Laois Today

Started by From the Terrace, December 24, 2023, 09:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Terrace

Incorrect teams, incorrect scorers, incorrect game information, also notice a biase for some teams & against other teams.

Laois today are also pro county board.

They were a breath of fresh air when they first on the scene.

Views?

Heshs Umpire

The local sports media landscape would be a lot poorer without Laois Today.
The Leinster Express has declined badly in recent years and the Laois Nationalist is patchy enough too.
The Laois GAA website isn't great but their Facebook is decent enough and I believe their Twitter/X is good too (I'm blocked myself😀).
I think Laois Today is the least of of our problems.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

From the Terrace

I agree on the leinster express, I don't know much on the nationalist tbh.
Is journalism not to question inaccuracies not go along with the status quo to me they go along with county board not to ruffle feathers.
Obviously the current slump in Laois gaa is not them.
I'm 40 & last years laois team is the worst I can remember.

Downtheroad

Don't agree with Laoistoday on lots of things but overall they do a decent job. I fear what it would be like without them as the dearth of coverage in the traditional media is a concern. A lot of inaccuracies stem from the clubs such as players wearing the wrong numbers which is a frequent issue at club games. I think it is a bit rich blaming Laoistoday for not calling out the County board considering we have over 40 clubs who fail to do so every year at convention.

Considering the various subscriptions, I reckon the €6.99 spent on Loaistoday is probably one of my better ones.     

From the Terrace

Clubs are getting it harder & harder to get people to give up their spare time to become officers.
I think it's on everyone in Laois to do something about it.
I'd be fairly sure there is a consensus that laois gaa is at an all time low, No leinster title of any description in years.

Blueforever

My first match to watch my beloved country was the Leinster final v Longford in 1968 and have missed very few championship matches and qualifiers in both hurling and football since and I go to nearly all  minor and Under 21 championship matches as well and as a previous poster stated I have never seen the Country as low. The country board have to take some responsibility that after 140 years we are at this juncture. When I read the progress that Portlaois CBS has madeinRugby a sport I quiet like it fills me with dismay The country board should have stepped in to both Portlaoise and Mountmellick when they saw that they were not able to promote Gaa in the 2 biggest towns in the country in Kilkenny city there is 3 senior hurling teams that would beat the likes of Laois and teams of the same ability this does not happen. By accident and unless Country Board does not act in these areas of population nothing in the country will change

The Saint

Just to bring it back on topic, I think we'd be lost without Laois Today, such is the poor fare on offer from all other outlets. Laois Today cover a hell of a lot of games, make a good fist of the Ladies football and Camogie, and I never found them too far wrong with accuracy of results or match reports. Their podcasts were decent, and good craic, in the build up to finals this year and all in all I don't think you'd get better for a relatively small sum of €7 a month.

From the Terrace

The laois today match blogs are handy to keep an eye on matches, laois gaa twitter also do a lot of games.
Not mad on the podcasts tbh.
I read the Offaly express now & them - there coverage on games is very good.
All in all - Laois Today are better than nothing.
Just like to see them challenge the county board more! everyone has to push to create change.
€7 a month is a non-issue for me.

Saint 1963

I've always thought Laois Today were doing a fine job but their failure to cover a fairly significant story pertaining to Laois GAA in early December has led me to reassess, given that the story made it into the national newspapers and was front page headline news on the Laois Nationalist!
 One wonders!🤔

Laois man

Are laois today covering the games the next 2 nights?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Saint 1963 on January 03, 2024, 12:16:57 AMI've always thought Laois Today were doing a fine job but their failure to cover a fairly significant story pertaining to Laois GAA in early December has led me to reassess, given that the story made it into the national newspapers and was front page headline news on the Laois Nationalist!
 One wonders!🤔
Maybe its my age but I missed that story myself. Could you enlighten me please...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

les Antiques

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on January 10, 2024, 04:42:12 PM
Quote from: Saint 1963 on January 03, 2024, 12:16:57 AMI've always thought Laois Today were doing a fine job but their failure to cover a fairly significant story pertaining to Laois GAA in early December has led me to reassess, given that the story made it into the national newspapers and was front page headline news on the Laois Nationalist!
 One wonders!🤔
Maybe its my age but I missed that story myself. Could you enlighten me please...

I'm presuming Saint is referring to an incident that took place at a minor match between Portarlington and Stradbally .

Unlaoised

Not the worst value for money .

If we hadn't got them we would have no coverage
LAOIS ABÚ