Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyroanAbu

Kearns thought he was cat, surprising me with Tipperary.

welcomehome

what a terrible day for laois football...unless a miracle ,we will be in divison 4 next year....I honestly  dont no what to say..what worries me more is dere indiscipline..they must have someone sent off in nearly every game...we have gone back so much which is frightening....

town1980

What a waste of money this management team is lads slated ballyroanabu,, he did predict a loss ,,,today I felt myself we would win this game  ii is f---ing Antrim lads.,,, I for one on this forum am calling for him to be replaced.,,, one win so far a game we shouldn't have won.. lost to Offaly in the u21 also.,,, nontactics plan fitness and players are openly saying the fitness levels are shite,,, peter time to go

Keyser Söze

TBH when you bring somebody in, give him free reign on how he wants to do things, allow him to bring an extensive backroom team of his own choosing AND pay him a lot of money, there must be certain expectations.
Some level of discipline and beating the likes of Antrim when you need a win would be among the most basic of these expectations.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Tony

Blame the manager and the setup all you want. We clearly don't have the ability. Joe Higgins, Malachy or Pat Roe are not going to change the fact that we're at a poor level at the moment with lots of injuries and some players playing well out of position. A new manager will not work miracles. Give it a break.

on the hop

Just back from the match, really poor quality game, spoiled by the wind. Both teams were equally as poor. Antrim didn't make as many mistakes as us. Firstly anything that could go wrong did, Kingston and attride went off early. Attride had to be carried off. Then o Connor's unforgivable sending off. We were really on the back foot. We conceded an awful goal when four backs ball watched and then messed up a high ball, leading to a soft goal. Conway who had been good was black carded and we had no threat up front. We had numerous chances but poor shooting, bad tackling and poor decisions cost us.

McMahon was the best of the backs and carried a lot of ball. The rest of the backs handled a lot of ball but didn't do their primary job marking. John was good and was fouled consistently. With no out ball in the forwards, he often went lateral and handled it to long. Conway in the forwards ploughed a lone furrow. Evan came on and started great but faded badly. He was stretching his leg just before he kicked an awful free wide. The league doesn't lie, that is our standard. On the way home their was a piece about Offaly football on the radio, you could put us instead of them. We don't have the players or the money to attract a top manager. You can blame creedon for some things but not For what Some of the players did today.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Tony on March 19, 2017, 06:53:51 PM
Blame the manager and the setup all you want. We clearly don't have the ability. Joe Higgins, Malachy or Pat Roe are not going to change the fact that we're at a poor level at the moment with lots of injuries and some players playing well out of position. A new manager will not work miracles. Give it a break.

And a man being paid handsomely (and most likely tax free) is in a position where people are entitled to ask questions of him.
Players being sent off game after game after game reflects extremely poorly on a manager (as well as the players involved).

on the hop

You cannt blame the manager for what O'Connor did. Both himself and his marker were booked, before play started again he kept niggling and threw a dig. This was right in front of the linesman. The fact that everybody was telling him beforehand to walk away made it even worst. Serious case of red mist but it cost us badly

BallyroanAbu

Peter Creedon term as Laois Manager is a unmitigated disaster, we will all hear at the convention that football side of things is coming along nicely.   At the moment this county is as low as it has been in 30 years.  This is costing money and interest and yet I am the fool,   I really am sick of people on here saying Clancy, McNulty and Higgins would be dreadful how do you f...king know if you don't try them.  They could not do any worse than the last 3 managers who were complete jokes.  If this keeps up we will be like Carlow before long.  There is nothing wrong with the talent level in Laois.  The ones who jumped down my throat for saying Jim McGuinness would be my dream manager,  how else can we get Laois's equivalent of Jim McGuinness if we don't go with young passionate Laois Men as County Managers because I am 100% sure the muppets we are hiring would not be fit to lace any of their boots.  All that a county that Laois can attract from outside the county with the resources we have are clowns we have a better chance of getting someone with abit about them from inside the county and because of their passion for Laois Football would take the job. 

Keyser Söze

Quote from: on the hop on March 19, 2017, 07:04:44 PM
You cannt blame the manager for what O'Connor did.

When different players are being sent off game after game, does this issue ever become a management issue?

