Connacht Senior Championship 2018

Started by Rossfan, May 02, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manning18

Stolen sheep forum is just adorable at the moment. Absolute indignation over Galway getting the bulk of the media coverage. Shocking stuff that a small GAA county with one big win in 8 years has a low media profile...

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Manning18 on June 16, 2018, 08:29:46 AM
Stolen sheep forum is just adorable at the moment. Absolute indignation over Galway getting the bulk of the media coverage. Shocking stuff that a small GAA county with one big win in 8 years has a low media profile...
three games in two years
1 draw, 1 win Galway, 1 win Roscommon.
don't know how the pundits and bookies are going for Galway

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 16, 2018, 08:54:33 AM
three games in two years
1 draw, 1 win Galway, 1 win Roscommon.
don't know how the pundits and bookies are going for Galway

Game is 50/50 but the bookies have left Roscommon as a superb value bet at 9/4 in a two horse race, I think the odds were much the same last year so I'd have expected home advantage to shorten that number slightly but it hasn't happened.
There's a few pundits going for Roscommon, Collie Moran, David Brady, Malachy Clerkin's article in the IT today reads like he expects a Rossie win.
I think Peter Canavan was about the only one who went for Roscommon 12 months ago, he's plumped for Galway this go around.

Farrandeelin

I'd imagine Ros are happy with all the focus on Galway to be fair. I find it hard to call. Galway after their league campaign in Divisiom 1 would be slight favourites for that reason only. They struggled to put us away despite playing with an extra man for most of the game. Thrn they shot the lights out against Sligo. Ros on the other hand will have targeted this game all year. With all due respect to Leitrim , they were never going to win. I'll give Galway the nod, but it will be close.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JoG2

Galway by 6 with their superior fire power

seafoid

2 coming teams with maybe Galway a bit further ahead. Ros will have the motivation. Should be a good match.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Orchard park

And meanwhile in those 8 years the Galway footballers have done what exactly

seafoid

Quote from: Orchard park on June 16, 2018, 12:38:20 PM

2 U 21 and a2 club all Ireland's
Mol an óige agus tiocfaidh sí

Captain Obvious

Quote from: JoG2 on June 16, 2018, 10:41:36 AM
I don't believe Galway have superior fire power, the two forward lines are on par however Galways forward line will likely be up against a loose marking defence while the Roscommon forward line won't be given the same time and room on the ball.  It all points to Galway win but and there is always a but shocks happen and a few has already happened this year Fermanagh v Monaghan,Carlow v Kildare and I always love to see a good underdog win and I can imagine we'll see some fantastic scenes on the field afterwards if Roscommon mange to win in front of their own supporters against the odds.

Blowitupref

Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM

One of those U21 All Irelands (2013) they could easily have lost to Roscommon in the Connacht final. Brigids won 1 club All Ireland and they took Corofin to extra time this season before Corofin went on to win their 2nd AI

Hasn't been a lot between Galway and Roscommon over the last decade.

Both have won 2 senior Connacht titles. Roscommon won 4 U21 Connachts, Galway won 3, at minor Connacht titles won is Roscommon 2 and Galway 3.

This year was Galways first year to play in Div 1 for 6 years while next year will be Roscommons 3rd year in Div one in the last 4 years.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Your English comprehension must be extremely poor to get this take from that forum.

Cry me a river.

Rossfan

Roscommon,reigning Connacht Champions beating Galway would certainly NOT be a shock.
It would be a very nice half expected  win.
It's all to play for and if our shaky defence put in a good shift we can win it.
I'd be happy that if we're neck and neck going into the last 10 then our bench can get us over the line.
(Of course I'd be much happier if we're 10 points up at that stage...... ;D)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 16, 2018, 01:01:01 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 16, 2018, 12:49:07 PM

One of those U21 All Irelands (2013) they could easily have lost to Roscommon in the Connacht final. Brigids won 1 club All Ireland and they took Corofin to extra time this season before Corofin went on to win their 2nd AI

Hasn't been a lot between Galway and Roscommon over the last decade.

Both have won 2 senior Connacht titles. Roscommon won 4 U21 Connachts, Galway won 3, at minor Connacht titles won is Roscommon 2 and Galway 3.

This year was Galways first year to play in Div 1 for 6 years while next year will be Roscommons 3rd year in Div one in the last 4 years.

Complete the phrase:

Up and down like a....

The thing about Ros to date has been consistency. Not being able to stay in D1 after emerging from D2. Beating Galway and then getting hosed by Mayo last year . They have a tendency to foal which overrides the quality.
The big question is whether or not the management can overcome this.
It would be good if they could because Mayo may be fading.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 16, 2018, 12:50:27 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 16, 2018, 10:41:36 AM
I don't believe Galway have superior fire power, the two forward lines are on par however Galways forward line will likely be up against a loose marking defence while the Roscommon forward line won't be given the same time and room on the ball.  It all points to Galway win but and there is always a but shocks happen and a few has already happened this year Fermanagh v Monaghan,Carlow v Kildare and I always love to see a good underdog win and I can imagine we'll see some fantastic scenes on the field afterwards if Roscommon mange to win in front of their own supporters against the odds.

Saying our forwards are on par with Galway's is an insult to ours.