AIQF Armagh v Monaghan

Started by tonto1888, June 26, 2023, 06:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: illdecide on June 28, 2023, 09:19:58 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 28, 2023, 08:19:18 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 28, 2023, 08:00:50 AM
I think a trainful of Armagh supporters on the way to a match in Dublin would make a great play. With every 5 minutes an inspirational snippet by Benny Durano followed by fast music. For about an hour. With the train breaking down in Dundalk. And then a Tyrone voice every 2 minutes pointing out the weaknesses on the rest of the  way to Dublin.

Boarding a train for Dublin at Newry, when it's early morning, you are stone cold sober and you find it full of the Portadown/Lurgan Buckfast brigade on full charge. It's the stuff of nightmares. It's that awful, they should use it for rehabilitating prisoners.

The Lurgan ones have to get drunk to travel thru Portydown and then to bare the smell of diesel in Newry when the South Armagh fuel launderers get on the train...

All winding/joking aside it can be awful on that train if you're beside or close to drunk teenagers shouting and getting on. I'm not much of a drinker and very rarely take a drink but my last experience on the trains last year was actually a pleasant one but we were lucky to be on a carriage with older ones enjoying a beer and a bit of Elvis singing even broke out but I have been on the opposite end of that standing for 2 hours on a train with bampots everywhere...mixed bag really.

That is really a crazy situation would drive me batshit crazy. Now in my 50's, I still like a pint as much as any man or woman. However, drinking before a game just never appealed to me, still doesn't.
I want all my faculties in place, and I have zero desire to be bursting to take a piss during a game.
When I was younger, we never did that, you were just so happy to get to a game, possibly the money was not around either, it was either have a few pints before or after.
As for booing at free takers, I also hate that, classless.

balladmaker

Have two tickets (one adult and one juvenile) for Saturday, Lower Cusack, section 305, row BB, going for face value ... anyone in need, please PM, thanks.

statto

See Translink have put on a few additional trains for the game now.  See a few doses crying about it on social media and claiming they can't get too Dublin if no train on.  Same people wouldn't watch a club game in back garden. 

Traffic will not be ideal, but in days gone by Armagh/Tyrone would be selling out Croker on their own and people where still able to attend the games.  As another poster said Armagh are very lucky to have access to the train where as other counties not as fortunate. 

5times5times

Quote from: statto on June 29, 2023, 11:21:06 AM
See Translink have put on a few additional trains for the game now.  See a few doses crying about it on social media and claiming they can't get too Dublin if no train on.  Same people wouldn't watch a club game in back garden. 

Traffic will not be ideal, but in days gone by Armagh/Tyrone would be selling out Croker on their own and people where still able to attend the games.  As another poster said Armagh are very lucky to have access to the train where as other counties not as fortunate.

Likely the same mummies that got 4+ tickets for her weins for Ulster Final having not been to a single league match all year, and crying cause they're "not covered".... True story

naka

Fair play to Translink
Kudos to them for stepping up
Traffic will be horrendous on Saturday .

Armaghtothebone

And the relevance of watching club games is what exactly?
Is their money somehow inferior? Am I some kind of second class fan because I don't watch club football?

No doubt there will be some for whom the train is the only option.
Just be thankful you're not one of them for whatever reason but try  hard not to be so condescending about it

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Armaghtothebone on June 29, 2023, 01:26:11 PM

Is their money somehow inferior? Am I some kind of second class fan because I don't watch club football?

[b]No doubt there will be some for whom the train is the only option. [/b]
Just be thankful you're not one of them for whatever reason but try  hard not to be so condescending about it

Have to say the amount of gurning from some Armagh ones on here and on Twitter and the sense of self-entitlement is unreal.

At least you have the option of a train - plenty of other counties with far fewer options to get to games.

statto

No doubt there will be some for whom the train is the only option.

If you are active in your own club and or watch club football would suggest that you are more interested in the sport rather than just going for a piss up or a day out.  (Not saying that you are one of these)  Some of the people I am referring too drive, so they are making out that as the train isn't available they can't go, when the real reason is they can't go cause they can't have a drink, but its translinks fault.  There are multiple buses in operation or drive to Banbridge and get the bus that goes every hour.  There are very few if any people that the train is the only option. 

statto

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 29, 2023, 01:41:24 PM

Have to say the amount of gurning from some Armagh ones on here and on Twitter and the sense of self-entitlement is unreal.

At least you have the option of a train - plenty of other counties with far fewer options to get to games.
Would agree with that.

trailer

Armagh Whingers.

1) Not enough tickets for the Ulster Final then complained about Clones
2) Rian is innocent! Its a conspiracy!
3) Move the Galway game (Only 6500 turned up IN TOTAL!
4) More trains needed. Nobody seems to be able to drive in Armagh!!

If there was an All Ireland in moaning they'd be perennial champions.

armaghniac

Quote from: trailer on June 29, 2023, 02:39:44 PM

Armagh Whingers.

1) Not enough tickets for the Ulster Final then complained about Clones
2) Rian is innocent! Its a conspiracy!
3) Move the Galway game (Only 6500 turned up IN TOTAL!
4) More trains needed. Nobody seems to be able to drive in Armagh!!

If there was an All Ireland in moaning they'd be perennial champions.

And the fĂșckers closed the railway line to Clones too.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

David McKeown

Starting to get excited for this one even if I wont get to see it due to holiday plans.  Game could go any way.  Armagh have only looked good in fit and starts this year but have looked very good in those periods (see Galway second half for example).  Even in the long periods of being very bad Armagh have been very hard to beat whilst Monaghan have been inconsistent when I have seen them. Very poor against Derry the first day but very good against both Tyrone and Derry in the other games.  Really going to come down to on the day I feel and who handles the pressure and the atmosphere best.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

illdecide

Why fans from other Counties stick their nose in every now and then into a thread that's nothing to do with their own County only to talk sh1te about not filling grounds and trains etc...get a life. I have seen a few of the ramblings about the trains and I think what a lot of people were getting at is Translink put a lot more Special Trains on for other events and were called out on this but for the GAA they were only offering the one train. If they have put more on then "Bravo". Armagh are no different to any other County...when they're going well you see people going to games that you'd never see at a club game or a County league game...It happens everywhere...just deal with it, no big shock there and the further they go in the competitions the worse it gets. If Armagh are lucky enough to win this weekend i'd imagine that'll be the end of the public sale and it'll be back to the clubs for another crying match from the people who aren't a member of clubs but went to all these games in February... ::)

As for the game...devastated i'm missing it and like David McKeown i'll be in transit on Holiday so won't see it or hear it. I'll have to rely on Twitter for updates...It'll be tight and wouldn't rule out another draw, both teams will be confident of a win and both teams will have their moments it's just who takes their chances. R O'Neill hopefully will deliver a big performance  and if he's tightly marked and doubled up on i hope the Armagh management have the sense to push up more and let the other Armagh forwards do their stuff if Rian is double marked...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

naka

Can there be penalties this weekend for any game ?

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: naka on June 29, 2023, 07:40:55 PM
Can there be penalties this weekend for any game ?

Yes, all games must have a result on the day.