Eighth Amendment poll

Started by Farrandeelin, May 01, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you in favour of repealing the 8th amendment?

Yes
47 (21.8%)
Yes but have no vote
73 (33.8%)
No
40 (18.5%)
No but have no vote
36 (16.7%)
Undecided
20 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 216

Voting closed: May 24, 2018, 03:36:55 PM

Rudi

So your vote is a rebellion against old Ireland and has nothing to do with the slaughter of innocents. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Rudi on May 25, 2018, 02:28:59 PM
So your vote is a rebellion against old Ireland and has nothing to do with the slaughter of innocents. Two wrongs don't make a right.
The new Ireland his ilk seem intent on imposing on us isn't looking too wonderful a society either.

Heading off home to vote No later. As with last time I don't expect to be on the winning side but my conscience is clear.

Hardy

Quote from: sid waddell on May 25, 2018, 02:08:14 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 25, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 25, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
Hey whitey - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You'll wear out the z on my keyboard yet if you keep posting such drivel, you know.

Haha.....keep it up

There was a hidden Brexit vote and a hidden Trump vote exactly because of the antics and carry on of people like you. You even jump down the necks of anyone who agrees with you in principle but disagrees with you around the edges of the debate (like me).

I'm sure there's a hidden No vote too, but it won't be anywhere near big enough to tip the scale
There's a massive Yes vote today precisely because of the antics of backward, neanderthal far right pigs like you.

WHOW!

Rudi

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 25, 2018, 02:41:45 PM
The new Ireland his ilk seem intent on imposing on us isn't looking too wonderful a society either.

Heading off home to vote No later. As with last time I don't expect to be on the winning side but my conscience is clear.

+1

whitey

Quote from: Hardy on May 25, 2018, 02:51:44 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 25, 2018, 02:08:14 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 25, 2018, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on May 25, 2018, 01:34:31 PM
Hey whitey - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You'll wear out the z on my keyboard yet if you keep posting such drivel, you know.

Haha.....keep it up

There was a hidden Brexit vote and a hidden Trump vote exactly because of the antics and carry on of people like you. You even jump down the necks of anyone who agrees with you in principle but disagrees with you around the edges of the debate (like me).

I'm sure there's a hidden No vote too, but it won't be anywhere near big enough to tip the scale
There's a massive Yes vote today precisely because of the antics of backward, neanderthal far right pigs like you.

WHOW!

LOL-You know hes rattled when he starts throwing out insults

(Just saw on Facebook that in my hometown the Together for Yes Campaign have surrounded a No supporter with signs and arrows  pointed at him because the has the audacity to stand in the Square holding a NO sign.  They're even calling out for reinforcements now)

screenexile

Yes are winning this aren't they??

AZOffaly

omaghjoe

I think a lot closer than the polls.

Im just sorta goin on the same sex marriage ref. A lot of people will be in the same camp as that but I think there will be a few cross overs mostly in the no direction but the big thing that struck me about that referendum was the turnout in the higher weighed Yes areas. For example Dublin constituencies were high were as rural areas were pretty low. The reason I think because there were a lot of apathetic voters/non-voters.

This would be a different issue completely that will motivate a lot of those voters to get out. For example myself if I had a vote I would probably not have voted in the marriage ref but if I had to vote on it I'd probably have voted yes. However I would be very firmly in the No camp on this one, I might be on my own of course and there isn't too many like me but I think there's more than a few and they will get out to vote. The Yes side are motivated too which will probably carry them over the line but I would not rule out a shock.

Also the polls were way out on the marriage referendum. A lot of them were over 50points in favour of Yes. You'd obviously think there would be adjustments made since that but still they were way out and the polls are much closer than that for this.

thebigfella

Quote from: Rudi on May 25, 2018, 03:09:40 PM

+1

No one imposing anything on people by repealing the 8th. Ultimately women will have a choice over their own bodies, they can choose to exercise it or not if the 8th is repealed AND legislation is passed.

Someones strangers private decision has no impact on you and no one is forcing you (or partner) to have an abortion.

screenexile

Quote from: thebigfella on May 25, 2018, 04:33:37 PM

+1

No one imposing anything on people by repealing the 8th. Ultimately women will have a choice over their own bodies, they can choose to exercise it or not if the 8th is repealed AND legislation is passed.

Someones strangers private decision has no impact on you and no one is forcing you (or partner) to have an abortion.

Yeah I don't get that . . . we heard at the time about all these people whose marriage would be "demeaned" if same sex marriage was legalised.

I've yet to hear that term used since the referendum!!

Syferus

Eh? Who can honestly say Ireland was better twenty years ago, in any way apart from maybe GAA IC parity? Of all the countries on Earth ours has changed so obviously in positive ways in the last two decades that the sort of nostalgia for the past you're peddling is both fascinating and the reasoning impossible to grasp in any objective way.

Also, to call a vote where the Yes side has a 29 point advantage in the final poll and is likely to win the popular vote in the region of ten percentage points 'imposing' anything shows an incredible level of contempt for the democratic process.

omaghjoe

+1

The Kinahan and Hutch gangs murdering each other has no direct impact on anyone either, they all seem willing to partake in the madness, so should we all just fence of an area and let them at it?

AZOffaly

Quote from: omaghjoe on May 25, 2018, 04:48:07 PM

+1

The Kinahan and Hutch gangs murdering each other has no direct impact on anyone either, they all seem willing to partake in the madness, so should we all just fence of an area and let them at it?

I'd actually be in favour of that! And then arrest the winners.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 25, 2018, 04:48:39 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on May 25, 2018, 04:48:07 PM

+1

I'd actually be in favour of that! And then arrest the winners.

I wouldn't say to a sort of Running Man game show.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Syferus on May 25, 2018, 04:46:04 PM

Eh? Who can honestly say Ireland was better twenty years ago, in any way apart from maybe GAA IC parity? Of all the countries on Earth ours has changed so obviously in positive ways in the last two decades that the sort of nostalgia for the past you're peddling is both fascinating and the reasoning impossible to grasp in any objective way.

Also, to call a vote where the Yes side has a 29 point advantage in the final poll and is likely to win the popular vote in the region of ten percentage points 'imposing' anything shows an incredible level of contempt for the democratic process.

The homeless population might have something to say about that

You do get how democracy works right.... 50% +1? Just ask the nationalist population in the north if they feel like anything was imposed on them by democracy