Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The GAA

How bad a keeper is almunia?

am i right in saying he is arsenal vice captain?

why o why have arsenal not got a defensive midfielder?

when did united, chelsea or liverpool last concede 4?

Dinny Breen

March 20th 2008 Chelsea 4 - Spurs 4  ::)

Some people really should try better
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Have to say I am a follower of Arsenal (Blacburn supporter) and I do admire the quality of player they have and the way they play football but I seriously think Wenger has lost the plot.

Silvestre is a liability at the back as well as Gallas not to mention Clichy (although a fabulous player btw) who is always liable to make mistakes in big games that cost results. Allied to that the lack of a proper Captain, Fabregas was mooted previously but he gve the ball away with a minute left last night when he should have played keep ball in the corner. Then you have the lack of a proper holding midfielder and Arsenal are just going to haemorrhage goals for the season. In fairness people have been waiting for Wenger to get the blend right for almost 4 years now and somebody needs to have a word in his ear. Arsenal will not win anything the way things are going!!

Minder

Quote from: screenexile on October 30, 2008, 02:08:38 PM
Have to say I am a follower of Arsenal (Blacburn supporter) and I do admire the quality of player they have and the way they play football but I seriously think Wenger has lost the plot.

Silvestre is a liability at the back as well as Gallas not to mention Clichy (although a fabulous player btw) who is always liable to make mistakes in big games that cost results. Allied to that the lack of a proper Captain, Fabregas was mooted previously but he gve the ball away with a minute left last night when he should have played keep ball in the corner. Then you have the lack of a proper holding midfielder and Arsenal are just going to haemorrhage goals for the season. In fairness people have been waiting for Wenger to get the blend right for almost 4 years now and somebody needs to have a word in his ear. Arsenal will not win anything the way things are going!!

Clichy's mistake was out of character, he is the best LB in the PL by a margin in my opinion.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Dinny Breen

Fair enough post SE but other than Clichy's slip last night when were these other mistakes that you talk about for Clichy and Gallas?
#newbridgeornowhere

full back

Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2008, 02:12:58 PM
Clichy's mistake was out of character, he is the best LB in the PL by a margin in my opinion.

No chance, Evra is a far better player

Minder

Quote from: full back on October 30, 2008, 02:18:08 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 30, 2008, 02:12:58 PM

No chance, Evra is a far better player

He isnt
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The GAA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 30, 2008, 01:47:58 PM
March 20th 2008 Chelsea 4 - Spurs 4  ::)

Some people really should try better

there were three strands to that question...

Dinny Breen

Quotewhen did united, chelsea or liverpool last concede 4?

???

So assuming want the answer for all three, I think Man U was two seasons ago Blackburn beat them 4-3 and for Liverpool (a very defensive team) I think Arsenal beat them 6-3 in 2007. Really fail to see your point Arsenal before last nights game had conceded the same amount of goals as Liverpool but with a much better goals for record.
#newbridgeornowhere

The GAA

arsena concede far too many goals. as has been said about them for two years or more now, they need a keeper, a dm and a centre half

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 30, 2008, 02:14:36 PM
Fair enough post SE but other than Clichy's slip last night when were these other mistakes that you talk about for Clichy and Gallas?

Gallas' behaviour as captain against Birmingham last year was a mistake IMHO. Also I think that perhaps Clichy made an error in that game too, although I don't agree that young Clichy is a 'problem' for Arsenal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

He was behaviour was shocking but considering the circumstances he can be excused and is hardly a mistake, inappropiate yes mistake no. Clichy played a loose pass in that game recovered well but the referee made a shocking decision and awarded a penalty to Birmingham.

Those two are not Senderos, Arsenal's back four are very dependable but suffer from a lack of height and when defending a lead will sit too deep and that height problem then becomes an issue, needless to say corners and set-pieces are the ruination of Arsenal.
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 30, 2008, 05:13:11 PM
He was behaviour was shocking but considering the circumstances he can be excused and is hardly a mistake, inappropiate yes mistake no. Clichy played a loose pass in that game recovered well but the referee made a shocking decision and awarded a penalty to Birmingham.

Those two are not Senderos, Arsenal's back four are very dependable but suffer from a lack of height and when defending a lead will sit too deep and that height problem then becomes an issue, needless to say corners and set-pieces are the ruination of Arsenal.

Just noticed that it's Stoke and Rory Delap this Saturday. I'd say the tabloids will be milking this angle for Saturday morning's previews.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Exactly NT. Dreading that. Hopefully there'll be 3-4 in the other net.

An all-French back 4 - not the force (as a nation) as they were - coincided with Arsene's best years.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Over the Bar

QuoteFair play to Spurs - you drew a match - cue wild celebrations.

In the same way Arsenal do when they draw against United?  ;)