Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

the only fault i have is at the end of the game all the Celtic players ran to the Milan players looking their shirts, "f**k that" they shouldn't be doing that shit it shows that they are in awe of them guys. Let the Milan players come looking our shirts and you'll see not to many will come accross. Other than that great win and hopefully we can get a result in Portugal
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: illdecide on October 04, 2007, 01:25:45 PM
the only fault i have is at the end of the game all the Celtic players ran to the Milan players looking their shirts, "f**k that" they shouldn't be doing that shit it shows that they are in awe of them guys. Let the Milan players come looking our shirts and you'll see not to many will come accross. Other than that great win and hopefully we can get a result in Portugal

Granted it may have made the lads look like they were in awe, but the fact is they are a very young team and probably were in awe, remember the team only had a total of 60 (i think) European caps betwenn them - and Jiri had 38 of them himself!  :o

The pressure is really going to be on us now in Portugal, but if we can get a result (1 or 3) out there then I believe we stand a fantastic chance of qualifying for the knockout stages for the second time. Still only a dream I know, but this man loves to dream!  ;)
Tbc....

Rav67

Great result beating European Champions was made all the sweeter by their constant play-acting, reminiscent of Porto in Seville. 

Hartley was excellent in the holding role he's taken to it like a duck to water recently, Donati was also very good and the two centre-halves didn't put a foot wrong.  Boruc unfortunately looked very dodgy again.  Anyone else at the game?

nifan

Denmark are having to play games away from copenhagen (200 miles or something), but not behind closed doors after that fan ran onto the pitch and at the referee.

Celtic for croke park anyone???

Dunno what that guy with the "no foreign games in croke park" and the celtic shirt on would do ???

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 04, 2007, 12:18:58 PM
the fan fecked things up though.
Celtic will be lucky to get away with just a fine. A deduction of points or playing home games behind closed doors is possible- though hardly fair given what actually happened.

Superb result. Great week (two weeks) for scotland and scots football. Maybe the spl is better than some think ... :o

Pretty incredible with Scotland beating France away to add to the win against them at home and now Rangers humping Lyon away and Celtic beating the European champions at Parkhead. Number of excellent young Scottish players involved in all these games too so quite hopeful for the future. Would like to think Aberdeen could continue it tonight but hard not to feel they will come to regret all the missed chances from the first leg.

I see the idiot who came on the park has handed himself in and been banned from Celtic games for life and will appear in court tomorrow, hopefully Celtic wont suffer too heavily for what this clown did.

Mentalman

Supporter banned for life
04/10/2007 - 15:58:32

Story Tools:

Print   Email

Share    Previous

Celtic have moved swiftly to impose a lifetime ban on the supporter who struck AC Milan goalkeeper Dida at the end of their Champions League win at Parkhead last night.

The controversial incident following Scott McDonald's last-minute winner has overshadowed the 2-1 victory over the reigning European champions and Celtic are now likely to face a UEFA probe.

In the mayhem that followed the late winner a fan ran on the pitch and clipped the Brazilian who, after initially giving chase, collapsed theatrically to the ground.

After a delay, he was taken off on a stretcher with an icepack held to his face.

A 27-year-old man today approached the club and was interviewed by staff before going to London Road police station.

Police said the man is being held for an alleged breach of the peace and is expected to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court tomorrow.

Advertisement
Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell told the club's website, www.celticfc.net: "Clearly, Celtic take this issue extremely seriously and it is satisfying that this individual has been identified so swiftly.

"The individual in question has now been banned for life from attending Celtic matches, both home and away."

UEFA will decide what action to take after receiving reports from referee Markus Merk and match delegate Andreas Akkelides.

Spokesman William Gaillard told Sky Sports News: "One of our prosecutors will look at the document and decide whether to open an investigation.

"If he opens an investigation, it will be a week or two before the disciplinary body deals with the case.

"I don't want to presume anything. There is a whole range of possible punishments but of course there are precedents for the same kind of incidents."

