?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: corn02 on January 30, 2008, 01:32:09 AM
So what was the question?> If it was is he good enough for Celtic v barcelona my answer would be yes. There is no striker at the club that would get neat the Camp Nou, and I believe Lafferty would be as good as what Celtic have at the moment. So therefore he is good enough for the game but like all the Celtic players he is a mile off Barcelona standards.

I would love to see Cetlic progess, but if they did not even the most blinkered fan could claim they were on a level bar with Barcelona. Soit is friggin relevant.

For fcuk sake, read a few posts back, the lad has played in 76 matches for Burnley and has only scored 8 goals, piss poor record for a striker!!
We ave f**king midfielders who have scored more this season.
Skippy 19 goals so far this season, JVOH 11 goals this season, McGeady 9 goals so far this season!
So to answer your question, NO he is not good enough for Celtic!  ::)
Tbc....

lynchbhoy

thats a lot of goals scored for a team that is still poor in supplying decent or enough ball into scoring positions (low or high)

I still think its madness going after strikers when the prob is at left back and centre half (now that the right full back problem has been more than solved by the addition of hinkel)

saffron sam2

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 29, 2008, 07:41:27 PM
If he does sign, it'll be a good test at Windsor to see how far the FFA campaign has come.

Making no comment or giving any opinions of what Kyle could have meant, I would like to point out the following.

A year ago, when a transfer to Celtic was first mooted, Kyle said that if he signed for Celtic there could be uproar and he would have to consider his international career. A year on, he is confident enough to say that whilst aware [of] what happened to Neil Lennon when he joined Celtic from Leicester City, he is also aware those days are gone now, thankfully.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Main Street

Samaras has been signed on loan I suppose that puts an end to the speculation about a massive splurge on a young player with possible potential like Lafferty.

AZOffaly

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 30, 2008, 10:52:44 AM
If he does sign, it'll be a good test at Windsor to see how far the FFA campaign has come.

Making no comment or giving any opinions of what Kyle could have meant, I would like to point out the following.

A year ago, when a transfer to Celtic was first mooted, Kyle said that if he signed for Celtic there could be uproar and he would have to consider his international career. A year on, he is confident enough to say that whilst aware [of] what happened to Neil Lennon when he joined Celtic from Leicester City, he is also aware those days are gone now, thankfully.

I would think the same thing. I think the FFA supporters should be hopeful that Lafferty goes to Celtic. It would be a good chance for them to show how much things have changed. I'm sure there would be a portion of numbskulls who would boo him or abuse him, but they'd probably be the exception that proves the rule. I can't imagine there would be significant booing or abuse.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Look lads, he ain't coming.
Don't know about future "potential", but he's had 3 seasons at Burnley and is still a mediocre player.
Glad to hear Samaras is coming on loan, could have been another costly buy for little return, at least now we can see if he can do the business before we buy.
Tbc....

Main Street

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hutton signed for Spurs - confirmed! Class news, hopefully Walter Smith will go out and panick buy a couple of crap players before the deadline.

Never thought he was worth 9 million though!

Huns should have held onto him til the Summer - obviously i'm not complaining!  ;D
Tbc....

Main Street

I heard they had to pay him £1m (loyalty!) just to get rid of him and get the Spurs cash.

nifan

Thats a lot of money for a full back.
Ive not seen much of him, is he really that good?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: nifan on January 30, 2008, 02:16:26 PM

Only seen him play once, he seemed very good going forward at least! - Very expensive IMO.

Time will tell!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

One of their best players, thats why I'm glad to see him go!  :)
He also played with his heart on his sleeve - something I respect in a player.
But 9 million was terrible business by the Spuds! Possibily 4-5 million, but he's only had one good season, last year looked like they were going to get rid of him.
Tbc....

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Its not long at all since Hutton was a figure of fun in Scottish football and was looked upon as the next Maurice Ross (ie full back who broke into the Rangers team at a young age, got some good press then got full of himself and ended up being hounded out of Ibrox into obscurity). Hutton however came back from a serious leg injury like a new player and has been in fantastic form. His driving runs forward were key to Rangers beating Leverkusen in the Champions League and his performance for Scotland against Italy was superb, showing them no respect at all and making a mess of their left flank. Same kind of gallus attitude the likes of Scott Brown and James McFadden have shown. The problem of course is the defensive side of his game where he is only competent and nothing more. He will need to work on that and good EPL wingers will cause him bother I would say. Bombing forward though he has the potential to do very well.

Great deal for Rangers, £9m in and a ready made and very competent replacement already there in Steven Whitaker.

Solomon Kane

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 30, 2008, 10:52:44 AM

It would be a no win situation for the GAWA. If Lafferty got booed by even a tiny minority the whole crowd would be tainted. If he didn't get booed it would only be because "he was a prod". I feckin hate the Old Firm.