flawless life.

He went for the green when the smart option was to lay up and take his chances with an up and down.

I didn't say he blew it I just thought that was a bad call at the time and maybe a more experienced caddy would have talked him out of it. He's playing pretty well but things like that lose tournaments especially when he moves up to the majors. He's playing well enough I just think having a proper caddy would be a positive for him.

Tony Baloney

thewobbler

It took a tournament record score to beat him by a single stroke.

Even if the most boring and pragmatic bagman on this earth was caddying for Rory he wouldn't be able to deny that Rory has a pretty accurate 3-wood for distances up to 280 yards. It's a statistical fact. Therefore asking him to play the safe option isn't the same thing as a less talented player.

screenexile

Quote from: thewobbler on January 28, 2018, 06:31:51 PM
It took a tournament record score to beat him by a single stroke.

Even if the most boring and pragmatic bagman on this earth was caddying for Rory he wouldn't be able to deny that Rory has a pretty accurate 3-wood for distances up to 280 yards. It's a statistical fact. Therefore asking him to play the safe option isn't the same thing as a less talented player.

I've no issue with the 3 wood but he seemed to be going for the green on his second shot from an impossible position when he should have tried a sensible shot to the fairway and try to get close from there.

He was 2 shots up with 8 to play he should have won from that position!!

Boycey

Tiger in the top 20 well into his back 9 on Sunday. I suppose it's hardly a jaw dropping result but encouraging all the same.

T Fearon

Do you think Caroline might have tweeted Rory today with the message "Up Yours!"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on January 28, 2018, 09:12:33 PM
Do you think Caroline might have tweeted Rory today with the message "Up Yours!"

Yeah she did it! Said stick your millions up your hole!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LooseCannon

Milltown Row2

screenexile

Didn't like that from JB Holmes surely there has to be a max time to hit a shot if there are no rule implications ... hope Noren can get up and down to win from here.

DrinkingHarp

Jason Day could not close an automatic door.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Orior

5 playoff holes? Glad I went to bed after the first playoff hole.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Megaman

fecking ragin, had Levy & Finau in an e/w double

Keegan Bradley went 3 under in the last few holes to knock Finau out of 5th place.

Wouldnt have been a fortune but better than nothing.