Catholics make up 78% of free state population.👍👍👍

Started by T Fearon, April 06, 2017, 09:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vallankumous

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 24, 2017, 07:27:23 PM

Haha! You think I have nothing better to do than try to set out to offend people? My choice of words is an accurate picture of how I interpret these ancient texts. I could refer to the invisible man in the sky as "almighty holy and merciful God" but it wouldn't be an accurate description of how I view that character. If you choose to be offended by it than that's your business.

No, I don't think that. And I didn't choose to be offended. Is your argument not strong enough to defend without the need to insert a new argument and defend it instead?
I said i'm ok with your interpretation of the text. I somewhat agree.

T Fearon

Was in Derry today and was delighted to see that Ex Meath Manager Sean Boylan will be speaking about his devout catholic faith at a special Novena next Monday.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 01, 2017, 07:42:55 PM
Was in Derry today and was delighted to see that Ex Meath Manager Sean Boylan will be speaking about his devout catholic faith at a special Novena next Monday.
sure didn't he marry a nun
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Wasn't much Christianity in the teams he sent out.
A case of do it unto others and keep doing it till they're carried off.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

T Fearon

There are many in the GAA with a strong Catholic Faith.This is good to see and to observe men like Boylan and Harte publicly proclaim their faith with confidence and devoid of any fear.

Eamonnca1

Ha! "Devoid of any fear," eh? No fear of hellfire and damnation?

Rossfan

Indeed Tony, and there are many of no faith at all and there are people of other faiths and other Christian denominations.

Ad a matter of interest would diving to win a free be against Catholicism?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: T Fearon on May 01, 2017, 10:40:24 PM
There are many in the GAA with a strong Catholic Faith.This is good to see and to observe men like Boylan and Harte publicly proclaim their faith with confidence and devoid of any fear.

Yes, they're really sticking their necks out there! ;D

Eamonnca1

Indeed. How brave of them to go along with what everyone else around them is doing.  ::)

T Fearon

Sean Boylan is making a fairly long journey up to Derry,presumably because he feels strongly that he should give testament to his catholic faith,and how it impacts upon his life.This is admirable in this day and age

seafoid

Is it possible to be a catholic without a child of Prague statue in the garden ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: Rossfan on May 01, 2017, 11:20:17 PM
Indeed Tony, and there are many of no faith at all and there are people of other faiths and other Christian denominations.

Ad a matter of interest would diving to win a free be against Catholicism?

Yes.

Or the other less talked about commandnent: Thou shalt not fall down like a big cissy after having thy hair ruffled.

Hardy

Quote from: Rossfan on May 01, 2017, 08:51:30 PM
Wasn't much Christianity in the teams he sent out.
A case of do it unto others and keep doing it till they're carried off.

The bible is very strong on smiting. We decided we could praise the Lord with lots of smiting.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: T Fearon on May 02, 2017, 07:41:34 AM
Sean Boylan is making a fairly long journey up to Derry,presumably because he feels strongly that he should give testament to his catholic faith,and how it impacts upon his life.This is admirable in this day and age

Fairly long? Thats a stretch... Belfast to Cork is 4.30 hours ffs....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea