Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

6-0 31 mins. Think of the children. Bendtner hattrick
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

ONeill

Finished 10-2 that game.

First decent opposition tonight in Stuttgart with Mad Jens in goals for his new club.

ildanach

from  arsenal.com

Portuguese midfielder Amaury Bischoff joins Arsenal
Arsenal can today confirm the signing of midfielder Amaury Bischoff.

The French-born Portugal Under-21 international, 21, was a youngster with French clubs SR Colmar and Strasbourg before moving to Werder Bremen in 2005.

Bischoff, who can play either in the centre of midfield or on the right, was a regular at youth levels for Werder Bremen. His one senior appearance for the Bundesliga club came against Celta Vigo in the UEFA Cup in 2007.

Amaury has played for France's Under-18 team, however in 2007 he elected to train with Portugal and to date has appeared for their Under-21 side.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club would like to welcome Amaury, who will wear squad No 28, and will join up with his team-mates for pre-season when the squad returns from their training camp in Austria.

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

AZOffaly

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on July 25, 2008, 09:02:26 PM

New Arsenal away kit – Anfield '89 20th Anniversary
http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/

Bastids!!! Psychological Warfare. I can still see Steve McMahon holding up 1 finger. I minute left!! Why oh why didn't Steve Nicol put Michael Thomas out into the Stand!?!

ONeill

Ah, the memories as an innocent 14-year old. Smith's barely touched header. Aldridge (I think) having the chance late on to sink Arsenal. It's Up For Grabs Now. 18 years in the wilderness wiped out. Liverpool, this year, are in a similar position.

AZOffaly

I was 15, almost 16, and one of my most vivid memories is turning the telly off in disgust the next evening as the UTV news (I think) showed pictures of Arsenal's homecoming in London. God I was as sick as a plane to Lourdes.

For years I took perverse pride that Nicol didn't hack him down that time. Now I wish he had, especially as United have crept up to within 1 title, and are probably favourites to draw level this season.

ONeill

Full strength line-up bar Fabregas and Rosicky.

ONeill

1-1 after 60. Vela scored - looks a lively lad.

2-1 - good finish from Bendtner after 1-2 with Vela.

Arsenal much sharper since Vela and Bendtner replaced RVP and Ade.

3-1 Wilshire - I think this lad's a better talent that Walcott

Dinny Breen

Quote3-1 Wilshire - I think this lad's a better talent that Walcott

You might be right, impressed with this kid, no wonder Wenger is confident about this season, this could be a great year yet....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I see he has been christened JFW - Jack effing Wilshire. Definitely a better brain than Walcott - very young though.

Norf Tyrone

Too lazy to check as I am at work but who is Vela?

New signing, new kid?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Corporal

Vela was bought a couple of seasons ago but was loaned out to different teams in Spain. Played for Osasuna (i think) last year and scored a good few goals. Still very young.

How did Nasri go 2nite?

ONeill

Nasri was quiet. Has shown nothing yet. Interestingly, he played Eboue as a defensive midfielder. It worked well but too early to judge. Don't think his temperament is suitable to that job.

Vela is in the same mould as Eduardo.

ildanach

very nice of spurs to give us six million euro. our share of the bentley transfer from blackburn to them! ;D
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.