Celtic chairman Brian Quinn urged UEFA to investigate the "antics" of Dida but he also condemned the supporter who ran onto the pitch.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/mhmhaugbidsn/
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on October 04, 2007, 04:42:48 PM
Would like to think Aberdeen could continue it tonight but hard not to feel they will come to regret all the missed chances from the first leg.

They didnt, what a week for the Scottish teams in Europe.

magickingdom

fair play to celtic and to rangers with those results. pity rte dont have the champions league this year as i'd love to hear dumphys crap now about how celtic and rangers wouldnt survive in the premiership..

Over the Bar

Might anyone have the game on DVD?   

I've plenty of other stuff to do a swap  with.

Main Street

Quote from: magickingdom on October 04, 2007, 09:45:34 PM
fair play to celtic and to rangers with those results. pity rte dont have the champions league this year as i'd love to hear dumphys crap now about how celtic and rangers wouldnt survive in the premiership..
The match was on RTE and fortunatly we didn't have to listen to Dunphy.
Though there was one reference to him by Brady 'usually it's Eamonn who gets all the predictions wrong'
Giles appreciated that Celtic couldn't string 3 passes together but will always pay tribute when he sees evidence of his immortal line 'moral courage' :)
Great win by the Celts but I think that they just have a good chance of finishing 3rd. Shaktar winning in Portugal puts them in the pole position now and Milan when arsed can still play football.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

A few people I know are talking about us finishing third, but I believe that we can get results in our two home games and with a bit of luck away grab a point or two (that losing streak has to end sometime) we could finish second.
Remember Shakter have to play AC in their next two matches and AC have just had a massive wake up call.
Tbc....

tintin25

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on October 05, 2007, 08:56:22 AM
A few people I know are talking about us finishing third, but I believe that we can get results in our two home games and with a bit of luck away grab a point or two (that losing streak has to end sometime) we could finish second.
Remember Shakter have to play AC in their next two matches and AC have just had a massive wake up call.

I think you guys have to be realistic. Yes, it was a good result but I seriousley can't see Celtic finishing 2nd. The match itself was very poor and it was more guts/determination that got them over the line rather than skill/ability and the performance as a whole. I think Celtic and Rangers ae in for a reality check in the coming games. I would really like to see both of them progress but as I say I can't see it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I am very realistic and know that it will be a big ask to qualify, but I also know that Celtics record at home in the CL is exemplary, we have more then a chance against both Shakter and Benfica at home, but we still need to record points away from home, and that could be the key to qualification this year.
Tbc....

balladmaker

QuoteI see the idiot who came on the park has handed himself in and been banned from Celtic games for life and will appear in court tomorrow, hopefully Celtic wont suffer too heavily for what this clown did.

What can they realistically do on this fella from a law perspective.  Is it actually illegal in the eyes of the law to invade a pitch?  Or will he be done for 'petting' Dida's neck?  Personally I can't see much of a case against him.  There are alot of other things in Glasgow which should be taking up the court's time and not trivialities such as this.

Also, how do Celtic actually impose the lifetime ban in practical terms.  I know he can never be a season ticket holder or apply for tickets via normal channels, but how effectively can they keep him out of Parkhead?  Always wondered how they could implement a lifetime ban with 60,000+ at each game.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: balladmaker on October 05, 2007, 09:25:32 AM
QuoteI see the idiot who came on the park has handed himself in and been banned from Celtic games for life and will appear in court tomorrow, hopefully Celtic wont suffer too heavily for what this clown did.

What can they realistically do on this fella from a law perspective.  Is it actually illegal in the eyes of the law to invade a pitch?  Or will he be done for 'petting' Dida's neck?  Personally I can't see much of a case against him.  There are alot of other things in Glasgow which should be taking up the court's time and not trivialities such as this.

He's appearing in court on a breach of the peace charge, they'll have no bother doing him for that. There are indeed many things in Glasgow that are more worthy of a courts time but similarly you cant have fans running onto soccer fields, this guy will get done done as an example to others and he cant have any complaints about it.

As for banning him from Celtic games yes that will be almost impossible to enforce. Again though the fact he has been banned may be a deterent to others who think about going on the pitch.