Connacht Senior Championship 2018

Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

You can get Sligo at 9/1 best price so there's plenty of money to be made if they can pull off the win.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on May 28, 2018, 03:01:18 PM
You can get Sligo at 9/1 best price so there's plenty of money to be made if they can pull off the win.
Two reason why i wouldn't back Sligo.

1. Unlikely to produce a winning total against Galways blanket
2. Will concede a big score themselves as they will struggle to contain the Galway forward line.

galwayman

Jaysus 9/1 in a two horse race. They were heavy underdogs in 2012 also.
Did ye see the state of the Pearse Stadium pitch yesterday?
It's in terrible shape and won't be any better next weekend.

Orchard park

Itchy

I hear Sligo beat Mayo in a behind closed doors secret game last week.

SLIGONIAN

McStay comments in the indo, "We are in the Connacht final, we have the home venue. It will be played in the Hyde. I have no doubt it will.

"We'll certainly be turning up in the Hyde. I hope someone else is there to meet us on the day and we'd be very, very absolute about that. We'll be there and let's see."

If Sligo win on Sunday lets hope McStay is a man of his word 8) Id take a default Connacht title ;D.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Blowitupref

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 28, 2018, 08:32:49 PM
McStay comments in the indo, "We are in the Connacht final, we have the home venue. It will be played in the Hyde. I have no doubt it will.

"We'll certainly be turning up in the Hyde. I hope someone else is there to meet us on the day and we'd be very, very absolute about that. We'll be there and let's see."

If Sligo win on Sunday lets hope McStay is a man of his word 8) Id take a default Connacht title ;D.
Not sure if the Indo has it but i seen the full interview, he also said unless if Sligo win then they will be going to Castlebar for the final.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

If Galway win the final wI'll be in the Hyde 100%.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 28, 2018, 08:37:03 PM

Not sure if the Indo has it but i seen the full interview, he also said unless if Sligo win then they will be going to Castlebar for the final.
I know its taken out of context for sure, the Indo article has no mention of Sligo but honestly everyone in Roscommon privately are planning for Galway including McStay.

Syferus

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 28, 2018, 08:41:01 PM

I know its taken out of context for sure, the Indo article has no mention of Sligo but honestly everyone in Roscommon privately are planning for Galway including McStay.

McStay literally prefaced what he said by saying people are overlooking Sligo. After the last few years anything can happen and Galway are far from infallible. Our goal is to make the Super 8s and it doesn't really matter who we have to beat to get there. I'd prefer it to be Sligo, though.

Blowitupref

Can you sell a upset to me for this Sunday in Salthill? Sligo will probably need goals to win and Galway have conceded just one goal all year and in NFL or championship only Dublin so far this year have beaten them.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 28, 2018, 08:47:29 PM

Can you sell a upset to me for this Sunday in Salthill? Sligo will probably need goals to win and Galway have conceded just one goal all year and in NFL or championship only Dublin so far this year have beaten them.
Sligo to win by 2pts and save everyone the hassle of worrying about the Hyde, Sligo scored 3 goals against Derry when facing relegation in the face, we got this.. 8)

mouview

Quote from: galwayman on May 28, 2018, 04:12:57 PM

Pitch was fine. Bare maybe but perfectly firm and playable. Less likely to have an impact on a big ball game than hurling.

Syferus

Quote from: mouview on May 28, 2018, 11:46:58 PM
Quote from: galwayman on May 28, 2018, 04:12:57 PM

Pitch was fine. Bare maybe but perfectly firm and playable. Less likely to have an impact on a big ball game than hurling.

Given the way both games are played a bad surface effects football more than hurling. McHale's sand dunes were firm too..