Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Not really into the boxing but that was a great fight....Maybe national pride taking over but I roared him on...

Cant wait for Croker next Saturday  3 big wins in a week...fingers crossed!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

glens73

At the start of the 5th when Jimmy Magee thought it was over as Cordoba slipped, funniest commentating I've heard in years :D

Rav67

Quote from: glens73 on March 22, 2009, 11:28:40 AM
At the start of the 5th when Jimmy Magee thought it was over as Cordoba slipped, funniest commentating I've heard in years :D

Jimmy's great to listen to during a fight, Dave Boy is feckin awful tho!

The Real Laoislad

Delighted for Dunne it was the result of the weekend IMHO,though not so delighted with the pub I was in in the middle of Dublin city last night
Rather than have the commentry of the fight they continued to play Irelands Call over the loudspeakers and I could hardly see the TV with the amount of D4 rugby fans standing in the way with their backs turned to the TV..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

behind the wire

think jimmy got a bit carried away, how he thought it wa over is beyond me!

for once i thought dave boy's analysis wasn't far off the mark, lefts on the inside followed by the right hook seemed to be where dunne made most ground. fair play to him, great fight. heart in my mouth for the second time inside a few hours.

hope cordoba was ok. dunne seemed to be genuinely concerned for him after the fight.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Tony Baloney

Quote from: behind the wire on March 22, 2009, 11:34:59 AM

for once i thought dave boy's analysis wasn't far off the mark, lefts on the inside followed by the right hook seemed to be where dunne made most ground. fair play to him, great fight. heart in my mouth for the second time inside a few hours.

hope cordoba was ok. dunne seemed to be genuinely concerned for him after the fight.
I'm sure ex professional champion boxer Dave McAuley will be delighted to hear he knows boxing as well as you.

Rav67

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2009, 11:58:02 AM

I'm sure ex professional champion boxer Dave McAuley will be delighted to hear he knows boxing as well as you.

In defence of behind the wire I recall Dave Boy's analysis being "off the mark" before, kept yattering on about an opponent of Andy Lee coming at him from the wrong side given that Lee fights southpaw, forgetting Lee is a right-handed southpaw.

behind the wire

obviously you dont watch the boxing very often tony. whats it like up there on the bandwagon?

i have heard dave boy giving shocking bad analysis on a few occasions, the most notable being the night andy lee fought jason mckay (as rav rightly pointed out)

bridgegael

have to say i don't like jimmy magee commentating,  he talks nonsense at times!! at the start of the fifth sums jimmy up for me,  saying the fight was over.   and  dave OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! boy  wasn't too bad last night!  Darragh maloney got carried away too me thinks saying dunne was the best boxer on the planet!

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 22, 2009, 11:58:02 AM

I hope RTE paid dave boy with kosher 50 euro notes this time  :P

milltown row

Quote from: behind the wire on March 22, 2009, 12:53:55 PM
obviously you dont watch the boxing very often tony. whats it like up there on the bandwagon?

i have heard dave boy giving shocking bad analysis on a few occasions, the most notable being the night andy lee fought jason mckay (as rav rightly pointed out)

Dave Boy may have had the odd slip up in commentating, but i think he'd know a bit more than your average couch potato

The Watcher Pat

Dave Boy's comment was ok last night.....Darragh Maloney just got carried away i think!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Main Street

Didn't Jimmy scream out at one stage in the latter rounds, "DUNNE HAS A CUT EYE, HE IS BLEEDING"
whlie everbody else on the planet noticed that Dunne's eye had been cut and receiving treatment for 6 rounds previous.

The Ring at the end looked like a scene from a chainsaw massacre, blood on Dunne, on the the ref, on the the handlers, on the canvas, a boxer flat out on his back.
The blond woman had a bit of sense not embrace Dune and spoil a nice dress.

That Katie Taylor is savage.

behind the wire

Quote from: milltown row on March 22, 2009, 01:32:59 PM
Quote from: behind the wire on March 22, 2009, 12:53:55 PM

Dave Boy may have had the odd slip up in commentating, but i think he'd know a bit more than your average couch potato

you are dead right milltown, and his analysis last night was spot on. i simply made the comment in light of a couple of commentaries last year. maybe tony is his brother or something.

bridgegael

seeing macklin there last night,  do ya's think there is a possibility of either macklin/lee or duddy fighting anytime soon??  i would have macklin as no1 off the 3, can't help but be impressed by him anytime i've watched him fight.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"