Michael or Martin, Ulster's Top Young Player?

Started by T Fearon, March 25, 2010, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Quote from: screenexile on March 25, 2010, 04:58:42 PM
I'll have both thank you very much! Very different players but both bring a lot to a team. Murphy's ball winning and finishing stand him out while Clarke's athleticism and playmaking ability make him a great prospect. Bright futures ahead for both I would imagine!

Yeah agree 100%

TacadoirArdMhacha

Murphy's produced it in Summer championship football which puts him ahead of Clarke at the minute. The likelihood is that both will be amongst the best dozen players in Ulster over the next decade.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Highlander3

A bit of a crazy thread, Murphy is a brillant player, and from what i have seen i think Marty is going to be as well, but people must realise he still has only played about 10-15 gealic games total club and county over the last 3 years, if you think he is good now what is he going to be like when he gets some more games under his belt

norabeag

Never mind Young Player of the Year last year, I think Murphy was the best player on view last year in the entire Championship. Having watched football since the early 60s he is one of the most exciting athletic and gifted footballers I have seen for a long time.
That said I also relish the prospect of following Marty Clarke over the next few years.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: norabeag on March 26, 2010, 12:05:37 AM
Never mind Young Player of the Year last year, I think Murphy was the best player on view last year in the entire Championship. Having watched football since the early 60s he is one of the most exciting athletic and gifted footballers I have seen for a long time.
That said I also relish the prospect of following Marty Clarke over the next few years.

Agree totally about Murphy... I really enjoy watching him... puts me in mind of the great Frank McGuigan.

J70

I think Murphy still has a little bit to do before he's the finished article though - the shooting radar can be a bit off at times and he does have the odd game where he's well marked, but I suppose that happens even to men of the standard of Canavan or Cooper and he will get better and better with experience. Far and away our best player though, and very intelligent and dominant for a lad of his age. Unquestionably our best forward since Tony Boyle and he will hopefully go on to even eclipse him, particularly if he avoids Boyle's injury problems. And if he goes to Oz, while wishing him all the best, we will be utterly fucked!

western exile

Murphy is excellent.  Clarke cannot be considered because he is not as "young".  Although this is his 1st season as a senior gaelic footballer, he is no longer U21.