Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Rossfan

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 791
31
GAA Discussion / Re: the future of the Intercounty game
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:59:43 PM »
More interesting for players who play in a competition they have a decent chance of winning and progressing to a higher level.
Like St Brigids B and Michael Glaveys.

How does the present  I C  All Ireland system improve football?

32
General discussion / Re: A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:36:12 PM »
Of course no Unionist wants a UI.
If they did they wouldn't be Unionists.

33
General discussion / Re: The Palestine thread
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:24:21 PM »
Catholicism?

34
GAA Discussion / Re: the future of the Intercounty game
« on: December 07, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »
Ok.
3 Competitions with teams of similar standard would make things more interesting at least.

How is the present system improving football?

35
General discussion / Re: A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:05:40 PM »
Tony , Unionists are no longer a majority.
That free second level education was imposed on the screaming kicking Unionist Stormont because they knew it would turn out a crowd of well educated Fenians who would see how rotten things were.
The Irish Government have no official say on a Referendum in the North.
Gift of the British Secretary of State for the 6 Cos.

36
GAA Discussion / Re: the future of the Intercounty game
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:20:03 PM »
I have a chance of winning.
Carlow and around 20 other Counties have no chance of Sam.
Ballinameen aren't in the same championship as St Brigids.
They try just as hard to win the JFC as Brids do to win the Senior.
They have a chance of winning the JFC,  they will NEVER win the SFC unless oil is discovered around Tartan or Dooneen....
In 65 years only 2 small (under 100,000) counties have reached AIFS.
Ros 1962 and 1980 and Offaly who had a golden age of 22 years with 6 finals - last one  35 years ago.
No one under 45 can really remember a small County reaching an AI Final.

37
General discussion / Re: Ireland's Greatest Sporting Moment RTE 2
« on: December 07, 2017, 07:04:36 PM »
I believe the last 4 are Italia 90 and Germany 1988 from Soccery stuff
Harrington from golf and a fkn friendly rubby match

38
General discussion / Re: The Palestine thread
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »
I presume the next step is to declare "GrossIsrael" as one State taking in all of the West Bank.

39
General discussion / Re: Brexit.
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:19 PM »
Listening to Gorman all week one would think the DUPUDA were the Government of the North and had about 60% of the population behind them.
Don't think there was a single word with SF, UUP, SDLP or Alliance.

40
GAA Discussion / Re: the future of the Intercounty game
« on: December 07, 2017, 06:40:25 PM »
Quote from: OgraAnDun link=topic=28276.msg1760355#msg1760355 date=151 Their supporters had the hope of being two wins and a lucky draw away from an AIQF as well.
[/quote
Are and I was only 2 numbers away from the Lotto jackpot....

41
General discussion / Re: Ireland's Greatest Sporting Moment RTE 2
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:23:57 PM »
It's RTÉ so it'll  be a rubby game that wins - probably the time we bailed out the homeless IRFU by letting them play England in Croke Pk.
They seem to have an obsession with that in Dublin 4.

PS - haven't watched any of this thing and have no intention of doing so

42
GAA Discussion / Re: the future of the Intercounty game
« on: December 07, 2017, 04:15:27 PM »
Any thoughts on how to increase interest then?

43
GAA Discussion / Re: the future of the Intercounty game
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
When was serious hurling not confined to 9 counties?
You'd think Wicklow, Ros etc were competing for Liam McCarthy for years until the tiers were brought in.
Not much "football ambition" in around 20 Counties as it stands.
See Derry where players are not interested in playing for the County.
Wasn't much media coverage of the Carlow v London Qualifier game last Summer.

44
GAA Discussion / Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« on: December 07, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »
Id say that figure wouldn't be far out for western Counties anyway.
Some form of Central grant should be available right enough.

45
General discussion / Re: Brexit.
« on: December 07, 2017, 09:48:50 AM »
As far as I recall DUPUDA hit 36% of the vote in the Westminster Election. Time the other 64% spoke up.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 791