Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Middleweight John Duddy (27-1, 17 KOs) returned to the win column with an eight round unanimous decision over Jorge Munoz (21-4, 13 KOs). Scores were 80-73 and 79-73 twice. Duddy had a bloodied nose early on in the fight. There were no knockdowns.

charlieTully

Anyone see the super six fights on sat night, abraham looked the biz, albeit in his own back yard. he knocked taylor spark out, cant see him fighting again. carl froch couldnt get near dirrell but direll wouldnt get involved in a scrap at all. cant see kessler worrying about any of them. ???

magpie seanie

Just caught the end of Ryan Rhodes stopping Moore there. Serious tear up.

Owenbeg

Which fight is everyone goin to the weekend??? McCloskey or Rogan fight????

Think Roggie will get beat i hope dudey will walk it!!! Hopefully then there will some party in Dungiven

Overthebar!

for rogie myself would have liked to go to both but its not quite possible just yet....

peterquaife

Quote from: Owenbeg on November 04, 2009, 04:24:40 PM

Think Roggie will get beat i hope dudey will walk it!!! Hopefully then there will some party in Dungiven

for the McCloskey fight. anyone know if there will be 'liquid' refreshments @ the leisure centre?

thanks

nrico2006

Do Sky stream their fights?  Will these two be streamed tonight?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Overthebar!

Quote from: peterquaife on November 06, 2009, 01:12:56 PM
Quote from: Owenbeg on November 04, 2009, 04:24:40 PM

for the McCloskey fight. anyone know if there will be 'liquid' refreshments @ the leisure centre?

thanks

someone on the derry mentioned there was a big beer garden-id imagine itll be hit hard!
Quote from: nrico2006 on November 06, 2009, 01:48:47 PM
Do Sky stream their fights?  Will these two be streamed tonight?

yeah both fights are being shown on sky sports 1. think mccloskey at 10 then rogan at 11

Archie Mitchell

If you have Sky Sports subscription and broadband from Sky you can watch it on Sky Player.

DirtyDozen12

Lads, what about the betting this weekends boxing feast, some good odds looking at Sky Sports website.  I fancy it like this is truth be told:

Valuev to win in rounds 1-12 = 9/2
-Sexton 9/4 to win (ridiculous price, Rogie is 1/3 who LOST the last time, Sexton completely out-boxed him but got caught with one punch that nearly KO'ed him, still the better boxer and will be more weary this time)
-McCloskey 1/10 (cert, no money in it, maybe to him to stop your man, you get better odds)

Thoughts / comments??
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Archie Mitchell

I think Rogie can win. If he is to win it won't go the distance. He'll come out all guns blazing as his power caused Sexton bother the last time when Rogan decided to fight. Though them odds on Sexton could be too good to turn down saying as he did out box him the last time.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 06, 2009, 04:14:46 PM
I think Rogie can win. If he is to win it won't go the distance. He'll come out all guns blazing as his power caused Sexton bother the last time when Rogan decided to fight. Though them odds on Sexton could be too good to turn down saying as he did out box him the last time.

Id love to see Rogie win but Sexton is a hell of a tasty price if you ask me.  there is no denying he is the classier boxer.  He may be a wee bit smarter this time in his approach to Rogie and with all the training camp changes in Rogie and the fact the fight is a month later than 1st expected, it could be tough for him.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Doogie Browser

Valuev weighed in there exactly 7 stone heavier than Haye!!

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 06, 2009, 04:22:45 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on November 06, 2009, 04:14:46 PM

Id love to see Rogie win but Sexton is a hell of a tasty price if you ask me.  there is no denying he is the classier boxer.  He may be a wee bit smarter this time in his approach to Rogie and with all the training camp changes in Rogie and the fact the fight is a month later than 1st expected, it could be tough for him.

Both boxers will have improved. I read today that Rogan has said he's boxing better since he got the trapped nerve in his shoulder sorted. Also, Rogan won't be as stupid again and will box better tactically than the last fight. Should be a tasty fight though!

Minder

That's the thing though, Rogan has very little "boxing" in him, he is a brawler and if that doesent work he doesent really have a Plan B.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"