Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Win against Antrim would lift the mood dramatically in the camp.

I believe we can beat them although there will be nothing easy about going up there.

Hopefully the news on the injury front will be a bit better before Sunday !

LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Team picked for Antrim game.

1. Graham Brody (Portlaoise)

2. Darren Strong (Emo)

3. Denis Booth (The Heath)

4. Alan Farrell (Ballylinan)

5. Stephen Attride (Killeshin)

6. Kieran Lillis (Portlaoise)

7. Padraig McMahon (Ballyroan Abbey)

8. James Finn (Ballyfin)

9. John O'Loughlin (St Brigid's)

10. Niall Donoher (Courtwood)

11. David Conway (Arles-Kilcruise)

12. Eoin Lowry (Killeshin)

13. Ross Munnelly (Arles-Kilcruise)

14. Donal Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

15. Paul Kingston (Arles-Killeen)

Good to see Ross and Padraig ready to start. Hope their experience will pull us through.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

I have not gotten his selections once this season.

town1980

while i do think creedon isnt the man for the job i also think its too early for clancy mcnulty also,,,,,management is a tough gig and while the two of them i rate highly to date its still early days,,,lets see how mcnulty reacts to defeat and lets see if graig progress,,,if they both do well then yes i would like broan abu says take a chance there,,,,ballyroan abbey i sense a certain degree of dislike towards clancy from your view ????but as a spectator clancy did progress yee yee were candidates to go down you might not like me saying that but from the outside yee were a poor side but definately made progress under him,,,time will tell from a graig point of view will judge then,,mcnulty had an easy job but now faces his first dielma,,,i could be wrong but i think portlaoise are in trouble

No. 5

Lads, I've been reading with great interest the reaction to our season so far.

2003 was our high tide mark- Div1 final, Leinster title, Mick O'Dwyer manager, All-Ireland Minor title.
We had it so good.

But where is our real position?
Heading for Div4 is a disaster for football in the county.
Div3 is almost as bad.

As a predominantly football county I think our correct league position is in Div2 with an ambition to make Div1, challenge for a Leinster final and see how far we can get in All Ireland series.

Just my opinion as a fan and optimist.

BallyroanAbu

Totally agree No.5,  why are people accepting this.  Everybody is saying what can't be done our players are of Div 2 standard they always were.  Peter Creedon is a bluffer and has as far as I can see not an iota of a clue what his doing.  Mick Lillis was the same last year and TOF was a complete joke with a jokers C.V. We are now 5 years into this absolute disaster and people want to give it time I am sick of giving it time.  I am sick of what is the norm when Creedon gets relegated he should be sacked as he has failed spectacularly in what he was paid to do.

Don Draper

I agree. We had good managers in Micko and Kearney and we blackguarded both of them. Maybe if we blackguard a few more we'll stumble across a good one.

blueandwhite1

So who will be our saviour BallyroanAbu?

What great manager will bring us back to our 'rightful place'?

Before you and Town 1980 answer, ye might consider the players that were available to be both Micko and Creedon, underage success in the 8 years before they took over, and the state of club football in the county at that time.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on March 19, 2017, 09:37:35 AM
I agree. We had good managers in Micko and Kearney and we blackguarded both of them. Maybe if we blackguard a few more we'll stumble across a good one.
And Tom Cribben. Creedon should get the full year before any initial judgement is made.

BallyroanAbu

Lets be fair here no one gets shafted when they are getting paid for the job.  Micko walked out of Laois with a €250,000 all in so in fairness nice gig if you get it. He did a good job but it prob ran it's course.  If you remember correctly back then it was driven from within the county board and players who wanted Micko gone and in fairness McNulty came in and did a good job.  Everyone hated his style but that was life.  TOF & Creedon are losing managers who are getting paid for this so we are not shafting anyone these guys are not volunteers doing it for Laois Football they are paid, in my view are not doing the job that they were paid to do.  Maybe the crop of players is not as good as previous(not my belief) but we are failing in Div 3 not Div 1 or Div 2.   Lillis was dreadful but he was not paid so I judge him by a lesser standard.  This is not a Sunday soccer manager who shows a bit of enthusiasm, organisation & willingness stays in the job.  This is a paid gig and your remit is results you may not agree with me but their will be no uplift this season.  Creedon will be sacked at the end of it(should have been sooner won't be because County Board are essentially treating Creedon like his a volunteer).   What I am saying is give it to young club coaches within the County(it's a gamble but could it be any worse than what's going on).  Because things are so bad we can take a risks and we may uncover a coach within our own county who if we had to pay from similar coach from outside could cost €50,000 plus.  I think somewhere among our Club Coaches  their is someone far better than what we have been paying for outside the county.   If we want someone to develop players then hire someone for that role it's not the job of county senior manager.

So you want to compare
Micko, McNulty and Cribbin they won more matches than they lost
against
TOF Lillis and Creedon
lets be fair here

Personally was very fond of Tom Cribbin he was all heart.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on March 19, 2017, 10:11:38 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on March 19, 2017, 09:37:35 AM
And Tom Cribben. Creedon should get the full year before any initial judgement is made.

Cribben got an awful doing. Especially for a man who gave the GAA its first professional player.

Interesting how BABU is completely ignoring Kearns btw.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Both Attride and Donie Kingston gone off injured, losing 0-6 to 0-4 coming up to half time. Evan O'Carrol on for Kingston..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!