Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

There is only one starred game left is there not? Ardboe not going to go down nor win a league so I don't think that they would be too bothered.

longballin

Hearing he was asked but declined. Anyway it aint happening...

Onthe40

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 17, 2018, 06:30:10 PM
Some tankings today in division 1. Trillick now lost their last three games and suffered another hammering from Clonoe. Ardboe took a real beating at home to Donaghmore.

In Division 2 there were wins for the top three with Eglish maintaining their lead and Gortin and the Lough tied on 16 points each (Lough game In hand).

Tight game in the lough yesterday by the looks of it...any reports Omagh Gael?
Looks like too little too late for the hill...

omagh_gael

Couldn't make it yesterday as I was down the country. However, I don't think it was as tight as the scoreline suggests. Lough were 6 points up with 5 to play and Derrytresk scored 1-02 to tighten up the final score. All about the two points to keep the push for division one on.

We're down to play our game in hand (v Greencastle) on the 27th which will push us two clear if we win. Next scheduled games after that are on the 1st July. Does that mean there are no fixtures planned for this weekend?

Reserve championship on at the end of this week, we're playing Augher on Thursday evening. Any Augher men about to give us the low down? If STG still puts on the boots we could have an onfield chat about big Mickey Harte!

southtyronegael

boots hung up a long time ago OG.lol. augher reserves beat aghaloo by 20 points yesterday so yous better watch out! and to be honest mickey harte isnt even worth talking about anymore.

Tyrone95

Carmens early season 'crisis' seems to have been averted with 3 wins on the bounce. With respect to the teams it was 3 games we should be winning anyway! Very little between the middle pack in d1 with us clonoe and Killylogher on 10 points and we still have a game in hand.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Tyrone95 on June 18, 2018, 07:26:35 PM
Carmens early season 'crisis' seems to have been averted with 3 wins on the bounce. With respect to the teams it was 3 games we should be winning anyway! Very little between the middle pack in d1 with us clonoe and Killylogher on 10 points and we still have a game in hand.

As predicted really the starred advantage would work to their advantage, the games still have to be won. Points are on the board and probably guaranteed another years senior ball. Edendork have added themselves to the mix of potentials after a positive start. Pomeroy have a nice run in and would expect them to pick up points and maybe escape. I think it will be Aghyaran and Galbally bottom 2 with Moy or Edendork 3rd bottom
Living the dream!!!

Oghams Law

Anyone else hear that there is talk of an additional point for a win in a non starred game for next year? Designed im told to stop clubs putting pressure on men not getting game time with county to quit and focus on their clubs.

WT4E

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2018, 12:29:58 PM
Couldn't make it yesterday as I was down the country. However, I don't think it was as tight as the scoreline suggests. Lough were 6 points up with 5 to play and Derrytresk scored 1-02 to tighten up the final score. All about the two points to keep the push for division one on.

We're down to play our game in hand (v Greencastle) on the 27th which will push us two clear if we win. Next scheduled games after that are on the 1st July. Does that mean there are no fixtures planned for this weekend?

Reserve championship on at the end of this week, we're playing Augher on Thursday evening. Any Augher men about to give us the low down? If STG still puts on the boots we could have an onfield chat about big Mickey Harte!

Div 2 starting to take a bit more shape. Greencastle in big diffs surprised they could only muster 2 points against their neighbours at the weekend (Gortin are going well though). They are missing some quality players and heard a rumour that they will return at the end of the summer so they maybe will be going to rely on strenghten the team for a relegation playoff.

Kildress seemed to have turned a bit of a corner with two hard fought draws recently but would be nice to get a win in the next game - hoping we can avoid the playoffs and with two teams below us still to play I think we will - How many points would guarantee safety 11 or 12 probably?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: superstar_ on June 19, 2018, 12:16:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 19, 2018, 11:14:43 AM

Div 2 starting to take a bit more shape. Greencastle in big diffs surprised they could only muster 2 points against their neighbours at the weekend (Gortin are going well though). They are missing some quality players and heard a rumour that they will return at the end of the summer so they maybe will be going to rely on strenghten the team for a relegation playoff.

Kildress seemed to have turned a bit of a corner with two hard fought draws recently but would be nice to get a win in the next game - hoping we can avoid the playoffs and with two teams below us still to play I think we will - How many points would guarantee safety 11 or 12 probably?
Greencastle only scored their two points in injury time from two handy frees that Sean Hurson gave. Serious problems going on with them and out of all the teams near the bottom they look the most out of form. Be very lucky to survive a play off if things don't improve quickly.

Look on the brightside, they can win another Junior all ireland next season if they go down.

Club boi

Quote from: Christmas Lights on June 19, 2018, 02:47:26 PM
Quote from: superstar_ on June 19, 2018, 12:16:18 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 19, 2018, 11:14:43 AM

Greencastle only scored their two points in injury time from two handy frees that Sean Hurson gave. Serious problems going on with them and out of all the teams near the bottom they look the most out of form. Be very lucky to survive a play off if things don't improve quickly.

Look on the brightside, they can win another Junior all ireland next season if they go down.

Oh here comes the sm@rt@rses with the usual comment. You must be from a privileged club which never struggles. I doubt that was Greencastle or anyones "big plans" for the year - sure lets get relegated and win a lesser Championship next year

The Golden Years

I see the reserve championship starts friday night. Whats the rules this year with the reserve championship?  How is it decided who is eligible?

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on June 19, 2018, 03:52:10 PM
I see the reserve championship starts friday night. Whats the rules this year with the reserve championship?  How is it decided who is eligible?

Same as last year as far as i know - if you played in your clubs last 1st team championship match in 2017 you aren't eligible - everyone else is.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WT4E on June 19, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

Same as last year as far as i know - if you played in your clubs last 1st team championship match in 2017 you aren't eligible - everyone else is.

Is it not played in the LAST championship match?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WT4E

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 19, 2018, 04:10:13 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 19, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

Is it not played in the LAST championship match?

Yeah thats what I said  ;D