Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Western Blue

Is Jonny Cavan Man  ( Seanie Johnston) still living in Cavan Town. He does not appear to be getting any game time with Kildare so far after 3 matches. When does the transfer window close, we might have him back?

rodney trotter

Sure people can still read it Itchy. Not everyone wanted to see Johnston gone, he was a good player for Cavan whatever about his attitude.

Celt_Man

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 16, 2013, 05:03:30 PM
Sure people can still read it Itchy. Not everyone wanted to see Johnston gone, he was a good player for Cavan whatever about his attitude.

+1
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 15, 2013, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 15, 2013, 05:26:13 PM
As far as i know Ballymachugh have also moved up to Intermediate.

Thats means that Cornafean, Mountnugent and Balllymachugh are moving up having failed to win the Junior championship.

Anyone have any views on this i think its totally wrong.

Apologies for getting some teams wrong i didnt write them down and its hard to remember then all.

Are they having a laugh or what... It was known before the start of the League last year that the teams who were going to be relagated in Division 1 League would also be losing their place in the Senior Championship. Denn beat Drumgoon in a relegation/promotion play off and that counts for nothing now.

They have just thrown the idea out the window and felt the wrat of a few clubs not happy about what was happening, and now it has gone into a comedy show.

The clubs have spoken Rodney and democracy has won. The County Board finally engaged with the clubs instead of trying to railroad through changes based on a Fermanagh man's opinion. Whatever comes out of it all at least the County Board have received by and large the opinions of the people that matter in Cavan GAA, the club officers, players and members.
As Tommy mentioned earlier they have now given the clubs further opportunity to engage and influence how the Championships should be run. Assuming that you are a club member you can have an input into that if you want to.

Itchy

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 16, 2013, 05:14:56 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 16, 2013, 05:03:30 PM

+1

I'm sure there are some that wanted to see him stay but I think it is a good thing and I hope he never comes back. One question, why is he not playing with Cavan this year?

rodney trotter

What would be the point of going through 6 months waiting for the transfer to go through with Kildare ,and then go back to Cavan after bearly playing for Kildare.

McGeeney is another reason, his final year with Kildare. Jason Ryan is there this year as selector, and he will probaly replace McGeeney next year.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 16, 2013, 06:12:04 PM
What would be the point of going through 6 months waiting for the transfer to go through with Kildare ,and then go back to Cavan after bearly playing for Kildare.

McGeeney is another reason, his final year with Kildare. Jason Ryan is there this year as selector, and he will probaly replace McGeeney next year.
That's correct. But the reasons he gave for leaving no longer exist so the only thing keeping him there is the notion he'll win something. Tells me all I need to know about him.

rodney trotter

Quote from: Western Blue on January 16, 2013, 04:47:32 PM
Is Jonny Cavan Man  ( Seanie Johnston) still living in Cavan Town. He does not appear to be getting any game time with Kildare so far after 3 matches. When does the transfer window close, we might have him back?

He has been out with a calf injury since xmass, saw that in another piece in the indo.

rodney trotter

Quote from: boojangles on January 16, 2013, 05:57:17 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on January 15, 2013, 05:56:44 PM
Quote from: tommysmith on January 15, 2013, 05:26:13 PM
As far as i know Ballymachugh have also moved up to Intermediate.

Thats means that Cornafean, Mountnugent and Balllymachugh are moving up having failed to win the Junior championship.

Anyone have any views on this i think its totally wrong.

Apologies for getting some teams wrong i didnt write them down and its hard to remember then all.

Are they having a laugh or what... It was known before the start of the League last year that the teams who were going to be relagated in Division 1 League would also be losing their place in the Senior Championship. Denn beat Drumgoon in a relegation/promotion play off and that counts for nothing now.

They have just thrown the idea out the window and felt the wrat of a few clubs not happy about what was happening, and now it has gone into a comedy show.

The clubs have spoken Rodney and democracy has won. The County Board finally engaged with the clubs instead of trying to railroad through changes based on a Fermanagh man's opinion. Whatever comes out of it all at least the County Board have received by and large the opinions of the people that matter in Cavan GAA, the club officers, players and members.
As Tommy mentioned earlier they have now given the clubs further opportunity to engage and influence how the Championships should be run. Assuming that you are a club member you can have an input into that if you want to.

It will be interesting. Drumalee would be capable of beating a lot of Division 1A sides, probaly were a good bit under strength last year like a few clubs, emmigration etc. Hopefully it works out, no point changing it again at this stage.

rodney trotter

For the record Itchy,because Terry is now Cavan manager doesn't mean anything.
Johnston put in the transfer to Kildare in December 2011,obviously when Andrews was still manager, he was then training with St Kevins and Kildare and was at all the Kildare league games. Obviously couldn't tog out as the transfer still hadn't gone through.

He wasn't just going to decide to go back to Cavan in May after being involved with Kildare from December. Andrews getting the sack made no difference he was set on playing with Kildare. Good luck to him.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 18, 2013, 12:23:02 PM
For the record Itchy,because Terry is now Cavan manager doesn't mean anything.
Johnston put in the transfer to Kildare in December 2011,obviously when Andrews was still manager, he was then training with St Kevins and Kildare and was at all the Kildare league games. Obviously couldn't tog out as the transfer still hadn't gone through.

He wasn't just going to decide to go back to Cavan in May after being involved with Kildare from December. Andrews getting the sack made no difference he was set on playing with Kildare. Good luck to him.

I know all that Rodney. However, if he really loved his county and he really left as he was told by a former manager that he wasn't going to play for Cavan again then he could have decided to transfer back quite easily (since he works and lives in Cavan). Terry Hyland is on record as saying he would consider him for selection. Where there is a will there is a way, where  there is no will then there is no way. I suppose if you believe Sean Johnstons reasons for leaving then fair enough. I believe he left to chase success elsewhere and like I said that's all I need to know about it to be glad he is no longer a Cavan player. Anyway - I think there is nothing to be gained by discussing on here in a Cavan thread.

rodney trotter

I know there isn't yeah, just replied to that Question you asked, about why he why he wasn't playing this year with Cavan.

Just pasted the link from the indo to give people who might have wanted Johnston to stay etc, to have a look at it, thats all.

Good luck to the u21's against Longford.

s__words

Don't forget that there were a few other lads at the time who also 'weren't wanted' but are now on the county panel.One actually played against SJ last summer, think this tells you all you need to know about SJ's reasons for leaving.

rodney trotter

Quote from: s__words on January 18, 2013, 11:34:07 PM
Don't forget that there were a few other lads at the time who also 'weren't wanted' but are now on the county panel.One actually played against SJ last summer, think this tells you all you need to know about SJ's reasons for leaving.

Sheridan,Mackey,Lyng,Nesty,Cahill and Johnston were the 6 dropped by Andrews, Johnston wouldn't have played against any of them last summer. As none were on the panel.

Westside

So what's the verdict from the loss to Longford? I wasn't at the game so I can't really comment but I can't imagine the U21 team of the past 2 years letting go a 5 point lead with 10 minutes left. Do people think Peter knows his best team? A lot of chopping and changing going on so far. It's early days of course but hopefully the team will learn from this defeat. There's a lot of talent in this team and they will have realistic expectations of another Ulster Final. Need to take it one game at a time though.