Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

QuoteDo none of the arsene lovers believe it was a massive mistake to move toure to right back and play gilberto in the heart of the defence?

Have to agree unfortunately Wenger never puts much thought into his defence, but that's his philosophy I suppose...

QuoteSit back all you Goons, relax, and watch a N.London team containing British and Irish players,

Tony, why the British and Irish jibe, is that important to you and if so why?
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Fearon

It shows that the club has some tentative link with the area in which its located.

I can't see Wenger or Henry hanging around much longer. Soon it'll be same old boring 1-0 to the Arsenal managed by Tony Adams.

I'm lovin' it! ;D ;D ;D

Dinny Breen

Sport has moved on Tony...

QuoteSoon it'll be same old boring 1-0 to the Arsenal managed by Tony Adams.

;D
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Im going to be in London on the 28th of April,so i checked out the footy fixtures and see that Arsenal are at home that weekend
Anyone know where i'd get a ticket for match? Not a Arsenal fan just thought it be nice to go see stadium and catch a match while im there
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

I might be able to get you one ticket, but won't know until the end of March.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

appreciate that no hassle if you can't
You'll Never Walk Alone.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Tony Fearon on March 08, 2007, 04:03:07 PM
Sit back all you Goons, relax, and watch a N.London team containing British and Irish players, reach a European Final and actually win it.

We are holding a victory parade through the heart of Islington by the way ;D
/quote]

Well Tony you knob, at least you could hold it in Islington and have no bother - 

Imagine a parade up The High road N17!! Robbers paradise!!! ???

Gabriel_Hurl

ONeill

Henry out for the rest of the season - - fairly sums up the last 2 weeks.

ildanach

from  arsenal.com

Thierry Henry will not play for Arsenal again this season.

The French striker damaged groin and stomach muscles in Wednesday's 1-1 draw with PSV Eindhoven and, as a consequence, will miss the next three months of domestic and international football. Arsenal hope to have him back to full fitness for the start of the 2007-08 campaign.

"Thierry Henry will be out for a minimum of three months," said Arsène Wenger on Friday afternoon. "Unfortunately this means he will now miss the rest of this season both domestically and internationally, but we are confident that he will be ready for the start of next season."

- i suppose since we are out of the cups it is best that he gets fit for next season. I just hope he is still there and that we see him back at his best.
we still should have enough to get 4th (perhaps third) with baptista, adebyor and maybe maybe van persie back in april.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

1-0 up away to Villa after 30 mins (Diaby)

Strange feeling although the team's playing with freedom.

ONeill

Finished 1-0.

Title challenge back on.

tyroneman

Are none of you Gooners worries at the suggestion that AW is going to spend 8mill on that clown Baptista????? :o

J70

Quote from: ONeill on March 14, 2007, 10:01:31 PM
Finished 1-0.

Title challenge back on.

As in the challenge for the title of third-best premiership team? :P

Dinny Breen

QuoteAre none of you Gooners worries at the suggestion that AW is going to spend 8mill on that clown Baptista?

Well I sooner The Beast than JAA, he has been a bit hit and miss, more miss I'd admit but his early season was dogged by injury, he's a muscular option and in RVP, TH and Adenbayor you have 4 strkers very different in their approach...
#newbridgeornowhere