Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaykay

I think he'll be a good adition to the squad.  He should be good enough to keep Senderos on the bench for a few games at least or maybe even play as a holding mid-fielder.

Oh, I didnt post it but that story was on arsenal.com

spiritof91and94

F**k this club is becoming a joke;
Thought Wengers policy was once over 30 a one year contract was offered - wtf are we taking utd rejects for anyway - says it all about our expectations this season.

hitzelsperger

Initially i thought WTF when i saw that we had signed Silvestre but hopefully his signing will mean the end of Senderos at arsenal..Silvestre aint great but hes good cover to have at the back. Wenger surely has to make one more midfield signing before the window closes....i still think Alonso or Barry will come! Alonso and Cesc midfield sounds good to me!

ildanach

Quote from: hitzelsperger on August 21, 2008, 12:11:43 PM
i still think Alonso or Barry will come! Alonso and Cesc midfield sounds good to me!

alonso and barry are both cup tied for the champions league so i dont think either will be signed now. maybe alonso in january
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

slow corner back

Bit of a surprise this? Did any money change hands? From a Utd point of view it suggests to me that Fergie fancies his young brazilian full back more than silvestre for cover for Evra this season. Who was the last player to go from OT to Arsenal?

kinghen

750,000 trnsfer fee, but he's injured at the minute, so thtas bischoff and silvestr singed whilst injures, i think its a bit of a risk, although his experience in the premiership might be good for our young squad,

ps viv anderson was the last playerto move directly between the clubs, but that was in the opposite direction, that was in 87 and was one of fergies 1st signings,

stil agree that we need to buy a centre-mid, also would b great, scoed 2 for spain last night i think???

screenexile

hitzelsperger

McLaren definately is a complete ballox...never seen worse!

I think it said somewhere that brian kidd was last player to join Arsenal from United.longgggggg time ago

jaykay

From arsenal.com

Jimmy Rimmer
Man Utd (1967-72): 46 apps - Arsenal (1973-76): 146 apps
The Lancashire born goalkeeper's Old Trafford highlight was a spot on the bench for the 1968 European Cup Final, but with his chances limited he went first on loan to Swansea City, before joining the Gunners. At Highbury he replaced the retired Bob Wilson as the Club's No 1. It was with Arsenal he won his solitary England cap. He left North London for Aston Villa.
Brian Kidd
Man Utd (1967-73): 264 apps, 70 goals - Arsenal (1974-76): 90 apps, 34 goals
Like Rimmer, Brian Kidd was part of the 1968 European Cup Final squad. His time with United, though, was much more successful than the stopper. His time with Arsenal was short and he headed back up north, this time to play for Manchester City. Kidd went on to form part of Sir Alex Ferguson's backroom staff.
Jim Leighton
Man Utd (1988-93): 94 apps - Arsenal (1991 loan): 0 apps
Leighton started his career at Aberdeen under Sir Alex Ferguson, and followed his manager to Manchester in 1998. Unfortunately Jim found life at United harder than he had in Scotland and found his chances limited by Les Sealey in goal. Arsenal was his first loan stop, that later included a time at Reading.
Matt Wicks
Man Utd (1995): 0 apps, 0 goals - Arsenal (1996): 0 apps, 0 goals
Wicks was touted as 'the next Tony Adams' having graduated from the FA Centre of Excellence. Despite an attachment to Arsenal, joined Manchester United in 1995. Court cases over the move ensued and Matt eventually returned to the Gunners without featuring at Old Trafford. A similar fate occured at Highbury with Wicks eventually joining Crewe Alexandra.
Mikael Silvestre
Man Utd (1999-2008): 361 apps, 10 goals - Arsenal (2008): 0 apps, 0 goals
Mikael enjoyed nine very successful years at Old Trafford, earning four Premier League winners medals. He became a fixture in the French national time while at Old Trafford and is Arsenal's fifth signing of the summer.

Wenger: 'There is interest, always, in Barry'
By Richard Clarke
Arsène Wenger may still sign one more player before the transfer window closes and, to use his exact words, "there is interest, always," in Gareth Barry.
On Wednesday, the Arsenal manager pulled off a surprise by bringing in Mikael Slivestre from Manchester United. The Frenchman can fulfil roles at centre back or left back but not in central midfield, the area in which Wenger had said he needs re-enforcement.
"I can surprise you sometimes, as I got one who you did not expect," said the Arsenal manager at Thursday's press conference. "And there still might be one more player coming in.
"You know the position, but I cannot tell you much more than that." When asked directly about Barry, the manager replied: "There is interest always."
"I do not want to give you any names," he went on. "But we are not in a desperate situation because we have Alex Song back from the Olympics, Abou Diaby does not look too far away and hopefully we can have good news from Tomas Rosicky in the next two weeks.
"We are not short, short but one more body is possible."
[Friday, August 22, 2008

spiritof91and94

pathetic result and pathetic display - when does the window close??
fearon will love fulham now

Real1995

that was the worse arsenal performance i'd say in five years, there was nothin der 2nite, but if it takes that wake up call for wenger 2sign a big player dis week, it may be worth it...if we had of won 2nite it jus would have papered over the cracks....very disapointin
Nice guys always finish second!

Puckoon

Just highlighting how important fibreglass is to this arsenal team - walcott didnt impress much at all. On another day adebayor would have had a couple.

ONeill

Eboue and Denilson in CM says it all. What top side in Europe would have that as their midfield, even as 2nd choice?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Real1995

AC Milan have completed the signing of Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a one-year loan deal, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
Nice guys always finish second!

hitzelsperger

Quote from: Real1995 on August 25, 2008, 02:28:15 PM
AC Milan have completed the signing of Arsenal defender Philippe Senderos on a one-year loan deal, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

i hope this is true....after saturdays performance a few others could follow! wenger needs to sign a decent midfielder asap

fair play to fulham they battled hard but i think if adebayors header had gone in instead of off the post we would have won the game...big improvement needed.