Tony

Get real lads. You're fooling yourselves. Sacking a manager after a few games in the league would not attract a good manager, believe me. Open your eyes. The players are trying hard but the ability isn't there. Ross has been some servant but is past it, the fact that he was on today shows you we're struggling. We're carrying a lot of players who try hard but are not up to standard. We should have won that game today, the sending off has cost us dearly. Do you think Creedon encouraged that sending off? Reality check needed.

We haven't had a good season in years. You're talking like we're constantly top of our league and challenging in the championship. The reality is we're nowhere near that and have not been so for years. We've been struggling in the league for the past 10 years with the odd exception and our championship form is similar - we've been awful in Leinster for 10 years in a row now. It's more of the same this year. This has been building up for 10years. You're deluded if you think getting rid of Creedon will do any good, ESPECIALLY when he showed up just a few months ago. Realise we don't have strength in depth, we cannot deal with losing a man to a sending off, losing kinston, conway and Attride and still competing with an already huge injury list. We can't compete to our potential with that. Really now, open your eyes to that. Antrim are poor but we're no better with our injuries and lack of strength in depth and carrying 5-7 hard working but average ability lads. Show me the objective facts that state otherwise. Knee jerk reactions while not looking at the big picture over the last 5-10 years is fooling nobody only yourselves.

Don Draper

Quote from: on the hop on March 19, 2017, 06:55:01 PM
Just back from the match, really poor quality game, spoiled by the wind. Both teams were equally as poor. Antrim didn't make as many mistakes as us. Firstly anything that could go wrong did, Kingston and attride went off early. Attride had to be carried off. Then o Connor's unforgivable sending off. We were really on the back foot. We conceded an awful goal when four backs ball watched and then messed up a high ball, leading to a soft goal. Conway who had been good was black carded and we had no threat up front. We had numerous chances but poor shooting, bad tackling and poor decisions cost us.

McMahon was the best of the backs and carried a lot of ball. The rest of the backs handled a lot of ball but didn't do their primary job marking. John was good and was fouled consistently. With no out ball in the forwards, he often went lateral and handled it to long. Conway in the forwards ploughed a lone furrow. Evan came on and started great but faded badly. He was stretching his leg just before he kicked an awful free wide. The league doesn't lie, that is our standard. On the way home their was a piece about Offaly football on the radio, you could put us instead of them. We don't have the players or the money to attract a top manager. You can blame creedon for some things but not For what Some of the players did today.
Everything you said there, I'd echo. We need to drop the blinkers.

Don Draper

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 19, 2017, 07:17:17 PM
Peter Creedon term as Laois Manager is a unmitigated disaster, we will all hear at the convention that football side of things is coming along nicely.   At the moment this county is as low as it has been in 30 years.  This is costing money and interest and yet I am the fool,   I really am sick of people on here saying Clancy, McNulty and Higgins would be dreadful how do you f...king know if you don't try them.  They could not do any worse than the last 3 managers who were complete jokes.  If this keeps up we will be like Carlow before long.  There is nothing wrong with the talent level in Laois.  The ones who jumped down my throat for saying Jim McGuinness would be my dream manager,  how else can we get Laois's equivalent of Jim McGuinness if we don't go with young passionate Laois Men as County Managers because I am 100% sure the muppets we are hiring would not be fit to lace any of their boots.  All that a county that Laois can attract from outside the county with the resources we have are clowns we have a better chance of getting someone with abit about them from inside the county and because of their passion for Laois Football would take the job.
Did you not say we need to attract Jim McGuinness? Two very different things.

Ballyroan Abbey

The only thing that has been proven in the last few years is how underrated mcnulty was, another man we ran out of the place, because we werent playing swashbuckling so called laois style, weather lads agree or not with getting rid of creedon the reality is it wont happen til at least the end of the year, so we should get behind him and the team when they need it most instead of the usual bitching and moaning

Keyser Söze

Not everybody who has criticised Creedon has suggested that we get rid of him.
Some posters would do well to comprehend that.

Some of those defending him seem to think that he shouldn't be criticised.

Too early to run him? Yes.
Too early to expect more of him and the team? No.
Too early to criticise him? No.

He's in a well paid position. I don't see any problem with people expecting the basics to be in place. For example keeping 15 men on the field on a regular basis.