Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 28, 2008, 10:28:52 PM
I still can't believe what Cole said in his book.

What did he say?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: gawa316 on May 28, 2008, 10:54:12 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 28, 2008, 10:28:52 PM
I still can't believe what Cole said in his book.

What did he say?

Can't remember exactly but something about he was offered a new deal worth about 55k a week, and then the club went back and said they were only offering 50k. Ashley had a whole chapter lamenting this, and the way he was treated.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I think he said he nearly crashed his car........when he heard Arsenal were 5000 less.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

new devil

Shrewdness

Reported that the Nasri deal is done. Any of you boys able to confirm or deny.

ildanach

from the bbc

Arsenal insist reports they have signed Marseille midfielder Samir Nasri for £12.5m are premature. (Press Association, 1301 BST)

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Shrewdness

Seems like bad news for Arsenal on the transfer front. The signing of Nasri is in jeopardy. Apparently, due to Arsenal's strict wage structure, the wages on offer to Nasri are not acceptable, and the transfer is hanging in the balance. The deal may now be on hold until after Euro 2008.

Also, strong word today that Hleb will be joining Barcelona later this week.

ONeill

Uladh

Back in the squad as cover in case viera doesn't recover from injury

ONeill

Bundesliga - Lehmann joins Stuttgart

Eurosport - Tue, 03 Jun 17:36:00 2008

Jens Lehmann has finally left Arsenal and signed a one-year deal with German side Stuttgart.

The 38-year-old finalised the move before flying to Mallorca with the Germany squad to begin their Euro 2008 preparations.

Lehmann made 147 appearances for the Gunners after joining in 2003 from Borussia Dortmund.

After replacing David Seaman, he won the title in his first season when he played every game of Arsenal's unbeaten league campaign. He also won the FA Cup the following season.

Stuttgart require a new goalkeeper after Raphael Schafer, who was signed from Nurnberg last summer, failed to live up to expectations.

Stuttgart, who finished sixth in the Bundesliga, have offered an option for a second year.

ONeill

yahoo Germany

Jens Lehmann becomes Swabian. The national goalkeeper plays starting from the coming season for the VfB Stuttgart. The 38-Jährige comes to long Hickhack replace-free from the FC arsenal London to the Neckar, where it receives an a annual contract up to the end of the play time 2008/2009. With " Gunners" Lehmann did not fit any longer into the concept of coach Arsene Wenger, which degradierte the Keeper to the number two and referred to the spare bank. " I know Jens Lehmann already for many years and am of it convinced that he has still the fire in itself, maximum performances too bringen" , VfB Sportdirektor explained refuge Heldt opposite Spiegel online, which made the deal with Lehmann clear finally. Preference for the VfB The association was in the search for a new goal keeper, after master goal keeper Raphael shepherd was pushed after disappointing conceptions to the end the federal league season on the siding. " Jens Lehmann was from the beginning our Wunschkandidat" , Stuttgart coach Armin Veh meant. Lehmann praised the discussions with the Swabians as " much angenehm". " I look forward to the VfB and the Bundesliga" , said the Routinier, which referred the EM-accomodation at the beginning of the week with the national team. Silence over contract details Lehmann had expressed its preference already last for the VfB, which already made itself two weeks ago ago on the search for a replacement for after for only one season superseded shepherd. " The VfB is led respectablly, has a good crew, the attractive football plays and logically a good Trainer" , so the national goalkeeper, who denied altogether 55 international matches and since the WM 2006 mastergate-waits the DFB selection is. Before its change to the FC arsenal played the native Essener for the FC Schalke 04 and Borussia Dortmund (329 Bundesliga-Spiele/2 of gates). Over contract details Lehmanns agreed upon with the Swabians are however with approximately two million euro to lie with sides silence, the annual salary. " In addition we generally give no information. Jens Lehmann called today the other associations, which were likewise interested in an obligation, and we parallel the last details off with its lawyer besprochen" , so Heldt. The conclusion man had lost his master place with arsenal to the Spaniard Manuel Almunia. Altogether Lehmann, which completed 1998/99 also five plays for the AC Milan in the season, stood with which " Gunners" 147-mal between the posts.

ildanach

Quote from: Shrewdness on June 03, 2008, 10:59:38 AM
Seems like bad news for Arsenal on the transfer front. The signing of Nasri is in jeopardy. Apparently, due to Arsenal's strict wage structure, the wages on offer to Nasri are not acceptable, and the transfer is hanging in the balance. The deal may now be on hold until after Euro 2008.

Also, strong word today that Hleb will be joining Barcelona later this week.

Think the nasri deal will go through on the after euro 08. He was supposed to go for a medical at the weekend but logistics prevented it
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

jaykay

Sagna signs new long-term contract with Arsenal
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Bacary Sagna has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Sagna ,25, who joined Arsenal from French side Auxerre last summer, impressed greatly in his first season with Club, making a total of 40 appearances, before his season was unfortunately cut short as a result of an ankle injury.

Bacary's great performances last season did not go unnoticed as he was voted into the PFA Team of the Year by his fellow professionals.

Everyone at the Club is looking forward to Bacary's continued contribution in the forthcoming years.

[ Wednesday, June 04, 2008]

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=492226&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Sagna+signs+new+long-term+contract+with+Arsenal

nutsy--1

I dont have a good feeling about signing nasri and selling hleb i think hleb is the kind of player arsenal are all about.
wat about niko krancjar from portsmouth he seems to be quality.
Glad to see sagna getting a new contract, arsenal's player of the season.

hitzelsperger

this stupid cnut of a wage cap that arsenal have is going to put alot of players off coming! what is the max wage they will pay per week? 55grand?

glad sagna has resigned, great player

i've said before i dont rate hleb, never does it on the big day, and he's going to go to madrid or somewhere and sit on the bench all yr like flamini!

need a keeper, couple of defenders and midfielders signed!