Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

All you hear is league means nothing, then nxt thingy is, oh we beaten this team how many times recently in the league. Make your mind up.

statto

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 27, 2023, 06:25:15 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 27, 2023, 12:04:40 AM
Controversial opinion. Seanie Shea (as they like to call him) is hugely over rated (from open play). Tyrone will shut him down fairly easily. As for the other lad....where do ye even start!

Not at all controversial. He wouldn't get on the Tyrone team.
The way McGeary has played since he got poty he absolutely would get a place in the Tyrone half forward line. 

WT4E

Quote from: statto on June 27, 2023, 09:00:22 AM
Controversial opinion. Seanie Shea (as they like to call him) is hugely over rated (from open play). Tyrone will shut him down fairly easily. As for the other lad....where do ye even start!

The way McGeary has played since he got poty he absolutely would get a place in the Tyrone half forward line.

Would agree on McGeary til last day out. Noticed a marked improvement in him against Donegal - maybe finding form at the right time?

Was totally down about the whole thing after Westmeath game but now feeling confident enough. Amazing what a week can do.

blanketattack

The loser of this game should be cheering on the winner to go on and win the All-Ireland.
The 4 times Tyrone won the All-Ireland, Kerry won the following year.
The last time Kerry won 2 in a row, Tyrone won the following year and their 2 in a row before that, Tyrone went 7 pts up in the following final, albeit ended up losing by 8, however I'm sure if Tyrone went 7 pts up in the 2024 final they'd go on to win it, plus if they were awarded a penalty they wouldn't take their point.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: blanketattack on June 27, 2023, 09:28:36 AM
The loser of this game should be cheering on the winner to go on and win the All-Ireland.
The 4 times Tyrone won the All-Ireland, Kerry won the following year.
The last time Kerry won 2 in a row, Tyrone won the following year and their 2 in a row before that, Tyrone went 7 pts up in the following final, albeit ended up losing by 8, however I'm sure if Tyrone went 7 pts up in the 2024 final they'd go on to win it, plus if they were awarded a penalty they wouldn't take their point.

wtf are you on about?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

statto

Quote from: WT4E on June 27, 2023, 09:10:22 AM
Quote from: statto on June 27, 2023, 09:00:22 AM

Would agree on McGeary til last day out. Noticed a marked improvement in him against Donegal - maybe finding form at the right time?

Was totally down about the whole thing after Westmeath game but now feeling confident enough. Amazing what a week can do.

Tyrone certainly produced their best performance to date at the weekend, Donegal were awful I thought though.  Kerry intensity was noticeably improved the last day out too and will probably have to go up a few levels again at the weekend. 

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 27, 2023, 08:57:30 AM
All you hear is league means nothing, then nxt thingy is, oh we beaten this team how many times recently in the league. Make your mind up.

You hear this nonsense of the league not mattering every year at this stage. Yet its six 2024 Division 1 and 2 Divison 2 teams in the quarter finals. Funny that.
If teams don't try in the league then Kerry should be worried that Tyrone beat them without trying.

seafoid

2 flawed teams. Neither has really got going this year.

rrhf

blanketattack

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 26, 2023, 07:52:47 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on June 26, 2023, 07:41:27 PM
Nine times out of ten Kerry would have won that match in 2021 but everything fell Tyrone's way on the day and fair play to them for capitalising. But they've produced nothing since then to back it up. Man for man Kerry are much superior to Tyrone and I actually think they will win this very comfortably as Tyrone are not great in defence.

Have beaten Kerry twice in the league since that 2021 championship meeting. In March against a full strength Kerry 1-15 to 2-8
And last year in Killarney 1-15 to 2-11 the only league or championship defeat Kerry had in 2022.

The game that was a dead rubber for Kerry where they rested lots of players and had the league final the following week, and that's somehow supposed to play a factor?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: blanketattack on June 27, 2023, 10:37:54 AM
Nine times out of ten Kerry would have won that match in 2021 but everything fell Tyrone's way on the day and fair play to them for capitalising. But they've produced nothing since then to back it up. Man for man Kerry are much superior to Tyrone and I actually think they will win this very comfortably as Tyrone are not great in defence.

Have beaten Kerry twice in the league since that 2021 championship meeting. In March against a full strength Kerry 1-15 to 2-8
And last year in Killarney 1-15 to 2-11 the only league or championship defeat Kerry had in 2022.

The game that was a dead rubber for Kerry where they rested lots of players and had the league final the following week, and that's somehow supposed to play a factor?

It'll play no factor but that's not exactly right about resting lots of players. They were happy to relegate Tyrone and 9 outfield starters from the All Ireland final started the match (including Clifford) and another three came of the bench.

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on June 27, 2023, 10:27:34 AM

By that rationale who isn't flawed?

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 27, 2023, 10:50:13 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 27, 2023, 10:27:34 AM

By that rationale who isn't flawed?
Nobody. That's the beauty of it. Following  6 years of Dublin the championship is really open this year

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: kickingmule on June 27, 2023, 12:39:58 AM
Thankfully Tyrone v Kerry game should be a cracker, I do believe in particular Tyrone bring a different dynamic and excitement of any the northern teams to croke pk, I wouldn't rate derry,Armagh too boring for my liking, mind ya monaghan can entertain and l would ove to see them have a cut.

No excitement in the Armagh v Galway game last year?

blanketattack

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 27, 2023, 10:42:33 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on June 27, 2023, 10:37:54 AM

It'll play no factor but that's not exactly right about resting lots of players. They were happy to relegate Tyrone and 9 outfield starters from the All Ireland final started the match (including Clifford) and another three came of the bench.

Rested 6 = lots.
You think Kerry would prefer to relegate Tyrone than Dublin???