The official Everton FC Supporters thread

Started by boojangles, January 06, 2009, 02:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Great point, good to fight back from losing twice and always good to get a last minute equaliser 😎
nil satis nisi optimum

manfromdelmonte

2 points dropped in the title race

United are so poor at the back and it was only Everton's poor defensive work that allowed the first two goals.

reillycavan

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on February 07, 2021, 12:28:23 AM

United are so poor at the back and it was only Everton's poor defensive work that allowed the first two goals.

I though everton won the league they were celebrating so much at final whistle.  ;D ;D ;D    Should have beaten a average man utd team.

RedHand88

Quote from: reillycavan on February 07, 2021, 12:57:57 AM

I though everton won the league they were celebrating so much at final whistle.  ;D ;D ;D    Should have beaten a average man utd team.

Don't forget there were mock ups of calvert-lewin with the trophy made in September.

reillycavan

Quote from: RedHand88 on February 07, 2021, 01:55:25 AM
Quote from: reillycavan on February 07, 2021, 12:57:57 AM

Don't forget there were mock ups of calvert-lewin with the trophy made in September.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mr. Nakata

Great fighting spirit from the toffees last night, after a shocking first half. So yellow, crab passing and always going back instead of trying to expose slab head and lindelof who are both shite and there to be attacked with pace. Always lovely scoring a big goal with the last kick of the game...a very satisfactory point secured. Some really big games coming up in the next few weeks including City and Liverpool, but the game against Fulham at Goodson is the one that could cause the most pain...given previous inexplicable defeats to the hammers and barcodes.

imtommygunn

Mf not tough enough is bottom line. Newcastle stuck the boot in and it worked. Some gifted ball players in there but without Allan not enough steel. Davies actually doing pretty well. For me Gomes, gylfi and Rodriguez definitely all can't play at once and tbh ideally two of them max should be there. Work rate just isn't good enough nor either tackling ability or desire.

SHEEDY

What a match, not good for the heart watching it though. The old Everton definitely would've lost that game. Great fighting spirit to see it out.
nil satis nisi optimum

Main Street

It was a ding dong, cup tie,  elegant input from Gylfi Sig.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on February 10, 2021, 11:06:20 PM
It was a ding dong, cup tie,  elegant input from Gylfi Sig.

FFS if it wasn't for corners Spurs would have been toothless, I was wondering if Harry Bassett or Joe Kinnear(again) were along the line for Spurs.

manfromdelmonte

Carlo was the calmest man in the ground.
He was dying for a hot cuppa

Dearg

Great to see Everton back competing and doing well.
A top class manager, a new stadium on the horizon and everything is looking good for Everton to be competing and hopefully winning for years to come.
Well done to the Toffees.

SHEEDY

There's been some poor results and performances over the past seasons and beyond but that tonight is as bad as anything served up in recent memory. Fulham were made to look like peak Barcelona, really poor performance.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

It is beginning to look to me that Rodriguez getting targeted too and teams getting away with it.

Dcl was missing but I fail to understand why there were so many changes. Why was the central defense as it was when Keane and Mina was working and why was Godfrey not full back.

Dearg

Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea in 3 of their next 4 games.
If they really have ambitions in getting Top 4 they need to win some of those games IMO.
As a matter of interest would Everton fans prefer to get Top 4 or win the FA Cup?