The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

Should have it wrapped up way before then.

Capt Pat

Was it a peno? I didn't see it. Kevin Kilbane on final score said it was a dive.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 05, 2019, 05:07:54 PM
Was it a peno? I didn't see it. Kevin Kilbane on final score said it was a dive.

Clear pen. VAR reviewed it and upheld the ref's decision.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 05, 2019, 05:10:37 PM

Clear? Bit early to be pissed
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dire Ear

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2019, 05:13:24 PM

Have a look again. Dry your tears this time. It'll help  ;)
Oh sorry, you're the guy who doesn't care  ;D

quit yo jibbajabba

Would expect fume from a few posters, surely not Milltown tho! He dont even support Man U!

looked on the soft side but dont stick yer leg in there chap if you dont want to give a pen...

Hound

Made hard work of that alright. 18 shots to 2, but couldn't get the second goal.

As said above, pen was a bit soft, but still a clear penalty. Very silly by Albrighton, you can't expect to get away with kicking someone on the back of the ankle in the box, even if it's not a hard kick. When you saw the replay, you knew there was no way VAR could over-rule.

And if he hadn't kicked him, Mane would have rolled it to Lallana for a relatively easy finish, and we all know what would have happened then   ;D  :o

gawa316

Clear peno.

Anyone see what happened at the end with Perez and Robbo?

Angelo

I've no horse in the EPL race but I thought the referee was absolutely scandalous in the closing minutes there. It's as bad a fix as I've seen outside of Scotland in an officiating environment since Byron Moreno in 2002.

There were four decisions in a 5 minute period:

The first was a foul given against Ayoze Perez for a high foot, he nicked the ball up around knee height with his toe, Van Dijk had committed himself by stooping down very low from a header. Perez won the ball and Leicester were in 2 on 3.

The next was a dive from Origi for a free kick over on the right with Periera, a fairly inconsequential award but it's the fact that it was clearly in no way a foul and a very easy decision to make for the referee. Those two in quick succession kind of set the tone, at that point I knew he would put his on a plate for Liverpool.

After that it was a clear foul by Salah on the Leicester centre half who had control of the ball, Salah bundled over in a very roughouse fashion from behind and you're waiting for the referee to blow his whistle he doesn't Salah is now in a very dangerous counter situation and another Leicester lad has to come in and take him out and take a yellow for it.

Then there was the penalty, at the time I thought it was a dive and after seeing the replay it clearly was, the game is not netball, with VAR and all it is completely inexplicable how it can be given.

Italy had Calciopoli and it was a huge scandal and it was proven but I watched Serie all through that time, it was subtly done, it was giving a yellow card to a key player so he would be suspended for the next game and stuff like that. It was nowhere near as explicit as some of the decisions in that last 10 minutes, it was like watching a Rangers game up in Scotland.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

laoislad

Quote from: Hound on October 05, 2019, 02:48:07 PM
Feckin Lovren in, time to hide behind the settee.

At least AZ will be happy. He's always said he's better than Matip!
He did alright to be fair to him.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

t_mac

Quote from: Angelo on October 05, 2019, 05:57:48 PM
I've no horse in the EPL race but I thought the referee was absolutely scandalous in the closing minutes there. It's as bad a fix as I've seen outside of Scotland in an officiating environment since Byron Moreno in 2002.

The first was a foul given against Ayoze Perez for a high foot, he nicked the ball up around knee height with his toe, Van Dijk had committed himself by stooping down very low from a header. Perez won the ball and Leicester were in 2 on 3.

The next was a dive from Origi for a free kick over on the right with Periera, a fairly inconsequential award but it's the fact that it was clearly in no way a foul and a very easy decision to make for the referee. Those two in quick succession kind of set the tone, at that point I knew he would put his on a plate for Liverpool.

After that it was a clear foul by Salah on the Leicester centre half who had control of the ball, Salah bundled over in a very roughouse fashion from behind and you're waiting for the referee to blow his whistle he doesn't Salah is now in a very dangerous counter situation and another Leicester lad has to come in and take him out and take a yellow for it.

Then there was the penalty, at the time I thought it was a dive and after seeing the replay it clearly was, the game is not netball, with VAR and all it is completely inexplicable how it can be given.

Italy had Calciopoli and it was a huge scandal and it was proven but I watched Serie all through that time, it was subtly done, it was giving a yellow card to a key player so he would be suspended for the next game and stuff like that. It was nowhere near as explicit as some of the decisions in that last 10 minutes, it was like watching a Rangers game up in Scotland.

The therapy for referees not working out, you need help. 8)

Clov

Don't think a challenge like that should warrant a penalty but not at all surprised by the decision. That's the way the game is referred these days.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Angelo

Quote from: t_mac on October 05, 2019, 06:05:06 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 05, 2019, 05:57:48 PM

The therapy for referees not working out, you need help. 8)

Referees should be accountable for their decisions.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 05, 2019, 05:20:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2019, 05:13:24 PM

Have a look again. Dry your tears this time. It'll help  ;)
Oh sorry, you're the guy who doesn't care  ;D

I did, even the ex Liverpool commentator said he'd be raging if it was given against him. Listen I backed them so I'm happy enough they won, best team this year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea