What are you doing for Lent?

Started by BennyCake, February 26, 2020, 04:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

So, now that we are in Lent, what is everyone abstaining from?

Eamonnca1

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on February 26, 2020, 04:17:17 PM

Replying to your posts.

D'oh!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: BennyCake on February 26, 2020, 04:17:17 PM

I'm going off getting viruses.
i usse an speelchekor

thejuice

I usually go off chocolate but I've not given any thought this year. Perhaps I'll start it a bit late.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Farrandeelin

All sweet treats. Today was tough as there's a lot of biscuits in the press.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rois

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 26, 2020, 09:56:55 PM
Same, and add crisps to that. There'll be free Creme Eggs in the reception of my office building soon - hard to resist, but the stock-pile is worth it.

armaghniac

Quote from: Rois on February 26, 2020, 10:40:06 PM
Same, and add crisps to that. There'll be free Creme Eggs in the reception of my office building soon - hard to resist, but the stock-pile is worth it.

Get one each day and eat it on Paddy's day.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2020, 11:49:32 PM

Ach that's a cop out. I don't remember hearing about Jesus taking a break from fasting in the desert, to come into town for a Creme Egg on St Patrick's Day.

AFM

Quote from: BennyCake on February 27, 2020, 01:31:08 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on February 26, 2020, 11:49:32 PM

Ach that's a cop out. I don't remember hearing about Jesus taking a break from fasting in the desert, to come into town for a Creme Egg on St Patrick's Day.

St Patrick's Day didn't exist back then, nor did Creme Eggs, shit Easter hadn't even had a run out yet.  ;D

AFM

For the 30th Year I am going give going off cabbage a go.

brokencrossbar1

We all know that 1 day during his fast Jesus called his mate Paddy over for the sesh. This is irrefutable as there's no evidence to say it didn't happen and that's where the St Paddy's Day Sesh tradition began and why Irish people can break lent ....ipso facto up your bum

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 27, 2020, 08:25:24 AM
We all know that 1 day during his fast Jesus called his mate Paddy over for the sesh. This is irrefutable as there's no evidence to say it didn't happen and that's where the St Paddy's Day Sesh tradition began and why Irish people can break lent ....ipso facto up your bum

Those seshes where abolished during the reformation and never returned. Jesus lost his zest for fun and went all business. These days for spiritual presence he demands rates as high as 26% ask Jeff Right.

Anyway I'm off chocolate digestives which are more addictive than cocaine or meth especially when someone brings tea into the frey. I could hoover up half a packet in one sitting when a brew is introduced so wish me luck. If anyone hears of any Mc Vitie  addiction groups in the north Antrim area let me know.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets